There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

Originally posted by rigs49:
Anybody going to miss the sounds of the vuvuzelas?

man HELL NO!
Originally posted by rigs49:
Anybody going to miss the sounds of the vuvuzelas?

Anyone going to miss pretending to give a s**t about South Africa?
  • Riot
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,474
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by rigs49:
Anybody going to miss the sounds of the vuvuzelas?

Anyone going to miss pretending to give a s**t about South Africa?

I cared more about South Africa when I watched District 9.
Originally posted by rigs49:
Anybody going to miss the sounds of the vuvuzelas?

I hope Fifa never holds another World Cup in Africa.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,789
Originally posted by Riot:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by rigs49:
Anybody going to miss the sounds of the vuvuzelas?

Anyone going to miss pretending to give a s**t about South Africa?

I cared more about South Africa when I watched District 9.

  • Riot
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,474
I love soccer but this picture is priceless:

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

read somewhere yesterday that dude will probably get 4 more years to see what he can do
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

read somewhere yesterday that dude will probably get 4 more years to see what he can do

Great players make bad coaches I don't know why
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,561
I think we can un-pin this now. Any last thoughts on the team you rooted for?

I was very encouraged and even surprised how well Portugals defense was. Especially for them with a history of wide open offense. Fabio Coentrao played lights out and is a superstar in the making.

Quieroz is being retained until the Euros. Until then he needs to make tweaks to the offense. Deco and Ricardo Carvalho ill most likely retire. Both have been class acts and really helped us out will on the squad. Especially Euro 04.

We have a youth influx coming in and the future is bright.
ghana coulda won the whole thing. that is all
Originally posted by NickV:
I think we can un-pin this now. Any last thoughts on the team you rooted for?

I was very encouraged and even surprised how well Portugals defense was. Especially for them with a history of wide open offense. Fabio Coentrao played lights out and is a superstar in the making.

Quieroz is being retained until the Euros. Until then he needs to make tweaks to the offense. Deco and Ricardo Carvalho ill most likely retire. Both have been class acts and really helped us out will on the squad. Especially Euro 04.

We have a youth influx coming in and the future is bright.

I thought the offensive gameplan was awful for Portugal. You gotta be able to come up with a goal against a different team than North Korea in a world cup w that kinda talent, thats kinda sad.

Spain is a stupid good defensive team, but comon Ronaldo couldn't even get the ball, and when he did it was two dribbles and fall down to try and get a free kick, there was no one there. That team has ridiculous potential, you need to get a new coach, and Nani back and with that D can be a force in the Euros and on to BRASIL14
i will bump this until 2014
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
ghana coulda won the whole thing. that is all

Originally posted by NickV:
I think we can un-pin this now. Any last thoughts on the team you rooted for?

I was very encouraged and even surprised how well Portugals defense was. Especially for them with a history of wide open offense. Fabio Coentrao played lights out and is a superstar in the making.

Quieroz is being retained until the Euros. Until then he needs to make tweaks to the offense. Deco and Ricardo Carvalho ill most likely retire. Both have been class acts and really helped us out will on the squad. Especially Euro 04.

We have a youth influx coming in and the future is bright.

Brazil had a good enough team to win the title. But it had it's fair share of problems. Dunga was not the great leader people thought him to be. He was alaways on the verge of exploding and that hurted the team when Holland scored an equalizer.

In the end, the team lacked the mental toughness to advance.

Now Brazil goes into rebuild mode. Few players of this squad will remain. Names that the world will soon come to know: Neymar, Paulo Henrique Ganso, Phillipe Coutinho (who just signed with Inter), Caio...

Time to wait and see. Should be exciting.
Good WC from Portugal but they need a consitent Striker, badly. I also think Joao Moutinhp and Tiago should get time in mid-filed over Deco, he's done at the international level.

USA looked good but they just don't have the talent to consitently compete at the top level. The top athletes in this country play football/baseball/basketball and even hockey over soccer. Until that changes I think they'll always be a third-tier team, at best a second-tier team.