LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

**Utah Jazz Offseason Thread**

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Wes Matthews has signed a 5 year 34 million dollar deal by the Blazers. Once again the Blazers try to f**k over the Jazz by making it extremely front loaded so we don't match.
1 $8,095,238 $8,095,238
2 $7,447,619 $15,542,857
3 $6,800,000 $22,342,857
4 $6,152,381 $28,495,238
5 $5,504,762 $34,000,000
No guy after 1 year in the league is worth that much so f**k you Portland you can have him. Great job keeping pace with the rest of the league and overpaying for ok to mediocre talent.

Jazz losses so far:
Boozer
Korver
Matthews (probably)

Jazz acquisitions:
Hayward
Evans

SIGN SOME PEOPLE O'CONNOR!!!!

Ironically its the same day they signed Millsap to a deal last year.
He's Bryan Russell. Product of the system.

Too bad we're going to match like we did with Milsap and continue to shoot ourselves in the foot cap wise.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Too bad we're going to match like we did with Milsap and continue to shoot ourselves in the foot cap wise.

I hope not we need the cap space for next year when we can offer the max to a guy like Marc Gasol or something.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I hope not we need the cap space for next year when we can offer the max to a guy like Marc Gasol or something.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree. We can't afford to match that. I think this will be a rebuilding year for us. We'll play out the year with what we have, then make some moves next summer
[ Edited by saniner on Jul 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM ]
Finally some good news!

Quote:
Okur even believes it's possible to play by the beginning of the NBA's regular season, which would be about six months after he ruptured the tendon in Denver. That would fit in the recovery time frame his doctor told him after his playoff-ending procedure.

"Like, so far so good," Okur said of his rehab. "Hopefully I'm going to be able to be back early and maybe catch up (in) the preseason games a little bit and go from there."

Okur still walks with a slight limp on his left side — something that the walking and golfing should help, he claims.

But the good news, he added with a smile, is that he no longer has to wear a walking boot on his right foot, something that was required for a while after he underwent surgery to repair the Achilles that ruptured during Game 1 of the Jazz's first-round playoff series against Denver. The tendon doesn't hurt anymore, either.

"Doing good," he said. "I'm a lot better."
KOC's response to Matthews signing, "Jazz GM Kevin O'Connor: "It feels like Groundhog Day....We will decide what's best for the organization and about how to use our midlevel...
Quote:

Also this is from the SL Tribune's twitter - "Jazz have talked/heard about everyone from Al Harrington to Ronnie Brewer to Shannon Brown to Roger Mason in recent days.

Shannon Brown would be a nice backup PG and could fill in as a backup SG too. Mason shot over 42% from 3 a couple years ago so I hope we can grab him to help replace Korver a bit. Not a great shooter but hopefully last year was just an off year for him.
KOC's response to Matthews signing, "Jazz GM Kevin O'Connor: "It feels like Groundhog Day....We will decide what's best for the organization and about how to use our midlevel...
Quote:

Also this is from the SL Tribune's twitter - "Jazz have talked/heard about everyone from Al Harrington to Ronnie Brewer to Shannon Brown to Roger Mason in recent days.

Shannon Brown would be a nice backup PG and could fill in as a backup SG too. Mason shot over 42% from 3 a couple years ago so I hope we can grab him to help replace Korver a bit. Not a great shooter but hopefully last year was just an off year for him.

Brown would be GREAT! I had no idea we had interest in him. He's the combo guard we need for sure
Supposively we're going after Anthony Tolliver of Golden State and Josh Powell of the Lakers.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
Looks like you guys are about to get Al Jefferson.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Looks like you guys are about to get Al Jefferson.

For what i havent read this. I NEED A LINK

I found the link and it sounds like we are gonna get 1st rounds picks from you guys
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jul 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM ]

The last 3 years for him are 13,14, and 15 million for one of the laziest players in the game? f**k This is not how I wanted to use the trade exception and he sure as hell isn't worth more then 1 first round pick. This trade has stupidity all over it and I don't want to give up a bunch of 1st rounders for a guy that is selfish and lazy as f**k.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jul 12, 2010 at 8:44 PM ]
chadfordinsider $42M for Al Jefferson or $35M for Wes Matthews. Which would you choose?

Honestly it seems like the Jazz are in panic mode trying to keep Deron happy, i think he made some comments today and he is not happy with the way the offseason has gone
Originally posted by valrod33:
chadfordinsider $42M for Al Jefferson or $35M for Wes Matthews. Which would you choose?

Honestly it seems like the Jazz are in panic mode trying to keep Deron happy, i think he made some comments today and he is not happy with the way the offseason has gone

I'll have to see the comments where did you hear them? But I'm not surprised I'd take Jefferson's contract over Matthews. As much as I hate to say it he offers more of a need then Wesley and he's proven his worth with his 20/10 play unlike Wes who has only played one year and doesn't deserve 35 million quite yet.

I'll have to see the comments where did you hear them? But I'm not surprised I'd take Jefferson's contract over Matthews. As much as I hate to say it he offers more of a need then Wesley and he's proven his worth with his 20/10 play unlike Wes who has only played one year and doesn't deserve 35 million quite yet.

Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver are now members of the Chicago Bulls. Wesley Matthews has inked an offer sheet from the Blazers, and if the Jazz don't match, he could be in Portland next season.

As such, Deron Williams admitted over the weekend that he was somewhat "frustrated" with how the Jazz's summer has played out.

"It was tough to see Booz (Carlos Boozer) and Kyle (Korver) go," Williams told the Deseret News. "But they made business decisions and you have to live with them."

Williams also told the paper that the team needs "some depth in the frontcourt," now that Boozer is gone and Mehmet Okur's Achilles tendon injury could have him out to start the season.

With so many teams having money to sign players this summer, keeping Boozer and Korver was going to be a challenge.

And Williams' statements are not without merit.

But it'll be worth keeping an eye on how the Jazz perform next season and how Williams reacts.

I thought i read one where he was quoted as saying "its a good thing i only signed for 3 years" or "this is why i signed for only 3 years" something like that

im trying to find it, it was on the ESPN NBA rumors
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jul 12, 2010 at 9:38 PM ]

Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver are now members of the Chicago Bulls. Wesley Matthews has inked an offer sheet from the Blazers, and if the Jazz don't match, he could be in Portland next season.

As such, Deron Williams admitted over the weekend that he was somewhat "frustrated" with how the Jazz's summer has played out.

"It was tough to see Booz (Carlos Boozer) and Kyle (Korver) go," Williams told the Deseret News. "But they made business decisions and you have to live with them."

Williams also told the paper that the team needs "some depth in the frontcourt," now that Boozer is gone and Mehmet Okur's Achilles tendon injury could have him out to start the season.

With so many teams having money to sign players this summer, keeping Boozer and Korver was going to be a challenge.

And Williams' statements are not without merit.

But it'll be worth keeping an eye on how the Jazz perform next season and how Williams reacts.

I thought i read one where he was quoted as saying "its a good thing i only signed for 3 years" or "this is why i signed for only 3 years" something like that

im trying to find it, it was on the ESPN NBA rumors

Yeah he said that after we traded away Brewer, and I think he's the main reason why we're trying to bring Ronnie back, which I think we will since I don't expect us to sign Matthews. Definitely a panic move by the Jazz but if Jefferson can motivate himself to do better like Gasol did with the Lakers then I think this will work out great. If not...then I'll be b***hing a lot.
Share 49ersWebzone