There are 252 users in the forums

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

been hearing more and more about this on the tv and the anxiety is killing me, I want this to start already.

Soccer City Stadium where the first and final matches will be held.

City:
Johannesburg

Built:

Construction:
major upgrade

Completion:

Gross Capacity
Right there with you brother!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Haha ya I was itching to start this thread ... I thought it would be a bit soon but jeez I cant wait!
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Brasil-sil-sil-sil-sil-sil!!!
While i am excited to watch, I can wait. I am savoring the end of 4 years of being world champs.
mexicoo first game sonnnnn!!!!!
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
While i am excited to watch, I can wait. I am savoring the end of 4 years of being world champs.

Give back my trophy
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

Give back my trophy

psh, arent you like korean or something?
I think that group A and group G are the toughest groups while Groups F and D are the weakest. anyone else agree or disagree?

Originally posted by 1251alex:
I think that group A and group G are the toughest groups while Groups F and D are the weakest. anyone else agree or disagree?

I agree with Group G being the toughest and Group F being the weakest for sure.

Group A can be tough, but Mexico and Uruguay have had flop moments during qualifying so don't quite know if it's gets the "toughest" rank (South Africa does have a lot on it's plate and doesn't have the talent, even with the home-field advantage).

Group D can be challenging. Sure, Germany will sweep, but you have a Serbia team with a strong defense and a Ghana team playing in Africa, who if you watched them play show outrageous speed. Australia has had a stranglehold in the south pacific, but doesn't have the most experience with European teams. Wouldn't put it past either Ghana or Serbia to pull off some strong games against Germany and in the round of 16, especially if Ghana gets the chance in basically a homefield during an elimination game.

Looking forward to future analysis from you alex.
[ Edited by Crazy49er1313 on Mar 8, 2010 at 2:49 PM ]
Also looking forward to making a new version of this! (originally posted on 12/06/09)

I'll probably do that sometime after mid-may

And yes, group F is ridiculously weak
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Also looking forward to making a new version of this! (originally posted on 12/06/09)

Im in, though I cant agree with the Italy repeats part ... Id take Brazil, Germany, and Spain over them.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

As it should be. World Champs get a weak group.
Share 49ersWebzone