NBA Finals Boston vs Lakers

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Having to sit through all this JC nonsense is like when you're at a public place and some kid is screaming and being an annoying little brat, but you can't really hit him or tell him to shut up, so you just have to sit and suffer through the torture.

Coming from the guy who ignores analytical posts and only replies non-pictures to the posts people make just for gits and shiggles.

Coming from a guy that thinks rambling nonsense with no factual legitimacy is an analytical post, I stand by my initial statement.

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

I still don't get why half the time you embrace your lunacy, and the other half you act like you are offended. You try so hard to "educate" everyone around here. FYI, we dont need your help.

That's the way sports is. You do the best at having normal conversations about what happened in the game and why it happened while respecting different opinions rather than taking the analytical (right or wrong) personal or making a personal comment towards that person just because he says something different than what you agree with.

And the other aspect of it is just good ole "lunacy" smack talking to fans of other teams. This is the aspect of sports that some can handle and some can't. In no way have I ever been flustered at anyone who talks smack about my team. I will talk smack back about their team but don't get into it about their character because it's...well...good ole smack talking.

Maybe sports fans take things too personal these days.

That still doesn't explain why half the time you embrace the lunacy, and the other half you act as if you have no idea why people question your ideas. I'm not mad at ya, I just don't get it.

And while we are on it, do you really think that everybody around here is crazy, and you're the one that knows what you're talking about, even though the general consensus is just the opposite?

Then you miss the times I reply by saying that's a good point you are correct when a valid point is made. However, when a valid point is made and cannot be disputed to some folks, most rarely want to admit they were wrong with their original comment and tend to do one of two things: ignore or point to the fact that the person proving them wrong isn't "credible". There's a whole lot of one way street in this forum and everyone can't always be right but only few admit when they are wrong.

You and I know that there's no point in debating this. We'll just keep posting our stuff and deal with hurt feelings* as they arise.

*In no way do I consider a fan crying about a member blasting their team as hurt feelings. Get over it. I usually apologize if I have made any unwarranted personal comment towards someone.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

2 more at home could make this thread an epic fail.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Having to sit through all this JC nonsense is like when you're at a public place and some kid is screaming and being an annoying little brat, but you can't really hit him or tell him to shut up, so you just have to sit and suffer through the torture.

Coming from the guy who ignores analytical posts and only replies non-pictures to the posts people make just for gits and shiggles.

Coming from a guy that thinks rambling nonsense with no factual legitimacy is an analytical post, I stand by my initial statement.

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

I still don't get why half the time you embrace your lunacy, and the other half you act like you are offended. You try so hard to "educate" everyone around here. FYI, we dont need your help.

That's the way sports is. You do the best at having normal conversations about what happened in the game and why it happened while respecting different opinions rather than taking the analytical (right or wrong) personal or making a personal comment towards that person just because he says something different than what you agree with.

And the other aspect of it is just good ole "lunacy" smack talking to fans of other teams. This is the aspect of sports that some can handle and some can't. In no way have I ever been flustered at anyone who talks smack about my team. I will talk smack back about their team but don't get into it about their character because it's...well...good ole smack talking.

That still doesn't explain why half the time you embrace the lunacy, and the other half you act as if you have no idea why people question your ideas. I'm not mad at ya, I just don't get it.

And while we are on it, do you really think that everybody around here is crazy, and you're the one that knows what you're talking about, even though the general consensus is just the opposite?

Then you miss the times I reply by saying that's a good point you are correct when a valid point is made. However, when a valid point is made and cannot be disputed to some folks, most rarely want to admit they were wrong with their original comment and tend to do one of two things: ignore or point to the fact that the person proving them wrong isn't "credible". There's a whole lot of one way street in this forum and everyone can't always be right but only few admit when they are wrong.

You and I know that there's no point in debating this. We'll just keep posting our stuff and deal with hurt feelings* as they arise.

*In no way do I consider a fan crying about a member blasting their team as hurt feelings. Get over it. I usually apologize if I have made any unwarranted personal comment towards someone.

I see my comments went completely over your head. If you think for one moment that your comments *hurt my feelings* or that I am upset because you post things that are contrary to my teams success, you are sadly mistaken. If there is a single person in this entire world that I couldn't care less what they say, it is you. Check that. Z is #1, you're #2. My point was to acknowledge that the nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Not to point out how I am emotionally hurt by your postings.

Again, like everything else, you are going in circles and changing your point at random. Don't be so self centered. I really don't care about your ramblings. It's just like listening to the screaming, crying child that annoys you.

I do wish, though, that you actually posted as much as you do about the Lakers for your OWN TEAM. Your infatuation with them is truly an indication of how you wish you could switch your allegiances and support them openly.

But whatevs. You know I love you. I just don't understand you.

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

I see my comments went completely over your head. If you think for one moment that your comments *hurt my feelings* or that I am upset because you post things that are contrary to my teams success, you are sadly mistaken. If there is a single person in this entire world that I couldn't care less what they say, it is you. Check that. Z is #1, you're #2. My point was to acknowledge that the nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Not to point out how I am emotionally hurt by your postings.

Again, like everything else, you are going in circles and changing your point at random. Don't be so self centered. I really don't care about your ramblings. It's just like listening to the screaming, crying child that annoys you.

I do wish, though, that you actually posted as much as you do about the Lakers for your OWN TEAM. Your infatuation with them is truly an indication of how you wish you could switch your allegiances and support them openly.

And me posting that "this thread will be delayed for 1 more game", you considered nonsense, but that's what sports is all about...talking smack. jrg can take it as well as dish it out which is why he knows how to handle it.

If it makes any sense, once my team is out, there's nothing else to talk about with them unless it involves a trade, draft pick, or something worth talking about. I'm also a fan of the sport and have teams or personalities I dislike no different than your favorite TV drama you may have. Therefore, wish to see Phil Jackson, NOT KOBE, lose more than anything...call me crazy for that...but nothing satisfies me more than 1. my team beating Phil or a rival 2. anyone else beating Phil.

I just wish Kobe was on another team or under a different coach so that he can get 7 championships. I actually began rooting for the Lakers a few years ago, but then Phil came back. Good thing he has a chance to lose 3 of his last 4 Finals he's coached.

As for the screaming, crying, child, that's the sports fan in me. If you have ever noticed, I rarely scream or cry after the fact, even if my team won. Even when the Lakers lose a series, rarely will I rub it in because it's done. I will try my best to analyze what happened and that's it. But before the fact, it's just fun to get all the crap talking in.

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

And me posting that "this thread will be delayed for 1 more game", you considered nonsense, but that's what sports is all about...talking smack. jrg can take it as well as dish it out which is why he knows how to handle it.

If it makes any sense, once my team is out, there's nothing else to talk about with them unless it involves a trade, draft pick, or something worth talking about. I'm also a fan of the sport and have teams or personalities I dislike no different than your favorite TV drama you may have. Therefore, wish to see Phil Jackson, NOT KOBE, lose more than anything...call me crazy for that...but nothing satisfies me more than 1. my team beating Phil or a rival 2. anyone else beating Phil.

I just wish Kobe was on another team or under a different coach so that he can get 7 championships. I actually began rooting for the Lakers a few years ago, but then Phil came back. Good thing he has a chance to lose 3 of his last 4 Finals he's coached.

As for the screaming, crying, child, that's the sports fan in me. If you have ever noticed, I rarely scream or cry after the fact, even if my team won. Even when the Lakers lose a series, rarely will I rub it in because it's done. I will try my best to analyze what happened and that's it. But before the fact, it's just fun to get all the crap talking in.

The bolded would make a lot more sense if you didn't post 10 times more about the Lakers than you did the spurs during the actual season/playoffs.

But like I said, you know I love you. I just don't understand you. And don't think I ever will. Well.........maybe if you just openly and officially inform us all that you're switching your allegiances to the Los Angeles Lakers, I'll start to get you.

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

The bolded would make a lot more sense if you didn't post 10 times more about the Lakers than you did the spurs during the actual season/playoffs.

But like I said, you know I love you. I just don't understand you. And don't think I ever will. Well.........maybe if you just openly and officially inform us all that you're switching your allegiances to the Los Angeles Lakers, I'll start to get you.

Must fire Phil and they could be my second team. Phil will probably move onto the next flavor and go where Lebron goes. He's the NBA equivalent Gold Digger.

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

Must fire Phil and they could be my second team. Phil will probably move onto the next flavor and go where Lebron goes. He's the NBA equivalent Gold Digger.

Nonsense. The Lakers are the most successful sports franchise in modern sports history. They are nobody's "2nd team". Your allegiance is 100%, or zero.

Nonsense. The Lakers are the most successful sports franchise in modern sports history. They are nobody's "2nd team". Your allegiance is 100%, or zero.

In that case:

The basketball threads today are giving me a headache.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

One day rest is too much time in between games, especially when it's the 4th game. I say double-headers: noon and evening!! Let them battle!

One day rest is too much time in between games, especially when it's the 4th game. I say double-headers: noon and evening!! Let them battle!

Why stop there? They should just "run it back" 10 minutes after the first game ends, and so on and so forth until a team wins 4 out of 7.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Why stop there? They should just "run it back" 10 minutes after the first game ends, and so on and so forth until a team wins 4 out of 7.

"run it back" haven't heard that in a long time. That would be hilarious! Kobe after Game 3: "Run it back! Screw this lucky ass s**t!"
Share 49ersWebzone