LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

If Canada plays anything like they did against the Russians, the USA won't have much of a chance. You guys might have a litle more speed up front and some absolutely sick goaltending, but we got we've got more size and skill in general.

I would expect to see a really hard and agressive Canadian forecheck. As long as your D is getting nailed everytime they try and play the puck out of the zone, there is no doubt in my mind Canada will have control over the game. Just my two cents though. I'm not saying you guys aren't a good team, it won't be an easy win.

USA USA USA
Aggressive ForeCheck right now by the US (been that way for much of the games)

Wonder how long that will last
AAAAAAAAAAnd that is a wrap.
See you all in 2 years for the real Olympics.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
No need to really lock the thread Esco, just ban that clown.

Normal American/Canadians should still be able to discuss that great game.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Michael Phelps!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Michael Phelps!

cosigned
I will say this: it was probably the best Winter Olympics ever, in terms of storylines and excitement.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Michael Phelps!

cosigned

It's not even that, I just don't really consider the Winter Olympics that competitive.

Summer Olympics is where it's at.

Julia Mancuso should have medalled thrice! Freakin Lindsey Vonn ruined that for her.

Still, two silvers ain't too shabby. Way to rep Lake Tahoe.

Michael Phelps!

cosigned

It's not even that, I just don't really consider the Winter Olympics that competitive.

Not competitive? You need to get into figure skating. Back when I was a little kid, that was the s**t.

Michael Phelps!

cosigned

Not competitive? You need to get into figure skating. Back when I was a little kid, that was the s**t.

I meant in terms of the number of countries involved.
Ok, now back to the NFL COMBINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• evil
  • Veteran
Esco I know you locked the other thread and rightfully so however if you don't mind I'd like to address this post

Originally posted by CanadaWins:
Typical American bulls**t. Unless you guys are on top you could care less. Trust me, you guys wanted this win. Now that you lost you act like a bunch of whinny b***hes that you are. Time and time again I have seen this from Americans.

Example, Big boxing fans, Lenox Lewis is number one, Americans could care less about boxing.

You guys are a bunch of spoiled b***hes.

All week I had to hear from Americans about how great they were. This and that. Well guess what, you lost.

As for the medal count, admit it, you lost that s**t to. Oh, bronze, so we are applauding mediocrity now. A third place finish doesn't even get you a conference championship in any other sport. Fourteen f**king gold medals. Most ever in the winter Olympics.

Since you are our toilet (which is much better burn that we are your hat), we just took a huge s**t on you and you guys looked up, opened your mouth and swallowed with pride.

See ya.

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
LMAO Canadians and their anger issues over American greatness. Who gives a s**t if you win medals in only the winter games. Its all you poor Canucks got. Your beer tastes like Heinekin gone rotten. Your football just sucks whos best players are NFL rejects. Any other sport thats not involing ice or snow you guys suck ass at. s**t even Mexico has 2 sports and they have a colorful culture while you guy not so much. Id also rather have a shot of tequilla and drink a corona than that skunk piss you call beer and that s**t you call whiskey.

Your both overblowing this s**t and making both Americans and Canadians alike look bad. I'm ashamed to see a Canadian respond so poorly and an American to trash us for no f**king reason and to generalize us all because of one post. You both did a great job of making yourselves look bad and have disrespected your fellow countrymen in the process. Whatever happened to partaking in a civil and fun trash talking game experience and just enjoying some of the finest hockey most of us have ever seen.

Both teams gave every last ounce on the ice and played with heart, soul and desire. Both teams deserve to be very proud of their play.

Again American fans, great game. Hold your heads high you played your asses off and I applaud your team

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Feb 28, 2010 at 18:12:33 ]
Share 49ersWebzone