hahahahahaha



There are 520 users in the forums



Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They shouldn't be losing to teams like this , at this time of year. I guess it is the Lakers until proven otherwise
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They shouldn't be losing to teams like this , at this time of year. I guess it is the Lakers until proven otherwise
The Lakers are the back to back champs and NOW it's the Lakers until proven otherwise?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They shouldn't be losing to teams like this , at this time of year. I guess it is the Lakers until proven otherwise
The Lakers are the back to back champs and NOW it's the Lakers until proven otherwise?
It was always the Lakers until proven otherwise. I know the Lakers are coasting until the playoffs. But as a Lakers hater, there is nothing consistent to full fill my hope of them losing this year. The Heat were supposed to be the over night answer, and no one would bet right now that is gonna happen.
Props due
Originally posted by Jigga:Originally posted by blizzuntz:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They shouldn't be losing to teams like this , at this time of year. I guess it is the Lakers until proven otherwise
The Lakers are the back to back champs and NOW it's the Lakers until proven otherwise?
It was always the Lakers until proven otherwise. I know the Lakers are coasting until the playoffs. But as a Lakers hater, there is nothing consistent to full fill my hope of them losing this year. The Heat were supposed to be the over night answer, and no one would bet right now that is gonna happen.
Props due
Damn, I totally agree with this sentiment. It's really gonna suck to see the Lakers cruise through the WC and into the finals...only to hand a vicious beatdown to whatever the EC has to offer.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:Originally posted by Jigga:Originally posted by blizzuntz:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They shouldn't be losing to teams like this , at this time of year. I guess it is the Lakers until proven otherwise
The Lakers are the back to back champs and NOW it's the Lakers until proven otherwise?
It was always the Lakers until proven otherwise. I know the Lakers are coasting until the playoffs. But as a Lakers hater, there is nothing consistent to full fill my hope of them losing this year. The Heat were supposed to be the over night answer, and no one would bet right now that is gonna happen.
Props due
Damn, I totally agree with this sentiment. It's really gonna suck to see the Lakers cruise through the WC and into the finals...only to hand a vicious beatdown to whatever the EC has to offer.
The playoffs is a completely different season. But keep whispering those sweet nothings in my ear.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:Originally posted by Jigga:Originally posted by blizzuntz:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They shouldn't be losing to teams like this , at this time of year. I guess it is the Lakers until proven otherwise
The Lakers are the back to back champs and NOW it's the Lakers until proven otherwise?
It was always the Lakers until proven otherwise. I know the Lakers are coasting until the playoffs. But as a Lakers hater, there is nothing consistent to full fill my hope of them losing this year. The Heat were supposed to be the over night answer, and no one would bet right now that is gonna happen.
Props due
Damn, I totally agree with this sentiment. It's really gonna suck to see the Lakers cruise through the WC and into the finals...only to hand a vicious beatdown to whatever the EC has to offer.
The playoffs is a completely different season. But keep whispering those sweet nothings in my ear.
Exactly. I still view Boston as a threat, and I'd view Miami the same way if I thought they could get past both the Celtics & Bulls.
Originally posted by Jigga:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:Originally posted by Jigga:Originally posted by blizzuntz:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They shouldn't be losing to teams like this , at this time of year. I guess it is the Lakers until proven otherwise
The Lakers are the back to back champs and NOW it's the Lakers until proven otherwise?
It was always the Lakers until proven otherwise. I know the Lakers are coasting until the playoffs. But as a Lakers hater, there is nothing consistent to full fill my hope of them losing this year. The Heat were supposed to be the over night answer, and no one would bet right now that is gonna happen.
Props due
Damn, I totally agree with this sentiment. It's really gonna suck to see the Lakers cruise through the WC and into the finals...only to hand a vicious beatdown to whatever the EC has to offer.
The playoffs is a completely different season. But keep whispering those sweet nothings in my ear.
Exactly. I still view Boston as a threat, and I'd view Miami the same way if I thought they could get past both the Celtics & Bulls.
How much of a threat? I've counted them out from the time that the Perkins' deal took place. Adding the fact that they've played some inconsistent ball over the past 3 weeks...not really digging what the Celtics have going on right now. A series vs LA right now is a 5-gamer.
Miami would be an intriguing Finals opponent if Haslem can somehow return and provide something.
It'll be fun to watch the EC go at it...but it's becoming more and more apparent, they have nothing for LA.
Originally posted by Jigga:
How much of a threat? I've counted them out from the time that the Perkins' deal took place. Adding the fact that they've played some inconsistent ball over the past 3 weeks...not really digging what the Celtics have going on right now. A series vs LA right now is a 5-gamer.
Miami would be an intriguing Finals opponent if Haslem can somehow return and provide something.
It'll be fun to watch the EC go at it...but it's becoming more and more apparent, they have nothing for LA.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by Jigga:
How much of a threat? I've counted them out from the time that the Perkins' deal took place. Adding the fact that they've played some inconsistent ball over the past 3 weeks...not really digging what the Celtics have going on right now. A series vs LA right now is a 5-gamer.
Miami would be an intriguing Finals opponent if Haslem can somehow return and provide something.
It'll be fun to watch the EC go at it...but it's becoming more and more apparent, they have nothing for LA.
If Shaq is healthy, I view them as a serious threat. Bynum makes a lot of "I'm a lot bigger than you" plays, and he's always struggled with Shaq because he can't do that against him. That being said, Bynum's playing a different sort of game right now, more predicated on defending the paint and grabbing rebounds. If Bynum's playing this way in the Finals, assuming both teams get there, this conversation is moot because the Lakers are clearly the best team in the league. But that's 2 1/2 months away.
The huge advantage that the Lakers & Celtics have is cohesion. The only team that can match it is the Spurs. And IMO, that's one of the most common threads amongst championship teams. More cohesive teams usually beat more talented ones, which is why I think Boston is still so dangerous, and why I don't think Miami will get past both Boston & Chicago. Even when Miami's playing well, I don't watch them and say, "damn...that's a good team." I say, "damn, those are some talented dudes." Chicago is a much more cohesive team, even though this is their first year of serious contention.
So ultimately, the teams that have shown a level of cohesion are the teams that I'm afraid of. It sure does make the Perkins trade perplexing though. Is that cohesion gone? It's a fair question, but I'm guessing that it isn't. Too many vets that have gone through too many wars.
EDIT: And regarding Miami, I think they're actually very cohesive on the defensive end. It's on offense where they struggle in this regard.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I have to agree with pretty much everything you said, except you know there is one team (I believe) you are leaving out - which is also a very cohesive group.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I have to agree with pretty much everything you said, except you know there is one team (I believe) you are leaving out - which is also a very cohesive group.
I know you like OKC, but I just don't think they have the requisite offense in the half court. And Perkins struggles with Bynum when Bynum's not playing on one leg. Perk's a great man defender, and Bynum would have difficulty scoring on him, but he has a hard time keeping Bynum off of the boards.
We'll see. I like OKC, but I think they have a similar problem to Miami...no one that can score in the post. The Lakers have 3 guys that can do that. You know exactly where OKC'/Miami's attack is coming from every single time.