LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 350 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 10/11

ugh, so-called best goalie in the world
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Still can't believe Inter came back...what am amazing game. Good to see though, don't want to watch Barca dominate average teams. Want to see the best teams play against each other.

I want Inter in the QFs, please - make it happen.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Still can't believe Inter came back...what am amazing game. Good to see though, don't want to watch Barca dominate average teams. Want to see the best teams play against each other.

Totally amazing game! Couldn't stop watching (though I would've enjoyed an Inter loss), but Inter came to play in the 2nd half. Overall I thought Bayern was a better overall team, but it's always better to be luck than good
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Totally amazing game! Couldn't stop watching (though I would've enjoyed an Inter loss), but Inter came to play in the 2nd half. Overall I thought Bayern was a better overall team, but it's always better to be luck than good

But, I personally think - that Barca will have a tougher time beating Inter than Bayern, or maybe I just want me some revenge - which is clouding my judgment.

ManU game was pretty good too, but I won't lie - I was watching the Inter game. Couldn't even switch it to the other game.

But, I personally think - that Barca will have a tougher time beating Inter than Bayern, or maybe I just want me some revenge - which is clouding my judgment.

ManU game was pretty good too, but I won't lie - I was watching the Inter game. Couldn't even switch it to the other game.

I was switching in the first half, but stayed mostly on the Bayern-Inter match in the 2nd half...

As long as Inter doesn't win Champions League again I'm good, but seeing Eto'o vs Messi will be great to watch as well
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I was switching in the first half, but stayed mostly on the Bayern-Inter match in the 2nd half...

As long as Inter doesn't win Champions League again I'm good, but seeing Eto'o vs Messi will be great to watch as well

You have no idea how much it hurts me to see Eto playin' for Inter. Well, maybe you do. But, if I have to criticize Pep - it will be his trading of Eto and signing Ibra. If we had Eto - we'd won CL last year as well.

Inter is not winning CL this year. I think Barca is the favorite, and I will say ManU and Chelsea are other teams that can win this thing.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Eto is playing out of his mind right now. There is on form, then there is out of this world. Can't believe Inter came back.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Eto is playing out of his mind right now. There is on form, then there is out of this world. Can't believe Inter came back.

I think you're posting from your phone.

You have no idea how much it hurts me to see Eto playin' for Inter. Well, maybe you do. But, if I have to criticize Pep - it will be his trading of Eto and signing Ibra. If we had Eto - we'd won CL last year as well.

Inter is not winning CL this year. I think Barca is the favorite, and I will say ManU and Chelsea are other teams that can win this thing.

I agree, the pairing of Eto'o and Messi would be disgusting now (though it was before as well), but the Ibra signing did get Barça some titles, like I'd hoped for Milan

I think that Schlake 04 is a true dark horse with that Brazilian offense front. With ManU, if ManU can keep up the tempo upfront with Chicarito, Nani, and Rooney then they'll have no prob even though their defensive backfield if running thin with Rio and Vidic out. As for Chelsea, they need to find a way to get Torres and Drogba involved and working together. Sure, they're killing Copanhagen, but if they face a team like Barça, Real, Lyon, ManU, or even Schalke 04, if they don't have a stronger 1-2 punch at the forward position they'll fold like a deck of cards.

I hope Barça faces Chelsea next b/c Tottenham has nothing to lose, ManU will drain them for the semis, Real would be a sweet semis match, and I'm scared of Schalke 04 after their destruction of their group stage and beat down of AS Roma. Also Barça's style matches well against Chelsea (not to mention a Spanish team beating Torres would be too awesome)

As for knowing the pain of Eto'o, I was watching last year and having to watch him get within 3 points of Milan this year for Serie A, so yes, I DO know, lol!!!

Also, does anyone have a livestream of Lyon-Real for today? Stuck at work through my lunch break so can't go to the bar
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:

I think you're posting from your phone.

I knew I shoulda typed that in also. But I got lazy send hit send anyways.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Ronaldo -

"We're through to the quarter-finals and we're all very happy, I would prefer to meet United or Raul in the next round but not Barca. I don't want to face Barca because they are the strongest team in the tournament. It's fine if we have to, as anything can happen in a knock-out tie."

Ahh...it feels great when Real Madrid's best player is scared of Barcelona!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
a1. CHELSEA vs. MAN U
a2. INTER vs. SCHALKE

b1. SPURS vs. REAL
b2. BARCA vs. SHAKTAR

Winner of a1 plays winner of a2 in Semis. Winner of b1 plays winner of b2 in semis.

Classico in Semis and I'll go with Chelsea vs. Inter in the other semis.
a1. CHELSEA vs. MAN U
a2. INTER vs. SCHALKE

b1. SPURS vs. REAL
b2. BARCA vs. SHAKTAR

Winner of a1 plays winner of a2 in Semis. Winner of b1 plays winner of b2 in semis.

Classico in Semis and I'll go with Chelsea vs. Inter in the other semis.

• NickV
  • Veteran
PSV will feel the Inferno Da Luz next!!

Oohhh Sport Lisboa, e Benfica O Campeao!!!
Mostra a tua Raca o Querer e Ambicao
Иos so queremos o Benfica Campeao!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bale signs a new deal with Spurs - till 2015.

Spurs lack a genuine forward to pair with Defoe, and I expect them to land one this summer. They will be damn good once they do. If I'm them - I go after Fernando Llorente as my starter, and Bojan as my backup for next season. Spend the money they are making in CL this season wisely.
Share 49ersWebzone