LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

The Official Miami Heat Bandwagon Thread

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by andes14:
lebron ain't but 26yo and i know he has been in the league eight yrs but he nor dwight have hit their respective primes yet. lebron has more room to improve than dwight. dwight is hands down the best center as lebron is the best small forward. it is very close as to which player is better but if i had to choose one unlike phil jackson i choose lebron. as an owner i choose lebron because he is the lightning rod that generates the most interest thus the most revenue. as good as d12 is he ain't the draw that lebron is. the thing about a wing player of lebron's caliber is that he can take the ball coast to coast and create his own shot or find others one. Also, lebron has effectively guarded all five positions on the court for the heat this season and played offensively all four of the smaller spots. this guy is the most versatile superstar in this league. his max potential isn't even reached yet. now i ain't saying that d12 won't surpass him as a player or hasn't yet cuz i ain't on the nba hardwood but he simply does more things to help a team win than d12. check cle sub twenty win season this yr as opposed to their 60 plus win seasons under lbj. lebron if i am riley is untouchable because the heat training staff is one of the league's finest and they will have lebron mentally physically and technically sound for these upcoming seasons. keep watching and the story will tell itself

Also, my thing on LBJ is I think he may be the only player in NBA history that could have won 127 games over those last 2 years with Cleveland. I don't think there's anyone else that you could have replaced him with that would have won that many games or won 3 playoff rounds (with a postseason record of 16-9 in '09 and '10) in the 2 years. Not to say he's better than Michael, but I don't think even with Michael that squad wins 127. He only topped 66 wins twice and those were both with FAAAAAR more talented squads (plus Phil instead of Mike Brown). Whenever anyone criticizes him, this is really all I need to mention and there's not really a logical rebuttal that anyone can have. In every single one of his years with Cleveland, he took them further than what should have been reasonably expected. That's why the absolute most retarded thing anyone could ever do is criticize him for not winning a ring there. It's like someone spinning straw into gold and then someone else complaining that it's not ENOUGH gold. Completely irrational.

so true man i definitely can not think of another player to put in lebron's shoes in cleveland to win much more than forty five games and that would be pushing it

congrats 2 him then, being the reg season beast, at the end of the day nobody gives a s**t about 66 wins or 62 or 56, its what u did in the playoffs, u think steve nash gives a s**t about phx's multiple 60 wins seasons?

wow, that is true but last i checked lebron's postseason production compares very favorably to other heralded postseason performers this last decade. One could say that lebron has done much more wit his supporting cast than others have wit their respective cast in the postseason. maybe d wade has been more productive per game avg but i doubt it. lebron also has an excellent record postseason. he obviously hasn't won the big one yet and that is his only major blemish which knocks him down quite a few pegs. but at 26yo i am not about to write him off as one of the alltime busts. hell i am eight years his senior and i know the kid is in afine organization surrounded by winners and that he will improve in his mentality first and foremost then the potential for champioships will follow. it does not happen overnight. give him time but give him credit. there is a reason he is the most followed nba baller

Im a heat fan and I f**king hate LBJ. Its beyond me how this guy can avg. 25-28 ppg. He was the worst jump shot, cant shoot the three, and has a weak ass post game, no wait NO post game. Id trade LBJ for Howard and Nelson in a second
Talk to me when LeBron wins 6 championships
Originally posted by FreddyG:
lebron ain't but 26yo and i know he has been in the league eight yrs but he nor dwight have hit their respective primes yet. lebron has more room to improve than dwight. dwight is hands down the best center as lebron is the best small forward. it is very close as to which player is better but if i had to choose one unlike phil jackson i choose lebron. as an owner i choose lebron because he is the lightning rod that generates the most interest thus the most revenue. as good as d12 is he ain't the draw that lebron is. the thing about a wing player of lebron's caliber is that he can take the ball coast to coast and create his own shot or find others one. Also, lebron has effectively guarded all five positions on the court for the heat this season and played offensively all four of the smaller spots. this guy is the most versatile superstar in this league. his max potential isn't even reached yet. now i ain't saying that d12 won't surpass him as a player or hasn't yet cuz i ain't on the nba hardwood but he simply does more things to help a team win than d12. check cle sub twenty win season this yr as opposed to their 60 plus win seasons under lbj. lebron if i am riley is untouchable because the heat training staff is one of the league's finest and they will have lebron mentally physically and technically sound for these upcoming seasons. keep watching and the story will tell itself

Also, my thing on LBJ is I think he may be the only player in NBA history that could have won 127 games over those last 2 years with Cleveland. I don't think there's anyone else that you could have replaced him with that would have won that many games or won 3 playoff rounds (with a postseason record of 16-9 in '09 and '10) in the 2 years. Not to say he's better than Michael, but I don't think even with Michael that squad wins 127. He only topped 66 wins twice and those were both with FAAAAAR more talented squads (plus Phil instead of Mike Brown). Whenever anyone criticizes him, this is really all I need to mention and there's not really a logical rebuttal that anyone can have. In every single one of his years with Cleveland, he took them further than what should have been reasonably expected. That's why the absolute most retarded thing anyone could ever do is criticize him for not winning a ring there. It's like someone spinning straw into gold and then someone else complaining that it's not ENOUGH gold. Completely irrational.

so true man i definitely can not think of another player to put in lebron's shoes in cleveland to win much more than forty five games and that would be pushing it

congrats 2 him then, being the reg season beast, at the end of the day nobody gives a s**t about 66 wins or 62 or 56, its what u did in the playoffs, u think steve nash gives a s**t about phx's multiple 60 wins seasons?

wow, that is true but last i checked lebron's postseason production compares very favorably to other heralded postseason performers this last decade. One could say that lebron has done much more wit his supporting cast than others have wit their respective cast in the postseason. maybe d wade has been more productive per game avg but i doubt it. lebron also has an excellent record postseason. he obviously hasn't won the big one yet and that is his only major blemish which knocks him down quite a few pegs. but at 26yo i am not about to write him off as one of the alltime busts. hell i am eight years his senior and i know the kid is in afine organization surrounded by winners and that he will improve in his mentality first and foremost then the potential for champioships will follow. it does not happen overnight. give him time but give him credit. there is a reason he is the most followed nba baller

Im a heat fan and I f**king hate LBJ. Its beyond me how this guy can avg. 25-28 ppg. He was the worst jump shot, cant shoot the three, and has a weak ass post game, no wait NO post game. Id trade LBJ for Howard and Nelson in a second

I don't know either but it seems neither i nor u are on the nba hardwood but it seems over his eight yr career that is his average so it ain't a fluke. as to his jumper 3pt and post game i say that it aint the prettiest but statistically in all three categories he has been very effective as compared to other nba wing players in today's game. as to how he is so effective u might refer that question to a guy by the name of robert horry or some other nba players and coaches. their answer would b and i quote horry "his strength". he said that of jordan and now of lebron. there is a physical component to this game and this is where he excels. like shaq, his physicality alone gives him a chance to b a special nba player. now the trade for d12 and nelson would make a lot of sense from a championship winning standpoint but how many owners wan't to trade away the prettiest girl at the dance
Originally posted by valrod33:

Maybe he will. Jordan had ZERO Championships at the same age BTW. Just sayin...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

but one after being in the NBA for 8yrs

[ Edited by FreddyG on Jun 26, 2011 at 21:09:42 ]

So...if you subbed out LBJ for anyone else in NBA history, you think those Cavs squads win 127 games in 2 years?

So...if you subbed out LBJ for anyone else in NBA history, you think those Cavs squads win 127 games in 2 years?

I dont wanna talk about LBJ right now it will just piss me off. I'd take 90 wins and one NBA tittle.

I dont wanna talk about LBJ right now it will just piss me off. I'd take 90 wins and one NBA tittle.

Unfortunately you don't win NBA titles surrounded by Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Andy Varejao, Antawn Jamison, Jawad Williams, Big Z, and if you wanna go further back, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, David Wesley, and Scot Pollard. Sorry, but you just don't. I don't care if you're Michael, I don't care if you're Russell, I don't care if you're freakin Jesus. In fact, I would say arguably the most impressive feat in NBA history could be having won the conference with these goof troops:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270531008
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

but one after being in the NBA for 8yrs

At 26 Jordan had ZERO Championships. Bottom line...
The revisionist history just cracks me up.

Very few people thought Orlando would beat Cleveland in '09. Very few people thought Boston would beat Cleveland in '10. Very few people thought Dallas would beat Miami in '11. Yet looking back on it, some would have you believe that it was inconceivable for those teams to go any further than they did. It's amazing how the story has changed. I can't be the only person that remembers this. Some of you are completely full of s**t.

The "almost singlehandedly carried his team to 127 wins in 2 seasons" argument is even funnier, considering those Cleveland teams won more games than Miami did this year. So we're either forced to conclude that either...

A) Cleveland's supporting cast was better than Miami's.

B) Maybe regular season wins aren't the best metric.

By this logic, San Antonio had an incredible year this year.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 27, 2011 at 07:40:53 ]

I, for one, am trading Lebron for D12 in a heartbeat. You'd be silly not to.
Originally posted by Jigga:

Long term you're better off building around Lebron. Wade's an aging player. You're window is alot smaller than it is with Lebron.

If we're playing fantasy GM here I'd trade Bosh and Wade for Howard and role players before I'd trade Lebron for Howard. That trade favors Orlando too. You insert Lebron into Orlando and you have the same situation you have with Howard, and the same situation with Lebron and the Cavs. An unhappy Lebron surrounded with a bunch of overpriced garbage. With Wade and Bosh you get 2 players to build around and you remove 1 or 2 of your bad contracts.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 27, 2011 at 10:37:16 ]

Absolutely, and it isn't about LBJ being better than D12, or vice versa. It's quite simple. D12 would fit better on this Miami roster than does LeBron.
i would trade Kobe in his prime for Howard
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Long term you're better off building around Lebron. Wade's an aging player. You're window is alot smaller than it is with Lebron.

If we're playing fantasy GM here I'd trade Bosh and Wade for Howard and role players before I'd trade Lebron for Howard. That trade favors Orlando too. You insert Lebron into Orlando and you have the same situation you have with Howard, and the same situation with Lebron and the Cavs. An unhappy Lebron surrounded with a bunch of overpriced garbage. With Wade and Bosh you get 2 players to build around and you remove 1 or 2 of your bad contracts.

I don't understand why the championship window with a 27 year old LeBron & and a 30 year old Wade is wider than a 26 year old Howard with a 30 year old Wade.

You're not building around Wade long term, you're building around Howard. He's the best defensive player in the league regardless of position, one of the 2-3 best rebounders, and now one of the 5-7 best post up options. You're not sacrificing talent, it's a MUCH better fit, and Howard's a year younger.
Share 49ersWebzone