LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Bigger Event?

Bigger Event?

Soccer being my 1A sport I feel like I'm biased saying the WC is a bigger event, so I wanna get an opinion from other sports fanatics.

Which one is the bigger sporting event? Feel free to say why.
Super Bowl
World Cup, it just has that vibe that's only matched by the Superbowl... except on a World Wide scale
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Super Bowl

GTFO
Originally posted by Conejo:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Super Bowl

GTFO

its prolly the world cup

Although the summer games do appeal to more people.
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Feb 11, 2010 at 12:29 PM ]
World Cup, easily...and I'm not a soccer fan.
World Cup by far
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
World Cup, easily...and I'm not a soccer fan.
Let me put it this way...

World Cup = Countries competing against each other in a sport that most of them care about A LOT.

Summer Olympics = Countries competing against each other in sports that they only give a s**t about for 3 weeks every 4 years.
  • Riot
  • Veteran

World Cup = Countries competing against each other in a sport that most of them care about A LOT.

Summer Olympics = Countries competing against each other in sports that they only give a s**t about for 3 weeks every 4 years.

This is the truth.

Depends on what you mean by bigger.

I believe winning a Gold Medal in the Olympics carries more prestige than winning the World Cup.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:

This is the truth.

And dont forget that soccer is also an Olympic event but those countries don't send their best players to the Olympics but rather they save them for the World Cup.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Depends on what you mean by bigger.

I believe winning a Gold Medal in the Olympics carries more prestige than winning the World Cup.

In a personal event like wrestling, yes, I would think winning a gold medal would be more prestigious.

But I would rather win the World Cup than win a gold medal in a team event.
Copa Mundial!
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by Riot:

This is the truth.

And dont forget that soccer is also an Olympic event but those countries don't send their best players to the Olympics but rather they save them for the World Cup.

Probably because World Cup = More Money

Correct me if I'm wrong, but teams get paid to play in the World Cup. Olympic teams do not.
Share 49ersWebzone