LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

**Utah Jazz Offseason Thread**

CJ's Twitter after the Hayward pick starting at the bottom.

Quote:
I def thought we were gonna draft a big tho i thought after tha picks that were made that we would pick cole or ed davis but i get paid to play and not make draft picks lol so shoutout to my new teammate Gordon Hayward!!1

.but its understandable too to pic tho because myself and AK are the only wings under contract at tha moment

I think tha pick could be good or it couldnt ... tha guy can def play I watched him in tha tourney but if we sign wes and kyle back we are now overloaded wit tha wings again ..maybe it means someone doesnt come back or gets traded idk but I def like his game tho or atleast what i saw from him in tha tourney

Guaranteed that Kyle is gone and Wes will be resigned UNLESS we have a trade in the works.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 24, 2010 at 18:15:02 ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
so Im now convinced jazz front office is racist... they seem to want to make the an all aryan team...

We actually have 8 black players on the team.
dwill and booz arent black...

They aren't white either!

true... either way... wtf we needed a big to get past the lakers not an ak clone that cant play d
I dunno why we didn't get Cole. He was the best center available but instead we get stuck with Doufus and Fesenko again.

i dunno i mean i guess it means booz will prolly get resigned but I dunno okur isnt going to be himself next season and ak well you and every other jazz fan know he'll get an infected splinter at some point next season, so unless gasol, bynum,and odom all get the plague looks like another season of being good enough for 4th or 5th best.
so Im now convinced jazz front office is racist... they seem to want to make the an all aryan team...

true... either way... wtf we needed a big to get past the lakers not an ak clone that cant play d
I dunno why we didn't get Cole. He was the best center available but instead we get stuck with Doufus and Fesenko again.

i dunno i mean i guess it means booz will prolly get resigned but I dunno okur isnt going to be himself next season and ak well you and every other jazz fan know he'll get an infected splinter at some point next season, so unless gasol, bynum,and odom all get the plague looks like another season of being good enough for 4th or 5th best.

Its just so aggrivating to watch sometimes. Oklahoma City seems to know their s**t and are having a great day so far meanwhile Kevin O Connor continues to waste 1st round picks on mediocre players. I know the Jazz love being faithful to their employees but KOC needs to be fired this s**t is getting ridiculous.
CJ's Twitter after the Hayward pick starting at the bottom.

Quote:
I def thought we were gonna draft a big tho i thought after tha picks that were made that we would pick cole or ed davis but i get paid to play and not make draft picks lol so shoutout to my new teammate Gordon Hayward!!1

.but its understandable too to pic tho because myself and AK are the only wings under contract at tha moment

I think tha pick could be good or it couldnt ... tha guy can def play I watched him in tha tourney but if we sign wes and kyle back we are now overloaded wit tha wings again ..maybe it means someone doesnt come back or gets traded idk but I def like his game tho or atleast what i saw from him in tha tourney

Guaranteed that Kyle is gone and Wes will be resigned UNLESS we have a trade in the works.
thats what i hate about the nba vs nfl and the sign and trades...

fml

Its just so aggrivating to watch sometimes. Oklahoma City seems to know their s**t and are having a great day so far meanwhile Kevin O Connor continues to waste 1st round picks on mediocre players. I know the Jazz love being faithful to their employees but KOC needs to be fired this s**t is getting ridiculous.

Hopefully this means we're resigning Boozer then looking to ship AK out.

BTW Anyone else checking out the Jazz boards. What a bunch of idiots. D Will is leaving because of this. Fire everyone. If D Will leaves it's because we got rid of quality players for absolutely nothing (Boozer, Brewer, Maynor). It's not because we didn't take a below average big man in this draft.

I can't stand Jazz boards. It's the whiniest, doomsday board you'll ever see.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 24, 2010 at 21:07:06 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

BTW Anyone else checking out the Jazz boards. What a bunch of idiots. D Will is leaving because of this. Fire everyone. If D Will leaves it's because we got rid of quality players for absolutely nothing (Boozer, Brewer, Maynor). It's not because we didn't take a below average big man in this draft.

Yeah the Jazz boards are horrible they're a bunch of b***hes. I don't know how many times I read "we've had this pick for 6 years and we use it on this guy!??!!" I agree it shoulda been used elsewhere but they seemed like it was the end of the world. I think Deron will leave if we don't do something fast either a sign and trade with Boozer or by trading AK's contract. Its so aggrivating to see this team slowly fall apart b/c our GM makes some of the dumbest trades or drafts horribly in the 1st round. He's usually ok in the 2nd round but my lord O'Connor can't draft 1st rounders for the life of him outside of a couple of players.
Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY — After disappointing some fans with their surprising No. 9 pick, the Utah Jazz picked up a big man as many hoped they would in the second round.

With the 55th selection, the Jazz grabbed Western Kentucky center/forward Jeremy Evans.

The 6-foot-9 22-year-old was the school's all-time leading shooter with a 63.9 percent shooting percentage over a four-year career.

As a senior, the lanky post player averaged 10 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.8 blocks. Evans is only the second player in WKU history to have racked up 1,000 points, 750 rebounds and 200 blocks.

Evans also earned the Danny Rumph Outstanding Teammate Award with the Hilltoppers.

Interestingly, at 196 pounds Evans actually weighs less than the Jazz's slim first-round pick, Gordon Hayward, a 6-foot-8, 207-pounder.

WHAT THE f**k!?!!??!?!?!?! We don't need a god damn stick down low much less a guy thats only 6'9". God this draft was horrible. I wasn't expecting something great at 55 but why draft a guy that is 190 pounds and 6'9"???
I don't really like this pick, but whatever, he plays for the Jazz now so i'll root for him. The guy had a hard time shooting the ball in college. I think he was shooting around 30% from 3. I just don't get it. Hopefully this means we go after Boozer or have some fancy trade where we get a center who can play D and rebound....I would have preferred Babbitt over Hayward.

Does this mean Korver is gone now? He had one of the best seasons shooting the ball last year, I hate to let him just walk away
Originally posted by saniner:
I don't really like this pick, but whatever, he plays for the Jazz now so i'll root for him. The guy had a hard time shooting the ball in college. I think he was shooting around 30% from 3. I just don't get it. Hopefully this means we go after Boozer or have some fancy trade where we get a center who can play D and rebound....I would have preferred Babbitt over Hayward.

Does this mean Korver is gone now? He had one of the best seasons shooting the ball last year, I hate to let him just walk away

I think its a sure thing that Kyle is gone which pisses me off b/c as you said he had one of the best seasons shooting the ball. Hayward can't shoot the 3 and he keeps being compared to Harpring but more athletic, which I think is bulls**t since Hayward won't have the same mentality like Harp did from his football days. We shoulda got the Fresno State guy or Cole but instead we're gonna be the 4th best team in our division next year if we don't do something with Boozer.

we take a SG/SF, and it wasnt Henry. WTF.

i dont think the Jazz have made a pick i actually liked in the first round besides Williams in the last decade.
Originally posted by Niners99:
we take a SG/SF, and it wasnt Henry. WTF.

i dont think the Jazz have made a pick i actually liked in the first round besides Williams in the last decade.

Maynor is the only one I've liked besides Deron and of course we trade him and settle with Ronnie Price as our back up.

Yeah the Jazz boards are horrible they're a bunch of b***hes. I don't know how many times I read "we've had this pick for 6 years and we use it on this guy!??!!" I agree it shoulda been used elsewhere but they seemed like it was the end of the world. I think Deron will leave if we don't do something fast either a sign and trade with Boozer or by trading AK's contract. Its so aggrivating to see this team slowly fall apart b/c our GM makes some of the dumbest trades or drafts horribly in the 1st round. He's usually ok in the 2nd round but my lord O'Connor can't draft 1st rounders for the life of him outside of a couple of players.

You remember how upset D Will was when we let Brewer go? Make no mistake about it D Will wants us to resign Boozer. It's funny that everyone wants this team to fall apart but because the dominoes aren't falling the way they want it to they're flipping out. Letting Boozer walk and replacing him with Monroe, Davis or whoever they wanted was a horrible idea from the get go, and would eventually lead to D Will leaving.

You remember how upset D Will was when we let Brewer go? Make no mistake about it D Will wants us to resign Boozer. It's funny that everyone wants this team to fall apart but because the dominoes aren't falling the way they want it to they're flipping out. Letting Boozer walk and replacing him with Monroe, Davis or whoever they wanted was a horrible idea from the get go, and would eventually lead to D Will leaving.

The way I look at it this is there's 3 reasons why we're getting our *sses kicked by the Lakers.

1. Interior defense
2. Perimeter defense
3. Our wings can't shoot an open bucket

Hopefully this helps to solve #3, and we can use AK expiring contract to upgrade the interior defense. That's assuming we're not dumb enough to let Boozer walk.

Deron has been hesitate about resigning Boozer ever since we got crushed by LA. He knows we don't have a chance at winning it with Boozer so the logical thing was to get a younger guy in that can play some defense down low. Unfortuantely with the Hayward pick it looks like we're gonna attempt to resign Boozer and be stuck in mediocrity next year and then have Deron opt out. Too many teams are improving out West for the Jazz to just sit back with what they have yet KOC doesn't see it that way.
Share 49ersWebzone