LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

The Official Miami Heat Bandwagon Thread

trade Lebron?! REALLY!!??! he is the reason the Heat made it to the finals without him,the heat are a 4 seed at best. he had a bad series.btw wasnt he shut out against dallas in the first half when he played them in the regular season? i know regular season doesnt mean anything in the nba but just sayin. He carried the Heat against Boston and Chicago,then he just stoped playing aggressive and became wayyy too passive. He will come back next year with a better mindset and help Miami win their 2nd championship....that is if there even is a season
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
trade Lebron?! REALLY!!??! he is the reason the Heat made it to the finals without him,the heat are a 4 seed at best. he had a bad series.btw wasnt he shut out against dallas in the first half when he played them in the regular season? i know regular season doesnt mean anything in the nba but just sayin. He carried the Heat against Boston and Chicago,then he just stoped playing aggressive and became wayyy too passive. He will come back next year with a better mindset and help Miami win their 2nd championship....that is if there even is a season

It's not just "trade LeBron", it's "trade LeBron for Dwight Howard". And yes, I do that trade 10 times outta 10 if I'm Pat Riley.

Not that it has a chance of happening, but people are kidding themselves if they don't think a Wade/Howard/Bosh combo is more effective on the court than a Wade/LeBron/Bosh combo.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It's not just "trade LeBron", it's "trade LeBron for Dwight Howard". And yes, I do that trade 10 times outta 10 if I'm Pat Riley.

Not that it has a chance of happening, but people are kidding themselves if they don't think a Wade/Howard/Bosh combo is more effective on the court than a Wade/LeBron/Bosh combo.

Again without lebron heat get eliminated in the 2nd round at best. Dwight is good player and fills in a need at center but can u honestly say he's up there with lebron? Riles already said he won't trade anyone in the big 3 but if anything they would trade bosh ,a draft pick(s), and few scrubs for dwight. No way they touch lebron that would be as retarded as the falcons trading brett favre

Again without lebron heat get eliminated in the 2nd round at best. Dwight is good player and fills in a need at center but can u honestly say he's up there with lebron? Riles already said he won't trade anyone in the big 3 but if anything they would trade bosh ,a draft pick(s), and few scrubs for dwight. No way they touch lebron that would be as retarded as the falcons trading brett favre

Without LeBron at all you lose in the 2nd round, yes. With Dwight Howard instead of LeBron, you're the NBA champs and it's not even all that close. He's the best defender in the league, one of the 2-3 best rebounders, and now he's one of the best post up options.

Howard's absolutely on LeBron's level as a player, and he's a much better fit than LeBron is. Miami already has a player that does the exact same things that LeBron does on a superstar level in Wade. You have no one that does what Howard does.

I'm not saying Riley would, I'm saying he should. I guess we're about to enter our 6th year of the "How long can we overrate LeBron James" experiment.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

Without LeBron at all you lose in the 2nd round, yes. With Dwight Howard instead of LeBron, you're the NBA champs and it's not even all that close. He's the best defender in the league, one of the 2-3 best rebounders, and now he's one of the best post up options.

Howard's absolutely on LeBron's level as a player, and he's a much better fit than LeBron is. Miami already has a player that does the exact same things that LeBron does on a superstar level in Wade. You have no one that does what Howard does.

I'm not saying Riley would, I'm saying he should. I guess we're about to enter our 6th year of the "How long can we overrate LeBron James" experiment.

Keeps Lebron in/near a relatively large market, Florida. Generates instant interest in the Magic. Potentially helps with his image rebuild too. He got humbled in the finals, and humbled again by being traded, people would be back on his side, which is what he craves.

I'd make that deal. Imagine Howard feeding Wade and Bosh outside.
Originally posted by Otter:

Keeps Lebron in/near a relatively large market, Florida. Generates instant interest in the Magic. Potentially helps with his image rebuild too. He got humbled in the finals, and humbled again by being traded, people would be back on his side, which is what he craves.I'd make that deal. Imagine Howard feeding Wade and Bosh outside.

I disagree with that. He wants to win more than anything else and being traded to a team with worse talent than he had in Cleveland would infuriate him.

In this scenario he'd go down kicking and screaming and while I know some disagree with this I don't think any organization would make a trade for Lebron unless they have his blessing.

So you agree with me then...
lebron ain't but 26yo and i know he has been in the league eight yrs but he nor dwight have hit their respective primes yet. lebron has more room to improve than dwight. dwight is hands down the best center as lebron is the best small forward. it is very close as to which player is better but if i had to choose one unlike phil jackson i choose lebron. as an owner i choose lebron because he is the lightning rod that generates the most interest thus the most revenue. as good as d12 is he ain't the draw that lebron is. the thing about a wing player of lebron's caliber is that he can take the ball coast to coast and create his own shot or find others one. Also, lebron has effectively guarded all five positions on the court for the heat this season and played offensively all four of the smaller spots. this guy is the most versatile superstar in this league. his max potential isn't even reached yet. now i ain't saying that d12 won't surpass him as a player or hasn't yet cuz i ain't on the nba hardwood but he simply does more things to help a team win than d12. check cle sub twenty win season this yr as opposed to their 60 plus win seasons under lbj. lebron if i am riley is untouchable because the heat training staff is one of the league's finest and they will have lebron mentally physically and technically sound for these upcoming seasons. keep watching and the story will tell itself

d wade has been my fav player for years now but i think he has about 4 more elite years of play left whereas wit lebron's build he has at age 26 about 8 to 9 yrs of elite play left of which we haven't yet seen the ceiling. u keep lebron and players will flock to south beach in free agency to keep u in contention. ud and mike miller went on record as saying lebron is the best in the league hands down. this was revealed over countless practice sessions and just them following him throughout his nba career. u might create a rift in the locker room if riley made that trade. overrated lebron is when considering pippen talk about being the GOAT but underrated he is when u put another player in this league above him to the point of leaving him out of the discussion.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
lebron ain't but 26yo and i know he has been in the league eight yrs but he nor dwight have hit their respective primes yet. lebron has more room to improve than dwight. dwight is hands down the best center as lebron is the best small forward. it is very close as to which player is better but if i had to choose one unlike phil jackson i choose lebron. as an owner i choose lebron because he is the lightning rod that generates the most interest thus the most revenue. as good as d12 is he ain't the draw that lebron is. the thing about a wing player of lebron's caliber is that he can take the ball coast to coast and create his own shot or find others one. Also, lebron has effectively guarded all five positions on the court for the heat this season and played offensively all four of the smaller spots. this guy is the most versatile superstar in this league. his max potential isn't even reached yet. now i ain't saying that d12 won't surpass him as a player or hasn't yet cuz i ain't on the nba hardwood but he simply does more things to help a team win than d12. check cle sub twenty win season this yr as opposed to their 60 plus win seasons under lbj. lebron if i am riley is untouchable because the heat training staff is one of the league's finest and they will have lebron mentally physically and technically sound for these upcoming seasons. keep watching and the story will tell itself

Also, my thing on LBJ is I think he may be the only player in NBA history that could have won 127 games over those last 2 years with Cleveland. I don't think there's anyone else that you could have replaced him with that would have won that many games or won 3 playoff rounds (with a postseason record of 16-9 in '09 and '10) in the 2 years. Not to say he's better than Michael, but I don't think even with Michael that squad wins 127. He only topped 66 wins twice and those were both with FAAAAAR more talented squads (plus Phil instead of Mike Brown). Whenever anyone criticizes him, this is really all I need to mention and there's not really a logical rebuttal that anyone can have. In every single one of his years with Cleveland, he took them further than what should have been reasonably expected. That's why the absolute most retarded thing anyone could ever do is criticize him for not winning a ring there. It's like someone spinning straw into gold and then someone else complaining that it's not ENOUGH gold. Completely irrational.

[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 26, 2011 at 00:05:37 ]

Originally posted by andes14:

Also, my thing on LBJ is I think he may be the only player in NBA history that could have won 127 games over those last 2 years with Cleveland. I don't think there's anyone else that you could have replaced him with that would have won that many games or won 3 playoff rounds (with a postseason record of 16-9 in '09 and '10) in the 2 years. Not to say he's better than Michael, but I don't think even with Michael that squad wins 127. He only topped 66 wins twice and those were both with FAAAAAR more talented squads (plus Phil instead of Mike Brown). Whenever anyone criticizes him, this is really all I need to mention and there's not really a logical rebuttal that anyone can have. In every single one of his years with Cleveland, he took them further than what should have been reasonably expected. That's why the absolute most retarded thing anyone could ever do is criticize him for not winning a ring there. It's like someone spinning straw into gold and then someone else complaining that it's not ENOUGH gold. Completely irrational.

so true man i definitely can not think of another player to put in lebron's shoes in cleveland to win much more than forty five games and that would be pushing it
LOL, oh geez.

so true man i definitely can not think of another player to put in lebron's shoes in cleveland to win much more than forty five games and that would be pushing it

congrats 2 him then, being the reg season beast, at the end of the day nobody gives a s**t about 66 wins or 62 or 56, its what u did in the playoffs, u think steve nash gives a s**t about phx's multiple 60 wins seasons?
Originally posted by crabman82:

congrats 2 him then, being the reg season beast, at the end of the day nobody gives a s**t about 66 wins or 62 or 56, its what u did in the playoffs, u think steve nash gives a s**t about phx's multiple 60 wins seasons?

Like I said, do you think anyone else could have won a championship with the supporting cast he had in Cleveland? Even Michael wouldn't have won it all with that squad, so how can you blame LBJ for not? It makes no sense. Instead of criticizing him for not achieving the absolutely impossible, why not praise him for winning 8 playoff series' over his last 5 years there (nothing short of miraculous), and only losing to WAAAAY better TEAMS (and even still for the most part defying logic and still being competitive vs. them, even if they lost). The only year where he could have been reasonably expected to win a championship was this year, and even then he was lights out against 2 outstanding teams in the playoffs so he at least still MADE the finals, but they fell a bit short. It's not like they lost in the first round or something.

But again, HOW CAN YOU BLAME HIM FOR NOT WINNING IT ALL IN CLEVELAND??? I have never heard one legitimate response to this EVER.

[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 26, 2011 at 11:49:36 ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

wow, that is true but last i checked lebron's postseason production compares very favorably to other heralded postseason performers this last decade. One could say that lebron has done much more wit his supporting cast than others have wit their respective cast in the postseason. maybe d wade has been more productive per game avg but i doubt it. lebron also has an excellent record postseason. he obviously hasn't won the big one yet and that is his only major blemish which knocks him down quite a few pegs. but at 26yo i am not about to write him off as one of the alltime busts. hell i am eight years his senior and i know the kid is in afine organization surrounded by winners and that he will improve in his mentality first and foremost then the potential for champioships will follow. it does not happen overnight. give him time but give him credit. there is a reason he is the most followed nba baller
Share 49ersWebzone