There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Guess Nichol isn't done yet -- Signs with Blues. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568510
Quote:
DP was on the radio earlier saying that multiple sources telling him Wilson is pushing hard for another deal.

if that motherf**ker trades marleau, I will become a florida panthers fan.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Quote:
DP was on the radio earlier saying that multiple sources telling him Wilson is pushing hard for another deal.

He better effing not. In my opinion, Marleau, Pavs, Thornton, Clowe, Couture are all untouchable NON-TRADEABLE performers that we CANNOT give up if we want to succeed in playoff hockey next season.

I do not want to do anything but trade picks or prospects at this point. I'll be happy to just add a speedy 3rd liner who can score 15 goals.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Quote:

He better effing not. In my opinion, Marleau, Pavs, Thornton, Clowe, Couture are all untouchable NON-TRADEABLE performers that we CANNOT give up if we want to succeed in playoff hockey next season.

I do not want to do anything but trade picks or prospects at this point. I'll be happy to just add a speedy 3rd liner who can score 15 goals.

add another 1.4 to the cap (well, most likely)

Thomas Greiss 2 years / 1.175 total

Nitty will be moved, wouldnt be surprised if he is traded to a team that has cap issues and has to unload a high paid player.
Quote:

relax marleau isnt going anywhere, out of our forwards im 100% confident patty, thornton and couture wont go anywhere. now clowe and pavelski sadly can probably be had for the right player signed for multiple yrs. dont get me wrong im loving this off season but im hoping dw doesnt make another huge move just to make another splash. all we really need is to add a 3rd liner who can skate, play d and chip in goals here and there
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Quote:

relax marleau isnt going anywhere, out of our forwards im 100% confident patty, thornton and couture wont go anywhere. now clowe and pavelski sadly can probably be had for the right player signed for multiple yrs. dont get me wrong im loving this off season but im hoping dw doesnt make another huge move just to make another splash. all we really need is to add a 3rd liner who can skate, play d and chip in goals here and there

i hope Pavs wouldn't be on the block. That would be too much shock to the system after Seto. I think the likely guy being shopped is Nitty
Quote:

add another 1.4 to the cap (well, most likely)

Thomas Greiss 2 years / 1.175 total

Nitty will be moved, wouldnt be surprised if he is traded to a team that has cap issues and has to unload a high paid player.

What's all this about Greiss? And moving Nitty? Nitty was great in relief. I'm not sure we're going to move him unless Stalock shows he's made a fine recovery.
we signed griess to a two year deal

he can play in the minors and nhl

that signing enables us to move Nitty. Griess also has been solid in relief. And he would be with us until Stalock returns to 100%.

The sharks are loaded with Goalie prospects.
we signed griess to a two year deal

he can play in the minors and nhl

that signing enables us to move Nitty. Griess also has been solid in relief. And he would be with us until Stalock returns to 100%.

The sharks are loaded with Goalie prospects.

Stalock should be the primary back-up once fully healthy, assuming we move Nitty. He was good in relief in our comeback against Phoenix. We of course have a highly regarded prospect in J.P. Anderson who helped his team to the OHL Finals this year.
Okay, the Greiss signing is offical.

Sharks also signed two other players.

Quote:

Matt Pelech: Calgary's 1st round pick in 2005, defensive defenseman Matt Pelech. Never has really had any NHL opportunity. In the five games he played for the Flames in 08-09, he had three points.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568698&navid=mod-rr-headlines

Quote:

Sean Sullivan: 27-year old offensive defenseman that led the Worcester D in goals (12), assists (23) and points (35), last year. Has never played an NHL game

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568698&navid=mod-rr-headlines

Both these appear to be Worcester additions, basically.
Blues are smart as f**k

signed Arnott and Lagenbrruner

IMO, they know they will be sellers come deadline and will get some good pieces in return
come on Fredrik Sjostrom

speedy pker
Quote:

i didnt think Seto shouldve been traded either but you gotta give stuff to get stuff. we should be pretty damn awesome next year with our upgraded defense
Blues are smart as f**k

signed Arnott and Lagenbrruner

IMO, they know they will be sellers come deadline and will get some good pieces in return

good point. If either of them can have a respectable year, they will be able to pick up some prospects/picks for them.
Quote:
"The bottom line for me, I would have rather invested my money with Bernie Madoff than invest in Edmonton's word."