LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
damn, Dinho getting some serious hate from his own people. Both Zagallo and Brasil's president have come out and said Ronaldihno shouldn't be in Brasil's WC roster

He shouldn't. Brazil is a more dimensional team without him.

while you may be right, I can't be convinced that you wouldn't want to have him on your bench and bring him in during the 2nd half at some point.

just my .02

Nope. Guille Franco doesnt do s**t, hes just some clumsy ass every time I see him play with Mexico.

Vuoso>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Sabah>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Chicharito>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Aldo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Vela>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
damn, Dinho getting some serious hate from his own people. Both Zagallo and Brasil's president have come out and said Ronaldihno shouldn't be in Brasil's WC roster

while you may be right, I can't be convinced that you wouldn't want to have him on your bench and bring him in during the 2nd half at some point.

just my .02

Nope. Guille Franco doesnt do s**t, hes just some clumsy ass every time I see him play with Mexico.

Vuoso>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Sabah>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco

I want Ronaldinho

one of my favorite players

just my .02

Vuoso>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Sabah>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco

YOU FAIL

just my .02

Vuoso>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Sabah>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco

YOU FAIL

mmkay mr expert. whens the last time Franco scored for Mexico? The gold cup final? Yeah, nice counterpoint.
hey alex

hey alex

damn, I just pulled a hollywood.

just my .02

I know I would. And people have different things against Ronaldinho in Brazil. I goes like this:

Dunga: He isn't sure how commited Ronaldinho is to playing for the Seleção. There are very deep wounds from the 2006 Cups when people thought (Dunga included) that brazilian players were not focused and were more interested in the whole media circus (the "Joga Bonito" stuff). Two players were considered the main culprits: Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos (both play in Corinthians now). But Ronaldinho also got tainted.

The Fans: The brazilian fans are torn apart on this issue. Some think (including me) that Ronaldinho is too talented too be left behind, especially since this squad is considered too ordinary, despite it's fantastic results. It's hard to take guys like Josué, Julio Batista and Elano and let Ronaldinho out. However, there's a sentiment among a great portion of the fans that Ronaldinho very rarely played well on the Seleção. It's a similar situation with Cristiano Ronaldo in Portugal.

As for the PResident and Zagallo, don't take them too seriously. The first really likes soccer and gives constant opinions. And truthfully, nobody cares about them. As for Zagallo, he is just keeping his policy of always defend the CBF (BRazil's soccer federation). You'll never see him disagree with the big dogs. That's the way he's always been since the 60s.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

just my .02

I know I would. And people have different things against Ronaldinho in Brazil. I goes like this:

Dunga: He isn't sure how commited Ronaldinho is to playing for the Seleção. There are very deep wounds from the 2006 Cups when people thought (Dunga included) that brazilian players were not focused and were more interested in the whole media circus (the "Joga Bonito" stuff). Two players were considered the main culprits: Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos (both play in Corinthians now). But Ronaldinho also got tainted.

The Fans: The brazilian fans are torn apart on this issue. Some think (including me) that Ronaldinho is too talented too be left behind, especially since this squad is considered too ordinary, despite it's fantastic results. It's hard to take guys like Josué, Julio Batista and Elano and let Ronaldinho out. However, there's a sentiment among a great portion of the fans that Ronaldinho very rarely played well on the Seleção. It's a similar situation with Cristiano Ronaldo in Portugal.

As for the PResident and Zagallo, don't take them too seriously. The first really likes soccer and gives constant opinions. And truthfully, nobody cares about them. As for Zagallo, he is just keeping his policy of always defend the CBF (BRazil's soccer federation). You'll never see him disagree with the big dogs. That's the way he's always been since the 60s.

I agree with Brazil here (the poster)

He is simply too talented to be left off the roster entirely. I know if I were on the other team, or my team was facing Brazil, Ronaldinho is a threatening presence I would not want to see on the other side of the pitch, and that in itself is enough reason to take him.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

just my .02

I agree with Brazil here (the poster)

He is simply too talented to be left off the roster entirely. I know if I were on the other team, or my team was facing Brazil, Ronaldinho is a threatening presence I would not want to see on the other side of the pitch, and that in itself is enough reason to take him.

I've been really watching Ronaldinho closely in these CL and serie a games to see why there has been so much question as to whether or not he should be on the int team, and I'm seeing why they aren't too thrilled to have him. He gives up wayyy to many balls in the middle of the field. He's a threat every time he has the ball because of his passing abilities, but he gives away A LOT of balls at the same time.

He's too confident to be on such a big stage. He will try to take over plays and it leads to couterattacks the other way. He will get touched, and whine and just stop playing because he thinks he deserves every call, and IMO that won't fly in South Africa like it does in Italy.

just my .02

Vuoso>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Sabah>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco

YOU FAIL

mmkay mr expert. whens the last time Franco scored for Mexico? The gold cup final? Yeah, nice counterpoint.

Sorry dude but comparing Franco to ronaldinho is just... well...

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

just my .02

Vuoso>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco
Sabah>>>>>>>>>>>>>Franco

YOU FAIL

Sorry dude but comparing Franco to ronaldinho is just... well...

Thanks for the morning laugh
is there such thing as too many friendlies?

just read Mexico has added England (at Wembley) to it's list, supposedly 2 days before they play Netherlands in Amsterdam

just read Mexico has added England (at Wembley) to it's list, supposedly 2 days before they play Netherlands in Amsterdam

no.

you can always play backups or youngins.

Never too much experience for them, I would say yes if teams played their starters every time, but they don't.

We also play Korea today.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

no.

you can always play backups or youngins.

Never too much experience for them, I would say yes if teams played their starters every time, but they don't.

cool then, I'm really liking the end of their friendly calendar (Chile @ home, England on the road, Netherlands on the road, Italy @ home) IMO you should play these games with most of your starters, I would try backups/youngsters in the earlier games vs Angola, Ecuador, Iceland, and Senegal, and today's game vs North Korea
Share 49ersWebzone