LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

**Utah Jazz Offseason Thread**

Quote:
The Jazz will seek a sign-and-trade with Carlos Boozer going to the Bulls, GM Kevin O'Connor has confirmed.

Even if the Jazz are only able to get a traded player exception, they are hoping to do a sign-and-trade.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67951/20100707/jazz_hope_for_boozer_s&t_to_chicago/#ixzz0t64ZmapJ
Quote:
Orlando, Fla. • The Jazz may see Ronnie Brewer again.

In a Utah uniform, no less.

Brewer, a former first-round Jazz draft pick who was traded to Memphis at midseason, became an unrestricted free agent this summer when the Grizzlies failed to tender him a qualifying offer.

Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor confirmed the team’s interest in possibly bringing the 6-foot-7 shooting guard back.

“We’re definitely interested,” O’Connor said. “We’re going to talk with his agent in the next few days, but as some may know, he’s been a little busy lately.”

O’Connor was referring to Brewer’s agent Henry Thomas, who’s also the agent of Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, the two prime free agents who made their commitments to the Miami Heat on Wednesday.
I wouldn't mind having his defense back as long as it comes as a cheap price but I'd rather have a guy that can shoot too.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
The Jazz will seek a sign-and-trade with Carlos Boozer going to the Bulls, GM Kevin O'Connor has confirmed.

Even if the Jazz are only able to get a traded player exception, they are hoping to do a sign-and-trade.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67951/20100707/jazz_hope_for_boozer_s&t_to_chicago/#ixzz0t64ZmapJ

Taj Gibson! Probably wont happen, but oh well
Quote:
Orlando, Fla. • The Jazz may see Ronnie Brewer again.

In a Utah uniform, no less.

Brewer, a former first-round Jazz draft pick who was traded to Memphis at midseason, became an unrestricted free agent this summer when the Grizzlies failed to tender him a qualifying offer.

Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor confirmed the team’s interest in possibly bringing the 6-foot-7 shooting guard back.

“We’re definitely interested,” O’Connor said. “We’re going to talk with his agent in the next few days, but as some may know, he’s been a little busy lately.”

O’Connor was referring to Brewer’s agent Henry Thomas, who’s also the agent of Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, the two prime free agents who made their commitments to the Miami Heat on Wednesday.
I wouldn't mind having his defense back as long as it comes as a cheap price but I'd rather have a guy that can shoot too.

He'd help on the fast break and on D. It would be nice to have him come off the bench for us since I don't see Korver coming back. I figure Hayward is taking his spot.

I'd like to see us go after a PG now. Maybe Luke Ridnour. I really hate our depth at PG.
Originally posted by saniner:
Quote:

We get a protected 2nd round pick and a $13M trade exception. Not too bad at all! Now, who do we go after?!
Good info on how the trade exception

link

Also, we're linked to Al Harrington
[ Edited by saniner on Jul 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM ]
In other news, Hayward is looking good in this game. I actually don't mind the pick now...I know it's only the summer league, but he fits our system so well
Quote:

We get a protected 2nd round pick and a $13M trade exception. Not too bad at all! Now, who do we go after?!

Thats fair enough I won't complain about that I wish we coulda got Gibson but all well. Now its gonna be interesting with what we do with that trade exception. Resign Matthews should be the top priority, Brewer maybe if he comes cheap if not I"m not too worried, we still need a shooter so I hope we jump into the Mike Miller chase, and finally a big. Harrington is ok I guess but I hate his selfishness but theres not much out there now that Lee is going to the Warriors. A backup PG that can play would be great but I dunno if Ridnour wants to come here. I sure wouldn't complain though.
In other news, Hayward is looking good in this game. I actually don't mind the pick now...I know it's only the summer league, but he fits our system so well

Hayward has looked great. Not a super star but thats ok I wasn't expecting that just a solid role player. Seems like he has a pretty good shot and is great off the ball. His Hakeem fake from the game today against the Nets was beautiful though. He fooled 3 guys. lol

Evans has been a nice lil surprise too with his athleticism. We might have gotten another steal in the 2nd round afterall.

Gaines on the other hand has been a huge disappointment and doesn't seem to big on passing just on shooting as much as possible.

We should definitely keep Jeffers though I think he can be a cheap Ronnie Brewer with his defense and his ability on the fast break.

Doufos has been alright but he still can't catch a ball and he's too soft against these scubs in Summer League.

I wish Augustine had played more today but he'll definitely be on the team in October so I hope he makes it as a backup.

Korver just joined Boozer in Chicago. GREAT signing by the Bulls. He had easily one of the best shooting seasons last year, and he'll get a lot of open looks in Chicago. The Bulls are looking pretty good right now.

link

btw, that Hayward move was nuts! Same move Curry and Rondo had last year
I'm gonna miss Korver. He's always been one of my favorite players since his days in Creighton but he went to a great situation in Chicago so I hope he does great.
Udonis Haslem has been offered the vet minimum. I hope we offer him a bit more he'd be a great backup to Millsap and he'd get a lot more playing time with us but Jersey is still in the running for him as well.
Udonis Haslem has been offered the vet minimum. I hope we offer him a bit more he'd be a great backup to Millsap and he'd get a lot more playing time with us but Jersey is still in the running for him as well.
Wes Matthews has signed a 5 year 34 million dollar deal by the Blazers. Once again the Blazers try to f**k over the Jazz by making it extremely front loaded so we don't match.
1 $8,095,238 $8,095,238
2 $7,447,619 $15,542,857
3 $6,800,000 $22,342,857
4 $6,152,381 $28,495,238
5 $5,504,762 $34,000,000
No guy after 1 year in the league is worth that much so f**k you Portland you can have him. Great job keeping pace with the rest of the league and overpaying for ok to mediocre talent.

Jazz losses so far:
Boozer
Korver
Matthews (probably)

Jazz acquisitions:
Hayward
Evans

SIGN SOME PEOPLE O'CONNOR!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone