Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 483 users in the forums

Soccer Transfers and Transfer Rumors

Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Thierry Henry to Red Bulls.

that was probably the worst kept secret this season. lol. Raul and Del Piero might go too.


BUT Del Piero wont go til at least 2011.

whatever, I would love to watch Del Piero in the US, he was one of my favorites to watch on the Italian national team and boy was he a pest for Juv

I remember the first time I saw him play when I was 10 or 11...I was AMAZED. definitely one of my faves. but me being a Juve fan, watching the games this season, hes lost some of his speed.

Juv in general is a rather aged team. I've always liked them because they had a lot of classic italian nationals on the team, but I've been rooting for Milan ever since Pirlo arrived in 2001. By far my favorite Italian player.

But definitely, Piero was a spunky little player to watch and at one time a world great, its great to have these aging European stars outside Beckham, it will gradually raise the level of the MLS until real players want to play here.

Theres gonna be a major overhaul at Juve this offseason. I think the MLS needs to focus on buying young south americans to raise the quality of play.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Thierry Henry to Red Bulls.

that was probably the worst kept secret this season. lol. Raul and Del Piero might go too.


BUT Del Piero wont go til at least 2011.

whatever, I would love to watch Del Piero in the US, he was one of my favorites to watch on the Italian national team and boy was he a pest for Juv

I remember the first time I saw him play when I was 10 or 11...I was AMAZED. definitely one of my faves. but me being a Juve fan, watching the games this season, hes lost some of his speed.

Juv in general is a rather aged team. I've always liked them because they had a lot of classic italian nationals on the team, but I've been rooting for Milan ever since Pirlo arrived in 2001. By far my favorite Italian player.

But definitely, Piero was a spunky little player to watch and at one time a world great, its great to have these aging European stars outside Beckham, it will gradually raise the level of the MLS until real players want to play here.

Theres gonna be a major overhaul at Juve this offseason. I think the MLS needs to focus on buying young south americans to raise the quality of play.

Both sources of imports will help. And as the league gets better, better players will want to come and may gradually become respectable.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Thierry Henry to Red Bulls.

that was probably the worst kept secret this season. lol. Raul and Del Piero might go too.


BUT Del Piero wont go til at least 2011.

whatever, I would love to watch Del Piero in the US, he was one of my favorites to watch on the Italian national team and boy was he a pest for Juv

I remember the first time I saw him play when I was 10 or 11...I was AMAZED. definitely one of my faves. but me being a Juve fan, watching the games this season, hes lost some of his speed.

Juv in general is a rather aged team. I've always liked them because they had a lot of classic italian nationals on the team, but I've been rooting for Milan ever since Pirlo arrived in 2001. By far my favorite Italian player.

But definitely, Piero was a spunky little player to watch and at one time a world great, its great to have these aging European stars outside Beckham, it will gradually raise the level of the MLS until real players want to play here.

Theres gonna be a major overhaul at Juve this offseason. I think the MLS needs to focus on buying young south americans to raise the quality of play.

Both sources of imports will help. And as the league gets better, better players will want to come and may gradually become respectable.

imo the MLS will always be a second-tier league, but if players like Donovan, Dempsey, and Altidore keep coming through the ranks more European teams will be willing to take chances on American players.
Juventus offer Diego to atletico madrid for Jose Antonio Reyes


wow, this would just be plain stupid if true. Reyes is an impressive player no doubt but cmon. EVERY player except Chiellini had a horrible year in Turin this season. Hopefully Cesar Prandelli or Roy Hodgson become the coach for Juve.
No.... Way....
Chelsea make Torres Bid
[ Edited by foreign49er on May 17, 2010 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by foreign49er:
No.... Way....
Chelsea make Torres Bid

dude aint even worth that much
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by foreign49er:
No.... Way....
Chelsea make Torres Bid

f***
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
No.... Way....
Chelsea make Torres Bid

f***

My feelings exactly.
Barca Want Villa.... and Fabregas.
Sky Sports reporting:
Cesc wants out of Arsenal
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
So Henry to MLS is BS then?

Is it finalized or not?
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Sky Sports reporting:
Cesc wants out of Arsenal

Meh, based on the same article that was pure speculation anyway.

Maybe Im in denial because if Cesc left I would be broken hearted but Im not buying this.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Originally posted by foreign49er:
No.... Way....
Chelsea make Torres Bid

BS

Torres and Gerrard aren't leaving Liverpool
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by crzy:
So Henry to MLS is BS then?

Is it finalized or not?

I haven't seen anything saying its for sure ... all rumors need to be taken with a grain of salt at this point.

It would be cool to have Thierry in the MLS ... Id make sure to get tickets for when the Red Bull play in LA next year.
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Sky Sports reporting:
Cesc wants out of Arsenal

Meh, based on the same article that was pure speculation anyway.

Maybe Im in denial because if Cesc left I would be broken hearted but Im not buying this.

Same, I don't buy it. I think he wants to stay and win here, then move to Barca later on as Henry did.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone