LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Dutch better not finish 1E or they'll face Brasil in quarters

I hate how teams try to avoid other teams cause they're scared, thats what the f**king world cup is about.

It's kind of "be careful what you wish for", they'd be facing Italy most likely in the round of 16 as 2E

But honestly, it's smart. If you can figure out a way to avoid Spain and Brazil until semifinals, you get it done, period.
Anyone know where I could watch the UEFA league games online? I know this is the wrong thread but I dunno where to ask. Thanks.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Anyone know where I could watch the UEFA league games online? I know this is the wrong thread but I dunno where to ask. Thanks.

UEFA or champions? try justin tv or channel surfing
Originally posted by socalfan21:

UEFA or champions? try justin tv or channel surfing

champions my bad.
I wanted to throw this out there because a lot of my buddies are Greek and i am Italian and they say the Euro is a tougher tourney than the WC!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts???
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
I wanted to throw this out there because a lot of my buddies are Greek and i am Italian and they say the Euro is a tougher tourney than the WC!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts???

no
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:

Thoughts???

Hell-fuking-azz no

Fixed

I hate how teams try to avoid other teams cause they're scared, thats what the f**king world cup is about.

It's kind of "be careful what you wish for", they'd be facing Italy most likely in the round of 16 as 2E

But honestly, it's smart. If you can figure out a way to avoid Spain and Brazil until semifinals, you get it done, period.

I don't think the Dutch have anything to be scared of. They can hang with Brazil imo.

Everyone thinks Spain and Brazil are unstoppable, but that's what I'm sayin about the Netherlands, I think they can hang.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

I don't think the Dutch have anything to be scared of. They can hang with Brazil imo.

Everyone thinks Spain and Brazil are unstoppable, but that's what I'm sayin about the Netherlands, I think they can hang.

has anyone ever noticed that France is the ultimate Brazil slayer? I think that goes unnoticed sometimes.
  • dman
  • Veteran

has anyone ever noticed that France is the ultimate Brazil slayer? I think that goes unnoticed sometimes.

Ya true .. the defense of that France team was ridiculous.

Originally posted by dman:

Didnt france eliminate brazil in '86 also?
Originally posted by dman:

Didnt france eliminate brazil in '86 also?

Yeah. On the penalty kicks. Brazilian fans remember that game as the one in which Zico missed a PK during regulation.
damn, Dinho getting some serious hate from his own people. Both Zagallo and Brasil's president have come out and said Ronaldihno shouldn't be in Brasil's WC roster
damn, Dinho getting some serious hate from his own people. Both Zagallo and Brasil's president have come out and said Ronaldihno shouldn't be in Brasil's WC roster

He shouldn't. Brazil is a more dimensional team without him.

He shouldn't. Brazil is a more dimensional team without him.

while you may be right, I can't be convinced that you wouldn't want to have him on your bench and bring him in during the 2nd half at some point.

just my .02
Share 49ersWebzone