There are 155 users in the forums

2010-2011 Texas Longhorns Page

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
All hail the great and mighty Texas.

WAIT whatttt? that is not what I posted

Who did dis
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by TX9R:
That's a fantastic article. Shows why Texas is is sosuccesful with Brown as CEO. What it made me think is how Singletary could be that type of coach....if only he surrounded himself with better, more innovative coaches to handle the ins and outs/ Xs and Os, while he did bigger picture stuff.

Yeah, I pretty much came away with the same thought.

Mack Brown = one helluva CEO, runs the Texas program like a Fortune 500 program (well, one that doesn't need a bailout).

Its amazing to me that Mack Brown really led Texas into becoming "Texas" rather then "UT." I mean you guys aren't even really a college team, you are literally the representation of the best football players from Texas (which along with FL and CA are the 3 hotbeds of football talent). Your recruiting is just absolutely insane, pretty much fill your class with 4/5 Stars when they are juniors. TCU does a good job of getting the best scraps, and Tech could compete when they had a brilliant coach. I'm guessing the demise of SMU also helped, and A&M use to be decent during the 90's didn't they?

USC had to cheat to get that kind of talent. And FL seems to have a revolving door on who has the state (Miami, FSU, and currently Florida). Whereas Texas has essentially maintained it for nearly a decade with no stop in sight.

Anyways, IMO, you guys are always a failure if you don't win a NC with your talent pool Where as with our talent pool, we are a success if we win 4 games

It's not just the football either. He's really helped create the Texas "brand". When I went to Disney World a few months back, I kept seeing kids and sometimes entire families wearing Texas gear. They outnumbered other teams (combined), even Florida teams, 3-to-1. I was shocked at how many people were sporting Longhorn stuff. The first guy I saw wearing a shirt, I approached and asked him if he was from Texas. Nope, he just liked 'em.
Originally posted by dobo:
holy crap, this game is crazy!

what have I missed?

What do you think Crabtree and T. Brown have as a bet?
I'm glad to see Gideon has learned how to catch an easy INT in Lubbock

It takes us Leander folk a little longer to figger things out.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

too close to Lake Travis?
Originally posted by global_nomad:

too close to Lake Travis?

Not close enough.
Tech is playin' dirty! Somebody needs to lock them in a shed for a little while. Teach 'em some manners.
wtf we could have just handed that cb the ball.
f**k me. get it together mac brown.

I was star struck when I ran into Rick Barns at Schlotzsky's, but if I saw Mac Brown right now I would slap him.

Curtis, you slow b*****d.
Curtis, you slow b*****d.

haha I was think that it looks like Gore getting caught from behind. He could of at least of taken an angle to the end zone
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The stats say the defense dominated but it sure didn't feel like it. The Oline sucks plain and simple and will get exposed against real competition. This is definately a transition year.
holy s**t, WTF is wrong with you guys? Losing to UCLA at about the half?!?!?

I warned you that UCLA's D has some playmakers and your Offense would struggle early, but 4 turnovers in a half?

And I even specifically mentioned watch out for Ayers (1 int, 1 FF) Did you listen? Nope. You thought a Sun Devil is just a drunken bafoon when it comes to football.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 25, 2010 at 2:08 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
This offense flat out sucks. The Oline is mediocre at best and the main culprit of said suckiness.
Share 49ersWebzone