LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 178 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 10/11

Olé, Olé Olé Olé!!!!! Olé!!! OLÉ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, how does IbraLover11 work for you 1251alex?

VIVA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

yeah alright. haha. congrats.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

, I gotta give props to Juve for staying tough until the end, especally Krasic playing all 94mins
Originally posted by 1251alex:

, I gotta give props to Juve for staying tough until the end, especally Krasic playing all 94mins

yeah thanks man. hopefully they fire delneri soon. I'll make the handle no later than monday.
I wish silky was still here. haha. My team is beating Toluca 6-1 with 20 minutes left. ahahahaha! wooop!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Liverpool dominated ManU today...

Barca vs. Arsenal in 2 days. Prediction 2-0 Barca!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Barca vs. Arsenal in 2 days. Prediction 3-0 Barca!

Fixed
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Barca vs. Arsenal in 2 days. Prediction 3-0 Barca!

Fixed

I can't f**king wait. I expect the crowd to be nuts. Barca hasn't played to their level recently...but that will change on Tuesday. They have been lookin' forward to this game for a while now.

Originally posted by redrose49er:

Worst Match: Marseille vs ManU
Why:ManU had clearly ran circles around everyone during Group Stage, shown dominance in the EPL all year, yet someone looked dazed and confused for all 90min...only person who looked like they were trying was Nani. Not only should ManU have won 3-0, they made themselves look like they didn't care.

Sorry, they haven't dominated the Premier League, despite going unbeaten until a couple of weeks ago. They've dropped a lot of points from strong positions away from home and have looked very out of sorts in several games this season. Only the poor form of Chelsea, Arsenal dropping easy points at home and inconsistency from Man City has kept them at the top. They are still a top team but certainly not a dominant one.

Up to this point, how can you say they haven't? They were undefeated for over 20 games in EPL, not FA Cup, or Carling Cup, but EPL!!!

Sure, Arsenal has now figured out how to have their talent work together, Chelsea has found a key spark in Torres, and Tottenham just seems to find ways to win big games (though lose ridiculous games...Blackpool? REALLY?), so they might lose their tight grip on top (granted it's a 1-pt lead, but they've played one less game and Tottenham will be tearing up Arsenal next match) and the injuries will probably effect their chances of holding the top spot in the end, but there's no justifiable argument saying they haven't dominated if it took them over 20 games to record a loss and always stayed within top 2 teams in wins

Like I said earlier, Man Utd are NOT a dominant team, dominant teams do not lose 3 league games out of 5, picking up just 6 points from a possible 15. Good, but not dominant.

Why:ManU had clearly ran circles around everyone during Group Stage, shown dominance in the EPL all year, yet someone looked dazed and confused for all 90min...only person who looked like they were trying was Nani. Not only should ManU have won 3-0, they made themselves look like they didn't care.

Sorry, they haven't dominated the Premier League, despite going unbeaten until a couple of weeks ago. They've dropped a lot of points from strong positions away from home and have looked very out of sorts in several games this season. Only the poor form of Chelsea, Arsenal dropping easy points at home and inconsistency from Man City has kept them at the top. They are still a top team but certainly not a dominant one.

Up to this point, how can you say they haven't? They were undefeated for over 20 games in EPL, not FA Cup, or Carling Cup, but EPL!!!

Sure, Arsenal has now figured out how to have their talent work together, Chelsea has found a key spark in Torres, and Tottenham just seems to find ways to win big games (though lose ridiculous games...Blackpool? REALLY?), so they might lose their tight grip on top (granted it's a 1-pt lead, but they've played one less game and Tottenham will be tearing up Arsenal next match) and the injuries will probably effect their chances of holding the top spot in the end, but there's no justifiable argument saying they haven't dominated if it took them over 20 games to record a loss and always stayed within top 2 teams in wins

Like I said earlier, Man Utd are NOT a dominant team, dominant teams do not lose 3 league games out of 5, picking up just 6 points from a possible 15. Good, but not dominant.

You do know they just lost another defender right? Also, if you actually read my post, I said they've shown to be dominant, which the first half of the season, they were, but now the injury bug has caught up to them and both Arsenal and Chelsea have acquired key pieces to up their play...part of the game

But I don't know how going undefeated in EPL doesn't put a team as dominant for the first half ?

Oh, and FYI, I'm a Tottenham fan so it kills me to give ManU, Chelsea, and especially Arsenal any props, but that undefeated streak was over all the top teams as well
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You do know they just lost another defender right? Also, if you actually read my post, I said they've shown to be dominant, which the first half of the season, they were, but now the injury bug has caught up to them and both Arsenal and Chelsea have acquired key pieces to up their play...part of the game

But I don't know how going undefeated in EPL doesn't put a team as dominant for the first half ?

Oh, and FYI, I'm a Tottenham fan so it kills me to give ManU, Chelsea, and especially Arsenal any props, but that undefeated streak was over all the top teams as well

I agree. ManU had an amazing first half and that was mostly without their best scorer. They have had several injuries recently, and their mid-field is showing it's age. Also, Vidic was suspended for the game against Liverpool.

Anyway, this is less about ManU. Liverpool looks really good right now, and they've made 2 excellent moves. Saurez showed amazing skills in that first goal, and I can't wait to see Saurez and Caroll start together. Liverpool have some key young players who they can build around, and I really think if a good summer or two, they can be a real contender for years to come.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
ALSO - BARCA vs. ARSENAL TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
C'mon Barca!!!
Share 49ersWebzone