There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Le Tour 2010

Le Tour

World's biggest annual sporting event got underway yesterday, usual show of strength from Cancellara to win the prologue. Hoping Cavendish can pick up the stage win today. Can't see beyond Contador for overall GC.
this thread is uber hyphy
Lance had a pretty good Prologue stage. Better than Cantador.
Nice demolition derby finish to Stage 1. Who put such a sharp right hand turn so late in today's course?
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Nice demolition derby finish to Stage 1. Who put such a sharp right hand turn so late in today's course?

Real shame as it ruined the sprint, todat a little more lump so maybe a few breakaways.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Amazing crashes yesterday and today. Wow. But Cancellara really stepped up to the plate today with holding the Peleton together. Talk about leadership.
More crashes are likely on the cobbles tomorrow.
I think its over for Lance now. He is two min behind Andy Schleck and and a min behind Contador.
Yesterday's untimely flat tire may have been the start of his undoing this time. I believe that Lance never suffered a flat during his 7 Tour wins.
I don't know how he is going to makeup for the lost time. Schleck is clearly on the driving seat now.
Originally posted by 190836:
I don't know how he is going to makeup for the lost time. Schleck is clearly on the driving seat now.

Schleck won't have his brother helping him in the mountains and he's likely to lose time in the only time trial. Contador should have Vino to help him and is a much better time trialer. I'll throw Evans in as a possible contender, too. Mountain stages this weekend!
Thought Cavendish had it today
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by 190836:

Schleck won't have his brother helping him in the mountains and he's likely to lose time in the only time trial. Contador should have Vino to help him and is a much better time trialer. I'll throw Evans in as a possible contender, too. Mountain stages this weekend!

Contador is in good position to repeat. Still hoping for Lance, but odds are slim, obviously.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Cavendish quit today. When he got passed, he gave up. What a loser. He is only interested in winning the sprints not taking part of the GC.

As for Lance being out of it. Lets wait until the Alps are over this weekend. See where he stands. He can easily make up the 2 mins on the field. It will actually be harder to make up the .50 seconds on Contador than make up the 2 minutes on the field.
Man, he's in France too?!?!