LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 194 users in the forums

**Utah Jazz Offseason Thread**

Supposively our new colors and logo are either gonna be this

or

Personally I like the top one a lot.

Now on to the more important things...

Do we resign Boozer? Korver? Matthews? Fesenko?

Out of the 3 I think Matthews is a lock to resign he's proved himself to be a great asset to the team and he really shocked the hell out of me being an undrafted rookie and doing so well.

Korver even though he's popular I wouldn't be suprised if if we let him walk. He's been exposed a lot during the playoffs and kills us on defense even though I love his 3 point shooting.

As for Fesenko...GET THE f**k OUT!!! The guy is worthless and I hope he goes back to Europe.

Now on to the big question mark. To sign or to let Boozer walk. Personally I think he's gonna walk this team isn't gonna get any better with him staying and I would love to see us do a sign and trade so we actually get something out of him. Maybe we'll look to trade AK's huge contract as well.

As for the draft i hope we get a pretty good pick so we can grab Greg Monroe or Cole Aldridge. It would be amazing to have a coordinated American center for once.

Next year probably isn't gonna be great but its time to rebuild.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on May 10, 2010 at 22:44:28 ]
the green one is

the top one is awesome.

time for Boozer to leave. Millsap has waited long enough.
For some reason I think the green one is a fake but who knows. Someone posted it on realgm so I jsut went with it. I love the first one and I really hope the jerseys are liek the old ones but with those colors.

Millsap was amazing for us during the playoffs, and I hope the refs give him some more respect b/c it he rarely gets a cal his way. He's definitely not the answer at PF unless he grows 3 to 4 inches but he's good enough to help us get an 7 or 8 seed next year. I'm actually kinda looking forward to next year just b/c the make up of the team may be quite a bit different then the last 5 years or so.
In my whole 32 years I have never actually met a Jazz fan and im in Colorado.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
In my whole 32 years I have never actually met a Jazz fan and im in Colorado.

Thats kinda odd. I feel sorry for everyone there being Thuggets fans.
LMAO!!!! Oh fans in Utah are hilarious. I'm arguing with a guy on the Jazz's facebook who wants us to somehow bring in David Lee or Chris Kaman. The best part is he thinks the 6'9 Lee is a true center.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
LMAO!!!! Oh fans in Utah are hilarious. I'm arguing with a guy on the Jazz's facebook who wants us to somehow bring in David Lee or Chris Kaman. The best part is he thinks the 6'9 Lee is a true center.

you know why he wants those guys? because theyre white.

youd think after Malone caused them to re-write the book of mormon to omit "black people are evil", theyd be more open minded.

Originally posted by Niners99:

youd think after Malone caused them to re-write the book of mormon to omit "black people are evil", theyd be more open minded.

Thats exactly what I was thinking too. Someone mentioned Bosh on there and everyone ripped the guy apart b/c he's worse on defense then Boozer but last time I checked Bosh is like 6'10" so thats an improvement in itself. Here's the convo...

Quote:
Me- LMAO @ everyone who thinks Lee and Kaman are the answer. Have you guys seen these guys play and not just see their stats on NBA.com? Their stats are what they are b/c they're on horrible teams. Lee cannot defend for the life of him I'd give Boozer the edge over him on defense, and Kaman is exactly the same. The only difference is he's 7'0". How he got on the All Star team before Boozer is beyond me.

AT - I'm talking about Lee for Memo not Booz. We could use a true center like one of them two. How do you know they wouldn't play better with an amazing PG feeding them all night??

Me - Kaman has a great PG in LA. Well at least when Baron feels like playing. Lee doesn't impress me at all and besides he's 6'9" and you want him at center? I'm sorry but we're not going anywhere in the West with a starting front court of a 6'9" Center and a 6'7" Power Forward. Besdies no team in their right mind would take Memo after his surgery. No ... See moreone knows what kind of level he is gonna be able to play at. Just look at Elton Brand in Philly he's a hollow shell of his former self after a similar surgery. Sure his injury was worse then Memo's but I'd bet ya anything we're gonna be stuck with Memo until his contract expires.

AT - True, true. I agree with you. I was speaking of "what if" situations. Not being realistic... Looks like you already have all the answers there buddy! I didn't realize Lee was a forward not a center. MY BAD. Thanks for clearing that up for me....

Dude got owned!

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on May 11, 2010 at 01:05:19 ]

Thats exactly what I was thinking too. Someone mentioned Bosh on there and everyone ripped the guy apart b/c he's worse on defense then Boozer but last time I checked Bosh is like 6'10" so thats an improvement in itself. Here's the convo...

Quote:
Me- LMAO @ everyone who thinks Lee and Kaman are the answer. Have you guys seen these guys play and not just see their stats on NBA.com? Their stats are what they are b/c they're on horrible teams. Lee cannot defend for the life of him I'd give Boozer the edge over him on defense, and Kaman is exactly the same. The only difference is he's 7'0". How he got on the All Star team before Boozer is beyond me.

AT - I'm talking about Lee for Memo not Booz. We could use a true center like one of them two. How do you know they wouldn't play better with an amazing PG feeding them all night??

Me - Kaman has a great PG in LA. Well at least when Baron feels like playing. Lee doesn't impress me at all and besides he's 6'9" and you want him at center? I'm sorry but we're not going anywhere in the West with a starting front court of a 6'9" Center and a 6'7" Power Forward. Besdies no team in their right mind would take Memo after his surgery. No ... See moreone knows what kind of level he is gonna be able to play at. Just look at Elton Brand in Philly he's a hollow shell of his former self after a similar surgery. Sure his injury was worse then Memo's but I'd bet ya anything we're gonna be stuck with Memo until his contract expires.

AT - True, true. I agree with you. I was speaking of "what if" situations. Not being realistic... Looks like you already have all the answers there buddy! I didn't realize Lee was a forward not a center. MY BAD. Thanks for clearing that up for me....

Dude got owned!

Lee and Kaman are reallistic options while Bosh is pipe dream. We don't have the cap space to sign him, and Utah's probally going to be somewhere around 30th on his destination chart.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Quote:

Dude got owned!

Lee and Kaman are reallistic options while Bosh is pipe dream. We don't have the cap space to sign him, and Utah's probally going to be somewhere around 30th on his destination chart.

It could be possible if we did a sign and trade and gave up NY's pick but yeah there's no way he was gonna come here, but I sure as hell don't want David Lee or Chris Kaman on the team.

Originally posted by tjd808185:

Quote:

Dude got owned!

It could be possible if we did a sign and trade and gave up NY's pick but yeah there's no way he was gonna come here, but I sure as hell don't want David Lee or Chris Kaman on the team.

i would LOVE to get Bosh somehow, but hes going wherever Lebron James goes.
Try to get something for Boozer in a sign & trade, but let him walk if you can't. (IMO)
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Try to get something for Boozer in a sign & trade, but let him walk if you can't. (IMO)

I hope they do a sign and trade. I almost don't even care what we get cuz its time for him to go. We're not gonna win anything with him on the team.
MT, i noticed on the new Jazz note logo they removed "UTAH" from the top. imo that kind of balanced it out.

and im sure the navy blue will look fine, but if youre going old school, its almost best just to go back to the purple. those were the unis they had when i lived there in 93, 94, and 95.
MT, i noticed on the new Jazz note logo they removed "UTAH" from the top. imo that kind of balanced it out.

and im sure the navy blue will look fine, but if youre going old school, its almost best just to go back to the purple. those were the unis they had when i lived there in 93, 94, and 95.

It really did balance it out didn't it? I didn't really notice at first but after comparing it to my Malone retro jersey it does look a lot better. I really want the purple back as well I loved those colors my next retro is probably gonna be a purple Stockton, but I'm sure the navy blue will work well too. I think they're trying to go away from the Orleans colors now.
Share 49ersWebzone