There are 204 users in the forums

The Official Miami Heat Bandwagon Thread

Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, the Heat suck for a team that was never a team before and have one of the best records in the NBA.

[sarcastic]

I agree. They look pretty good. I don't think they have anything to apologize for. They may get the #2 seed and the Celtics look like they are declining. So I think they have as good a chance as anybody coming from the East.
Hahaaa

Lebron World Order!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Miami can hold onto the 2nd seed, that could be huge. Just don't f**k up against Atlanta and Toronto...!

I'm starting to believe it's possible they go a long way. The Celtics look old and declining. If not the Celtics beating them in the east then who?

Chicago looks good. Actually, I'm pretty excited about the match-up with Celts in the 2nd round with home-court with Miami. The Perkins trade was huge, it gave Miami a favorable match-ups at almost every position except PG.

I still think Chicago is too young, and will falter in playoffs, but they do have the home court in the East and have the size inside to beat Miami. But, I really like the match-ups at SG and SF against Chicago and I think Wade will be the key defender when going up against Rondo and possibly Rose.

At this point, I wished Miami had an impact defender instead of Mike Miller at SF/SG position. But, we will see - anything can happen in the playoffs, but I feel much better about the Heat than I did back in Febuary.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 11, 2011 at 8:48 AM ]
If Miami can hold onto the 2nd seed, that could be huge. Just don't f**k up against Atlanta and Toronto...!

I'm starting to believe it's possible they go a long way. The Celtics look old and declining. If not the Celtics beating them in the east then who?

Chicago looks good. Actually, I'm pretty excited about the match-up with Celts in the 2nd round with home-court with Miami. The Perkins trade was huge, it gave Miami a favorable match-ups at almost every position except PG.

I still think Chicago is too young, and will falter in playoffs, but they do have the home court in the East and have the size inside to beat Miami. But, I really like the match-ups at SG and SF against Miami and I think Wade will be the key defender when going up against Rondo and possibly Rose.

At this point, I wished Miami had an impact defender instead of Mike Miller at SF/SG position. But, we will see - anything can happen in the playoffs, but I feel much better about the Heat than I did back in Febuary.

Wade is the anchor for the Heat. He will be able to almost shut down the opposition's scorer. Factor this into the Heat having more than one guys for the opposition to shut down and it is advantage Heat.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I still think Chicago is too young, and will falter in playoffs, but they do have the home court in the East and have the size inside to beat Miami. But, I really like the match-ups at SG and SF against Miami and I think Wade will be the key defender when going up against Rondo and possibly Rose.

Wade is the anchor for the Heat. He will be able to almost shut down the opposition's scorer. Factor this into the Heat having more than one guys for the opposition to shut down and it is advantage Heat.

Yea, the great thing about both Lebron and Wade is - they both are good defenders, Wade being one of the best in NBA right now at his position. It gives Miami huge flexibility on who to guard. Of course, on offense they are a mismatch against everyone in the league.

Problem comes from not able to defend the paint. Recently they have done a better job. They have been able to rebound well, and if they want to win in playoffs, they will have to continue to do that against good teams.

I'm excited, though I still believe they are a year away...till they get another big man or two.

Yea, the great thing about both Lebron and Wade is - they both are good defenders, Wade being one of the best in NBA right now at his position. It gives Miami huge flexibility on who to guard. Of course, on offense they are a mismatch against everyone in the league.

Problem comes from not able to defend the paint. Recently they have done a better job. They have been able to rebound well, and if they want to win in playoffs, they will have to continue to do that against good teams.

I'm excited, though I still believe they are a year away...till they get another big man or two.

Llgauskus disrupts a lot of shots and they are fine if he's in. I also think Mike Bibby was a perfect fit. They need a guy who's not afraid to shoot and can hit the shot.

I don't think their problem's on defense, personally...they're a very good defensive team that rotates faster than anyone in the league. I think their problem is more on the offensive end.

Their biggest issue on defense IMO has been their susceptibility to quick PGs, so I'm curious to see how they do against either Rose or Rondo in a 7 game series.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I don't think their problem's on defense, personally...they're a very good defensive team that rotates faster than anyone in the league. I think their problem is more on the offensive end.

Their biggest issue on defense IMO has been their susceptibility to quick PGs, so I'm curious to see how they do against either Rose or Rondo in a 7 game series.

I agree, but when they play well on defense and rebound the ball - their offense is lethal. Of course, it helps every team's offense when it rebound well, but in Heat's case - that's especially true since their half-court offense is pretty average.

Rose and Rondo will pose problems, but I hope to see Wade guarding them more often than not. Chamlers D is useless against quick PGs and Bibby's defense is
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
No. 2 seed in the East...
No. 2 seed in the East...

Boston benched Rondo, Allen, KG, & Pierce yesterday, basically guaranteeing HCA for both Miami and the Lakers if the Celtics were to play them in a 7 game series.

Damn! MIA is the only home team to win Game 1 in the Semis.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Damn! MIA is the only home team to win Game 1 in the Semis.

...and they are probably playing against the best team. I think Miami has looked terrific in the playoffs so far. Anyway, gotta win game 2. Celtics are going to be tough to beat on the road.
So far, Miami and Dallas have looked the best in these playoffs although, Dallas has had the toughest road IMO.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
this is going to be a great series to watch coming up. I cant wait to watch the heat go down in blazing fashion

get it "blazing" hehe

but seriously GO BULLS!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
So far, Miami and Dallas have looked the best in these playoffs although, Dallas has had the toughest road IMO.

Miami and Dallas is the most likely match-up right now. I still believe it will be OKC vs. Miami but if Memphis can pull out a victory against OKC - that will be simply amazing.
Share 49ersWebzone