LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

NBA Finals Boston vs Lakers

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If this postseason has proven anything, it's that what happens in the previous series is completely irrelevant. Orlando just came off of a series where they beat Atlanta by the largest margin in NBA history. The same Atlanta team that swept the Celtics in the regular season.

The end result? Orlando goes from destroying the Hawks to getting destroyed by the Celtics. Phoenix just swept the Spurs, and are getting worked by a Laker team that didn't look great against OKC.

It's really ALL about matchups. It doesn't matter how hot the Lakers or the Celtics are right now. It isn't a harbinger of the next series. You can bet good money that the Celtics will not by holding our best player to 7 points in any game in the next series.

The major advantage 2010 Lakers have over their 2008 loser Lakers is that Kobe won't get torched by Pierce this time around. Pierce will be well-guarded by Ron Artest, which means don't expect Artest to be mentally into it offensively. He will be in Dennis Rodman mode as he was against OKC. This will really keep the Lakers offense slowed down as it was against OKC. The main problem for the Lakers is that Boston's offense no longer revolves around Pierce. Boston is geared around Rondo, for the most part, and is EXTREMELY balanced between all of the starters (we have all seen the double digits point average between the starters).

The Lakers entire offense is geared around Kobe/Gasol with Kobe being the guy who is forced to keep the Lakers close throughout the game. Boston has all of the matchups to hold off the Lakers at every single position but the Lakers absolutely cannot match Rando at any aspect and we all saw what happened with OKC and their PG being the focal point of their wins.

It's going to be interesting how Lakers handle this and it seems as though Lakers will be forced to make more adjustments than Boston will. Usually, the team that's required to make more adjustments plays a little more inconsistent because adjustments usually get figured out and don't always hold.

Eh, who knows, if Phoenix's bench even decides the enter the gates of the arena, then it may be a Suns/Celtics series, which opens a whole new set up matchups.

Kobe barely guarded Pierce at all in '08, lol.
If this postseason has proven anything, it's that what happens in the previous series is completely irrelevant. Orlando just came off of a series where they beat Atlanta by the largest margin in NBA history. The same Atlanta team that swept the Celtics in the regular season.

The end result? Orlando goes from destroying the Hawks to getting destroyed by the Celtics. Phoenix just swept the Spurs, and are getting worked by a Laker team that didn't look great against OKC.

It's really ALL about matchups. It doesn't matter how hot the Lakers or the Celtics are right now. It isn't a harbinger of the next series. You can bet good money that the Celtics will not by holding our best player to 7 points in any game in the next series.

The major advantage 2010 Lakers have over their 2008 loser Lakers is that Kobe won't get torched by Pierce this time around. Pierce will be well-guarded by Ron Artest, which means don't expect Artest to be mentally into it offensively. He will be in Dennis Rodman mode as he was against OKC. This will really keep the Lakers offense slowed down as it was against OKC. The main problem for the Lakers is that Boston's offense no longer revolves around Pierce. Boston is geared around Rondo, for the most part, and is EXTREMELY balanced between all of the starters (we have all seen the double digits point average between the starters).

The Lakers entire offense is geared around Kobe/Gasol with Kobe being the guy who is forced to keep the Lakers close throughout the game. Boston has all of the matchups to hold off the Lakers at every single position but the Lakers absolutely cannot match Rando at any aspect and we all saw what happened with OKC and their PG being the focal point of their wins.

It's going to be interesting how Lakers handle this and it seems as though Lakers will be forced to make more adjustments than Boston will. Usually, the team that's required to make more adjustments plays a little more inconsistent because adjustments usually get figured out and don't always hold.

Eh, who knows, if Phoenix's bench even decides the enter the gates of the arena, then it may be a Suns/Celtics series, which opens a whole new set up matchups.

He did when it counted and when they needed stops but even he wasn't able to stop Pierce in those 4th quarters. Kobe never REALLY guards anyone until the 4th quarter.
Not yet.

He did when it counted and when they needed stops but even he wasn't able to stop Pierce in those 4th quarters. Kobe never REALLY guards anyone until the 4th quarter.

Ok Spurs fan
Eastern Conf. winner will be delayed for one more game.
Having to sit through all this JC nonsense is like when you're at a public place and some kid is screaming and being an annoying little brat, but you can't really hit him or tell him to shut up, so you just have to sit and suffer through the torture.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Having to sit through all this JC nonsense is like when you're at a public place and some kid is screaming and being an annoying little brat, but you can't really hit him or tell him to shut up, so you just have to sit and suffer through the torture.

Coming from the guy who ignores analytical posts and only replies non-pictures to the posts people make just for gits and shiggles.

Coming from the guy who ignores analytical posts and only replies non-pictures to the posts people make just for gits and shiggles.

Coming from a guy that thinks rambling nonsense with no factual legitimacy is an analytical post, I stand by my initial statement.

Coming from a guy that thinks rambling nonsense with no factual legitimacy is an analytical post, I stand by my initial statement.

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

I still don't get why half the time you embrace your lunacy, and the other half you act like you are offended. You try so hard to "educate" everyone around here. FYI, we dont need your help.

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

I still don't get why half the time you embrace your lunacy, and the other half you act like you are offended. You try so hard to "educate" everyone around here. FYI, we dont need your help.

That's the way sports is. You do the best at having normal conversations about what happened in the game and why it happened while respecting different opinions rather than taking the analytical (right or wrong) personal or making a personal comment towards that person just because he says something different than what you agree with.

And the other aspect of it is just good ole "lunacy" smack talking to fans of other teams. This is the aspect of sports that some can handle and some can't. In no way have I ever been flustered at anyone who talks smack about my team. I will talk smack back about their team but don't get into it about their character because it's...well...good ole smack talking.

Maybe sports fans take things too personal these days.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

That's the way sports is. You do the best at having normal conversations about what happened in the game and why it happened while respecting different opinions rather than taking the analytical (right or wrong) personal or making a personal comment towards that person just because he says something different than what you agree with.

And the other aspect of it is just good ole "lunacy" smack talking to fans of other teams. This is the aspect of sports that some can handle and some can't. In no way have I ever been flustered at anyone who talks smack about my team. I will talk smack back about their team but don't get into it about their character because it's...well...good ole smack talking.

That still doesn't explain why half the time you embrace the lunacy, and the other half you act as if you have no idea why people question your ideas. I'm not mad at ya, I just don't get it.

And while we are on it, do you really think that everybody around here is crazy, and you're the one that knows what you're talking about, even though the general consensus is just the opposite?

at you writing that.

[/StoneyConv]

That still doesn't explain why half the time you embrace the lunacy, and the other half you act as if you have no idea why people question your ideas. I'm not mad at ya, I just don't get it.

And while we are on it, do you really think that everybody around here is crazy, and you're the one that knows what you're talking about, even though the general consensus is just the opposite?

=

LeBot James is a robot
Share 49ersWebzone