LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

COHAN....the name says it all.

last night i thought L.E would be the owner by this morning but boy was i mistaken
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
It's like your parents promised you a Ferrari, and they came home with a Lexus. You know you should be happy but still.

with this ownership

there may be a potenial to move the team to vegas
Quote:
Howard Peter Guber (born. March 2, 1942 in Newton, Massachusetts) is an American film producer and executive. Chairman and CEO of Mandalay Entertainment, Guber has been a force in the entertainment industry for over thirty years. He has leveraged his creativity and business acumen into record‐breaking profits and critical acclaim, establishing him as one of the most successful executives in the entertainment and communications industries. Films he personally produced or executive produced, including Rain Man, Batman, The Color Purple, Midnight Express, Gorillas in the Mist: The Story of Dian Fossey, The Witches of Eastwick, Missing and Flashdance, have resonated with audiences all over the world, earning over three billion dollars worldwide and garnering more than 50 Academy Award nominations.

Great, he's going to care more with the fact that we're entertaining to watch play rather than beating out other teams.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If this is true, I'm done. Time to end the dysfunctional relationship I have with the W's....

I hope all of you do

The Kings thread is over there guys----> just saying I'd be happy to have some of you guys as fans of my team

A few of us just might, man.

This sh** is so disheartening. I don't even know what to say right now. I feel like Cleveland fan did last Thursday.
As much as I hate Cohan right now if this other group DID bid $50 million more its pretty easy to understand why he took that bid. Cohan hasnt done anything to make the Warriors a winner but he has been damn good at lining his pockets.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Well I started following the Warriors last year, I used to be a huge Steve Nash fan and followed the suns a lot..

Im going back to Steve Nash, er i mean Phoenix, I dont want to follow a team with owners like these guys

I might be back when Steve Nash retires though

bye guise Will i see anyone else in the Suns thread?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
It's like your parents promised you a Ferrari, and they came home with a Lexus. You know you should be happy but still.

with this ownership

Not the Mandalay Bay (the hotel in Vegas). They just happen to be the Mandalay Entertainment Group, doing things in films.

Also the Bay Area is a cash cow, no way they move the team, although if they did, they would probably make and expansion and give it to Larry Ellison. but then Curry goes bye bye.
[ Edited by j3xperience on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:36 AM ]
Here is another link with some info on Lacob.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/warriors/ci_15523556?nclick_check=1

with this ownership

I doubt the NBA is going to allow any team to move to Las Vegas for obvious reasons. I guess we just have to be happy that Cohan is gone. Anything has to be better than him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
As much as I hate Cohan right now if this other group DID bid $50 million more its pretty easy to understand why he took that bid. Cohan hasnt done anything to make the Warriors a winner but he has been damn good at lining his pockets.

Totally get this from a business standpoint. From a fan's standpoint though, it's the last straw for me. They had one final chance to give the bay area fans some real hope, knowing that a guy like Ellison would do whatever and pay whatever to field a winner.

Then again, LE couldn't/wouldn't come up with another $50M (which he could probably find in his pocket somewhere) to get the deal done, so maybe even that was false hope.

Totally get this from a business standpoint. From a fan's standpoint though, it's the last straw for me. They had one final chance to give the bay area fans some real hope, knowing that a guy like Ellison would do whatever and pay whatever to field a winner.

Then again, LE couldn't/wouldn't come up with another $50M (which he could probably find in his pocket somewhere) to get the deal done, so maybe even that was false hope.

According to the article on insidebayarea

Ellison had a set value and wasnt going to overbid. He wasnt going to pay a price that wasnt right (in his mind). I understand this too from his perspective

Ellison had a set value and wasnt going to overbid. He wasnt going to pay a price that wasnt right (in his mind). I understand this too from his perspective

Larry Ellison wasnt going to be strong armed by Chris Cohan. There was no way he was going to be the loser who was strong armed out of 50 million. He had his price and when it went higher he knew he was getting played.

Larry Ellison could have bought the team for a billion dollars if he wanted, but in the end, as a business man, he would not be strong armed into more money when it was only worth so much.

I get that too, but that means you really REALLY don't want that thing too bad. If you REALLY want something, you end up overypaying for it (if you're in a bidding war) even if it's beyond what you see as good value, but you do so because it's more important to you to own that thing than saving a few sheckels here and there (a "few" scheckels being relative, in this case).
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Its obviously easier in a group to buy a team for that amount of money, Larry Ellison was going solo trying to buy the team. The group could afford spending more money.
Even though Larry Ellison basically s**ts out money and couldve bought the team, hes a G for even going this far
this made me LOL

RT @backupwaterboy @warriorsworld this is like moving from getting a bj from a guy to a tranny.
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone