There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Le Tour 2010

Originally posted by BigRon:
Cavendish quit today. When he got passed, he gave up. What a loser. He is only interested in winning the sprints not taking part of the GC.

As for Lance being out of it. Lets wait until the Alps are over this weekend. See where he stands. He can easily make up the 2 mins on the field. It will actually be harder to make up the .50 seconds on Contador than make up the 2 minutes on the field.

I think Lance is still capable of a top 10 finish despite a rough day on the cobbles yesterday. Making the podium might be difficult for him though.
Cav back to form today, nice sprint finish
Originally posted by redrose49er:

Finally.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by 190836:
I don't know how he is going to makeup for the lost time. Schleck is clearly on the driving seat now.

Schleck won't have his brother helping him in the mountains and he's likely to lose time in the only time trial. Contador should have Vino to help him and is a much better time trialer. I'll throw Evans in as a possible contender, too. Mountain stages this weekend!

You have a good point on Frank Schleck being out of the competition, but I wonder if team Astana is good enough to get Contador over the top. I know he is the best climber in the world, but is Astana disciplined and organized enough? Now, I go up Diablo and act like I know what I am doing.
Originally posted by 190836:
Now, I go up Diablo and act like I know what I am doing.

Follow Bobke's advice: wear your Road ID and carry a bazooka. Ride On!

And again

And again

Another perfect final leadout from Mark Renshaw. The Manx Missile is back.
Andy Kloden's hotel room! This is a joke.
http://yfrog.com/hqewszj
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

And again

Another perfect final leadout from Mark Renshaw. The Manx Missile is back.

Renshaw has been outstanding over the past two days, he was really motoring today. Strange role really, all that work for someone else to get the glory, true teamwork. Really pleased Cav is back to form.
Fight! Carlos Barredo goes on the offensive swinging a front wheel. video
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Jul 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM ]
Lance needs to take a shot Landis' whiskey.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Great stage today.
Schleck looked very strong today, Armstrong finished??
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Schleck looked very strong today, Armstrong finished??

yeah, 10 minutes behind. 2 crashes. Armstrong's worst ride of his career. It is amazing that he did as well as he did. The only way for him to win is to attacked every day now and that isn't going to happen. Ever since the Tour went to assigning the same time for a group of riders that are bunched together and not awarding points for how they finished the attacks from the leaders have grown less and less. Look at Contador. He only attacks when he is in the lead, otherwise he sits in the group.
Sad day for a great champion.