There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I can't for the season to start! With all this crap the Niners are doing or should I say not doing, I cant wait to actually watch some winners play.

at least the sharks wait until the playoffs to disappoint us.

and we can always count on dw coming up with an entertaining offseason
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
I can't for the season to start! With all this crap the Niners are doing or should I say not doing, I cant wait to actually watch some winners play.

Niners are my favorite team, but I'm the least excited for the NFL season to start because of our near decade of terribleness....
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Niners are my favorite team, but I'm the least excited for the NFL season to start because of our near decade of terribleness....

i watched the 88 super bowl when i was 3 and my parents took me to a ton of sharks games in the early days at the cp. both are pretty much ingrained in me since childhood.
Sharks give Burns a 5 year extension. Now that's a real GM for you.

5 year extension

5 year extension

HELL YEAH!!!!! i was surprised, i was sure he would test the market. guess burns already loves the bay area
if its true hes only getting 5.7 what a f**king steal, dude def wanted to be here
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
if its true hes only getting 5.7 what a f**king steal, dude def wanted to be here

Hell yeah! Seems like a lot of players always sign with the Sharks for less than they can get elsewhere.

5 year extension

That is FANTASTIC news. Good work by DW.
thing is with the sharks once a player comes via trade unless your brian campbell that player falls in love with the area, the team and the fans and dont wanna leave. the thing is trying to get free agents to come all the way to the west coast who been playing on the east for a while.
Doug wilson should teach the rest of the bay area GMs on how to be effective

the class we be titled

"Teach me how to dougie"
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Doug wilson should teach the rest of the bay area GMs on how to be effective

the class we be titled

"Teach me how to dougie"

this, sabean pisses me off with his giving up way too much and getting old ass guys and baalke just flat out pisses me off
thing is with the sharks once a player comes via trade unless your brian campbell that player falls in love with the area, the team and the fans and dont wanna leave. the thing is trying to get free agents to come all the way to the west coast who been playing on the east for a while.

cap wise

we are gonna do some damage next year in FA
my friend just texted me about the burns extension. i'm stoked cause at this point i don't see anyway this trade doesn't work out well for us.

i really like what i've seen from burns, been watching some wild footage in my spare time. he may not ever be on dan boyle's level, but he's got the talent to come pretty close. he's a young guy, so him, pavelski, clowe and couture are the future core of this team when thornton, marleau, etc. move on in the next 5 or so years.

i love having a gm who wants to win and goes out to get what he wants

5 year extension

HELL YEAH!!!!! i was surprised, i was sure he would test the market. guess burns already loves the bay area

Now THAT makes the trade OUTSTANDING. Kudos to you, DW.
my friend just texted me about the burns extension. i'm stoked cause at this point i don't see anyway this trade doesn't work out well for us.

i really like what i've seen from burns, been watching some wild footage in my spare time. he may not ever be on dan boyle's level, but he's got the talent to come pretty close. he's a young guy, so him, pavelski, clowe and couture are the future core of this team when thornton, marleau, etc. move on in the next 5 or so years.

i love having a gm who wants to win and goes out to get what he wants

he has room to grow and was never surrounded by talent like boyle had in tampa or san jose