LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Coffee Retires?

I got blasted on this board for stating that Coffee used god as a cop-out because he didn't want to play football anymore. He just wanted to make a quick buck and do gang banger s**t for the rest of his life until he dies or gets locked up.

He has his chance in lifeto succeed and he blew it. No remorse for this idiot. All he had to do was stay on the team and his life would be going in the right direction right now.

God, apparently, told him to quit football for a life of crime? Singletary bought that s**t and let him go. They should have at least filed a grievance and got some money back from this clown.
Well, didn't see that coming.
Am I reading this wrong?..... Gun Laws In the United States...Vehicle carry without a permit is allowed either in a snapped holster in plain view, or when the firearm is concealed if the firearm is "securely encased". "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.......Vehicle carry without a permit is permitted when concealed even if it is not "securely encased" if the firearm is not "readily accessible"

He was arrested for a concealed weapon
What is with TMZ calling Coffee a "star" who retired after a "stellar first season." Before he quit he was facing the prospect of third string halfback. Never let facts get in the way of a good story.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
What is with TMZ calling Coffee a "star" who retired after a "stellar first season." Before he quit he was facing the prospect of third string halfback. Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

lol
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by BSofSF:

lol

I think they probably meant pre-season.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I got blasted on this board for stating that Coffee used god as a cop-out because he didn't want to play football anymore. He just wanted to make a quick buck and do gang banger s**t for the rest of his life until he dies or gets locked up.

He has his chance in lifeto succeed and he blew it. No remorse for this idiot. All he had to do was stay on the team and his life would be going in the right direction right now.

God, apparently, told him to quit football for a life of crime? Singletary bought that s**t and let him go. They should have at least filed a grievance and got some money back from this clown.

I do believe that he never like or wanted to play football.

I also believe he made a few hundred thousand dollars and felt he was set for life.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:

I also believe he made a few hundred thousand dollars and felt he was set for life.

Good points.

I never really looked much into the Coffee situation because I never thought much of him as a player.
Originally posted by susweel:

Good points.

I never really looked much into the Coffee situation because I never thought much of him as a player.

How much would he have made for the one year he played? As a third round pick according to the net he got 310k last year and he had a signing bonus of 900k. So he got the 310k. For the signing bonus I assume he got 200k of it and even then, since he retired I assume the Niners can re-coup some of that. Pretty dumb dude if he retired cause he thought he was set for like. Not sure how he plans on living on 300k (after tax) for the rest of his life.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:

Good points.

How much would he have made for the one year he played? As a third round pick according to the net he got 310k last year and he had a signing bonus of 900k. So he got the 310k. For the signing bonus I assume he got 200k of it and even then, since he retired I assume the Niners can re-coup some of that. Pretty dumb dude if he retired cause he thought he was set for like. Not sure how he plans on living on 300k (after tax) for the rest of his life.

Obviously the dude is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Dude was driving with no registration, no insurance and carrying loaded gun and was also speeding.

Originally posted by fister30:

lol

Good points.

I don't think I'd even call what Maurice Clarett did "a life of crime" and what he did was much worse. Of course what Coffee did was stupid but I'd hardly call speeding with a gun in the console for a guy with no criminal record "a life of crime" or doing "gang banger s**t." It's not like he's mugging fools for their wallet and phone.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ghostrider:

I don't think I'd even call what Maurice Clarett did "a life of crime" and what he did was much worse. Of course what Coffee did was stupid but I'd hardly call speeding with a gun in the console for a guy with no criminal record "a life of crime" or doing "gang banger s**t." It's not like he's mugging fools for their wallet and phone.

Seriously? He had a loaded and cocked gun. How is that in service of the Lord? He's clearly a phony, and a loaded and cocked gun is gang banger crap. I'm fairly certain he wasn't going hunting.

[ Edited by Nuns on Oct 8, 2010 at 15:50:52 ]

Ghostrider how can you condone the lack of judgement by these ex NFL players? You make excuses for these guys, up until the point that it affects you and then you change your opinion. ie, Coffee speeds past you on the freeway and then cuts you off, you honk at him, drive around him and as you pass him he points the gun at you. Then at that point its a big deal because he is driving with a loaded firearm in his console

Young2rice and Nuns, I'm glad that I am not alone that feels this way. Plus, how does he not have his Cadillac registered or insured?
Share 49ersWebzone