LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

2010-2011 Texas Longhorns Page

Got free tickets to the game today. We better win.
Oh well. Still had fun.
Not looking good for Mac Brown. Horns will be lucky if they get invited to the toilet bowl at this point.
This team doesn't deserve an "official" tag.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Time to fire Mack. Don't worry the kind folks in South Bend, Indiana will gladly give him a job
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Time to fire Mack. Don't worry the kind folks in South Bend, Indiana will gladly give him a job

You're joking, obviously, but a lot of dummies around here think that's what should be done.

You're joking, obviously, but a lot of dummies around here think that's what should be done.

Why the fall off? I can't imagine they have any trouble recruiting (ever)? Just a few strong classes graduating/moving on the play on Sundays? Have they lost coordinators? Seems too dramatic for them to fall this fast.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Why the fall off? I can't imagine they have any trouble recruiting (ever)? Just a few strong classes graduating/moving on the play on Sundays? Have they lost coordinators? Seems too dramatic for them to fall this fast.

The problem is the recruiting. They're trying to recruit to the future head coach's offensive philosophy, which is more of a pro-style offense, but not everybody is on board for that right now. So we have guys running the spread that aren't equipped to run the spread (see: TEs).
Question for you guys

I'm fascinated with the numbers and production Justin Blackmon has been able to put up this year, but one of the biggest knocks on this is the Big XII competition not being all of that.

So I started looking forward to the games against Nebraska and Texas to see how he'd fare on those: he did pretty well against the Cornhuskers, but is Texas no longer considered a test for opposing passing games?

Not trying to take a shot at you guys, just wanted the perspective of Longhorns' fans. As I understand it your run D is iffy but your secondary is still solid, am I right?

Why wont they give Case McCoy a shot at it?
Originally posted by txniner2:
Why wont they give Case McCoy a shot at it?

Good question. I don't think he should be the starter, but Mack should have given someone a shot, at least for a few drives.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Question for you guys

I'm fascinated with the numbers and production Justin Blackmon has been able to put up this year, but one of the biggest knocks on this is the Big XII competition not being all of that.

So I started looking forward to the games against Nebraska and Texas to see how he'd fare on those: he did pretty well against the Cornhuskers, but is Texas no longer considered a test for opposing passing games?

Not trying to take a shot at you guys, just wanted the perspective of Longhorns' fans. As I understand it your run D is iffy but your secondary is still solid, am I right?

WOW!

Muschamp (or however you spell it) leaves for Florida!!!

Thats a big blow to you guys. I know you will counter with how bad my program is, so lets just get it out of the way, ASU sucks (right now ).

But I'm amazed he left, I think it causes some pretty big damage to your program. Next years recruiting for you will be interesting.
Our longhorn defense is f**ked.
Share 49ersWebzone