LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by j3xperience:
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
This entire deal is shady and the GSW should be the property of Ellison by now, I guess us Warriors fans will forever be cursed of bad decision making for the rest of our lives!!!

it SHOULD be, but Cohan kept raising his price after Ellison agreed to pay the 400 million that was asked, but Cohan is greedy and wanted more. The Group was willing to pay so they won.

Shady move by Cohan but it is what it is.

I don't understand what's shady here. The Mandalay group offered $50,000,000 more than Ellison, so they got the team. That isn't shady, that's a regular business transaction.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Method:
:*(

i literally shed a few tears over this.

this group wants to open a team in vegas... and now they got my warriors? ah man... ah mannnnn

Dude me too. We had our hopes up way too high cus it was pretty much a done deal. It was as if Cohan knew we were happy and he wanted to kick us all in the groin one last time.

Now this dude should have 100% ownership, right?
Originally posted by Method:
:*(

i literally shed a few tears over this.

this group wants to open a team in vegas... and now they got my warriors? ah man... ah mannnnn

So wait is this the same group that's saying they would move to Vegas if or when Vegas gets a new arena? That sucks.
Props to Ellison for staying in as long as he did. I would have said f**k it from the get go. Im sure Ellison outbid everyone else and when Cohan kept asking for more money(and wasnt going to stop)...Ellison had no choice

f**k YO COUCH COHAN
Steinmetz is on KNBR right now.

Says that since this group bought the Warriors instead of Ellison, Nelson and Riley are MORE likely to stay with the team LONG TERM than if Ellison bought it.

sorry crzy.
So who won the bid?
only Darth Stern can save us now

God Speed
If this is true, I'm done. Time to end the dysfunctional relationship I have with the W's....
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
This entire deal is shady and the GSW should be the property of Ellison by now, I guess us Warriors fans will forever be cursed of bad decision making for the rest of our lives!!!

it SHOULD be, but Cohan kept raising his price after Ellison agreed to pay the 400 million that was asked, but Cohan is greedy and wanted more. The Group was willing to pay so they won.

Shady move by Cohan but it is what it is.

I don't understand what's shady here. The Mandalay group offered $50,000,000 more than Ellison, so they got the team. That isn't shady, that's a regular business transaction.

Shady as they agreed in principle, winning the bid from the last 2 bidders, and this company comes out of left field to offer 50 million more. Ellison won the bid, and Cohan basically leveraged someone from the outside to get more money.
still in mode.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If this is true, I'm done. Time to end the dysfunctional relationship I have with the W's....

I hope all of you do
Steinmetz is on KNBR right now.

Says that since this group bought the Warriors instead of Ellison, Nelson and Riley are MORE likely to stay with the team LONG TERM than if Ellison bought it.

sorry crzy.

Aaah, this is Bullsh**!!!!!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I hope all of you do

The Kings thread is over there guys----> just saying I'd be happy to have some of you guys as fans of my team
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Well I started following the Warriors last year, I used to be a huge Steve Nash fan and followed the suns a lot..

Im going back to Steve Nash, er i mean Phoenix, I dont want to follow a team with owners like these guys

I might be back when Steve Nash retires though
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:30 AM ]
It's like your parents promised you a Ferrari, and they came home with a Lexus. You know you should be happy but still.
Share 49ersWebzone