LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

2010-2011 Texas Longhorns Page

Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I'm excited, but a bit scared today. I sure hope we look better than we have the first few weeks.

I don't have a good feeling about today. I really think we're gonna lose.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I'm excited, but a bit scared today. I sure hope we look better than we have the first few weeks.

I don't have a good feeling about today. I really think we're gonna lose.

Yeah, between this and the Niner game it could be another long, disappointing weekend. (Like last weekend.)

My advice to you (and me)....start drinking heavily.
Boomer Sooner
The Austin press is not happy:

DALLAS — Alamo Bowl on line 1 for you, Mack.

Unless, that is, suddenly spiraling Texas falls further to the Insight or the Holiday or even the New Era Pinstripe Classic in New York's Yankee Stadium - which, I think, pits the Big 12's ninth team against the Ivy League runner-up or the American League wild card.

But, yes, we are getting ahead of ourselves and assuming the 21st-ranked Longhorns (3-2) will become bowl-eligible at some point this fall. We can assume that, though, right?

A season that began with so much promise as well as UT's usual Top 10 status unraveled big time on a warm Saturday in October, when the Horns' next mistake was worse than their last in a 28-20 loss to No. 8-ranked Oklahoma.

In fact, the Cotton Bowl became a toxic wasteland of physical and mental errors that reflected a lack of discipline by players, an inability to readily identify the team's strengths and a very curious game plan that in the second half put on the bench a Texas running back who had a 60-yard touchdown run and only three other carries the entire game.

statesman
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Oh well, guess you can't go undefeated all the time.
Texas on suicide watch
  • Dino
  • Veteran

thoughts on the game this weekend?
Agree. I figured we'd lose 3 games this year, one being the Nebraska game. I assumed we'd beat UCLA though.

Did they ever say where on the 6th floor of the PCL that dude offed himself? I'm there now and I wanna make sure I'm not sitting in brain.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i'm still pretty f**kin scared of Texas. This is obviously Nebraska's best chance to get a W.

If you shut down our run game there is a pretty good chance Texas wins.
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Agree. I figured we'd lose 3 games this year, one being the Nebraska game. I assumed we'd beat UCLA though.

Did they ever say where on the 6th floor of the PCL that dude offed himself? I'm there now and I wanna make sure I'm not sitting in brain.

No idea. Maybe close to the stairs (he didn't go up in the elevator, did he?)

I just hope he didn't do it in one of those little rape rooms that I love so well.

That would be an awkward elevator ride. Do you push the button with the barrel of the gun? If it's me, I'd do it. As for the rape, does the victim feel obligated to be quiet because it's a library? There are some Asian jokes in there that I'll just avoid because of my decadence.

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
i'm still pretty f**kin scared of Texas. This is obviously Nebraska's best chance to get a W.

If you shut down our run game there is a pretty good chance Texas wins.

Good game fellas. You own us...

Edit: the 3 dropped touchdown passes didn't really help nebraska.

f**k you niles paul.

[ Edited by Dino on Oct 17, 2010 at 07:31:13 ]
HOOK EM'!!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
NOW the defense comes together. As I said at the beginning, this is a wait till next year team but had the defense played like this from the beginning we could have been like Bama this year and squeek by. Cakewalk from here on either way.
Losing at home to Iowa State...ouch. Now you guys can hate them as much as I do.
FML...seriously
Share 49ersWebzone