LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs ?????? / March 13, 2010 @ MGM

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Sergio Martinez almost fu*ked Williams up a month ago.

Martinez, Williams ,Mosely or Berto.

Fighting Magalalalglagaaingi is a bit*h move.

He should fight Pac... but for some reason they didn't want the fight.

What? Arum and his boys had a fight and a venue set up within a day. Doesn't seem like they were too eager to fight Mayweather.
Ployd can fight this guy but chances are...he IS taking drugs.
I still haven't found out who FMJ's opponent is going to be in March. Ideally I think it should be Paul Williams despite the superior height advantage. Anyone else, and it's likely going to be a pillow fight at the MGM on March 13.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
boOooOOOO.. if it ain't pac.. it's not worth watching

Blame Arum... and Pac to an extent.

why blame them? (actual question)

to be honest i haven't read any articles regarding the subject in the past couple of weeks.. because i don't want to get caught up in the hype

in my heart i blame both parties.. if they really wanted to they could make this happen

to be honest i haven't read any articles regarding the subject in the past couple of weeks.. because i don't want to get caught up in the hype

in my heart i blame both parties.. if they really wanted to they could make this happen

Because both parties came in with a set of demands. When Floyd laid down his demand for olympic style testing, team Pac started making all sorts of lame excuses. From Pac's scared of needles (even though he has tattoos) to draining blood from Pac weakens him to he's superstitious about that s**t.

Floyd demanded random tests up until fight night. Now I could see how Pacquiao would oppose that. Roach, the guy that knows Manny better than anyone else(besides Manny himself), said Pac would need at least 5 days to recuperate. But either way, team Pac said no, no blood test.

Floyd demanded that the drug tests be done by USADA, the firm that takes care of Olympic testing. Team Pac wanted none of that. Then Floyd said fine, the NSAC (Nevada State Athletic something) can take care of the blood tests.

Then Pac team said, fine, we'll do it, but only up to 30 days before fight night. Team Mayweather stood their ground and said no. Then they went to a mediator and some how team Pacquiao and the mediator came up with 24 days. Floyd decided to meet them half way from their original date and said 14 days, a more than reasonable amount of days to recuperate from A TABLESPOON OF BLOOD.

Team Pac passed up the $40 million megafight for a very reasonable concession from Floyd.

Floyd didn't throw hissy fits over the glove size, or the ridiculous $10 million fine for every pound he comes overweight over 147. And he conceded quite a bit on his blood testing demands. He dropped USADA, he gave them 2 weeks without blood testing before fight night.

At the end, it was team Pac that didn't want the fight. Evidenced by their unwillingness to negotiate any further, and having a fight and a venue set up by the next day.
At least they saved my 60 dollars . I am not buying a Floyd setup again. The only floyd fight I will buy is if he fights The Pac Man
Originally posted by LB49ers:
At least they saved my 60 dollars . I am not buying a Floyd setup again. The only floyd fight I will buy is if he fights The Pac Man

You actuall pay to watch the fights!
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

I do, but I usually go to the bars. Pay a $10-15 cover charge.

well that's alot better, but $60 a fight no thank you! that's why it's nice to have friends who are bigger boxing fans then you are!

well that's alot better, but $60 a fight no thank you! that's why it's nice to have friends who are bigger boxing fans then you are!

haha i bet! too bad that doesn't apply to me. i'm the biggest sports fan out of all my friends

Mayweather vs. Mosley May 1st???

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/328100-mayweather-jr-to-face-shane-mosley-on-may-1st

Don't know how substantial the rumors are at this moment, but it'd be dope if it happened.

Of course the possibility of this match happening depends on the result of the Mosley-Berto fight.

Because both parties came in with a set of demands. When Floyd laid down his demand for olympic style testing, team Pac started making all sorts of lame excuses. From Pac's scared of needles (even though he has tattoos) to draining blood from Pac weakens him to he's superstitious about that s**t.

Floyd demanded random tests up until fight night. Now I could see how Pacquiao would oppose that. Roach, the guy that knows Manny better than anyone else(besides Manny himself), said Pac would need at least 5 days to recuperate. But either way, team Pac said no, no blood test.

Floyd demanded that the drug tests be done by USADA, the firm that takes care of Olympic testing. Team Pac wanted none of that. Then Floyd said fine, the NSAC (Nevada State Athletic something) can take care of the blood tests.

Then Pac team said, fine, we'll do it, but only up to 30 days before fight night. Team Mayweather stood their ground and said no. Then they went to a mediator and some how team Pacquiao and the mediator came up with 24 days. Floyd decided to meet them half way from their original date and said 14 days, a more than reasonable amount of days to recuperate from A TABLESPOON OF BLOOD.

Team Pac passed up the $40 million megafight for a very reasonable concession from Floyd.

Floyd didn't throw hissy fits over the glove size, or the ridiculous $10 million fine for every pound he comes overweight over 147. And he conceded quite a bit on his blood testing demands. He dropped USADA, he gave them 2 weeks without blood testing before fight night.

At the end, it was team Pac that didn't want the fight. Evidenced by their unwillingness to negotiate any further, and having a fight and a venue set up by the next day.

As knowledgeable and unbiased as you say you are, you're a Flomo and hater at best.
  • NinerDudeBrah
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

As knowledgeable and unbiased as you say you are, you're a Flomo and hater at best.

This
Originally posted by NinerDudeBrah:

This

In defense of silk you phil seem to have gone off the deep end from enjoying both fighters to getting obsessed with supporting Pac.

So explain the next day fight with Clottey? Explain his blatant disreguard for the public on the ROID issue. Explain your need to call Floyd childish names. Whats with the hate on his family? What you dont have family that is crazy? Haha Duckweather, Chicken and all that.

This is totally on Pacs ass. Sorry even if you think PBF is a punk he is not ducking this fight. I know phil you read the boxing news on the net. YOU SEE IT IN YO FACE. Manny ran like a b***h. PBF publicly commented on it. What was Pacs response. NOTHING! Thats bulls**t to me.

All you got is "We not gonna bow to the evil Floyd camp". Please than you boy got real gay wanting to sue for someone talking s**t about him.

Thanks for reading.

[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jan 18, 2010 at 10:52:41 ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by NinerDudeBrah:

This

In defense of silk you phil seem to have gone off the deep end from enjoying both fighters to getting obsessed with supporting Pac.

So explain the next day fight with Clottey? Explain his blatant disreguard for the public on the ROID issue. Explain your need to call Floyd childish names. Whats with the hate on his family? What you dont have family that is crazy? Haha Duckweather, Chicken and all that.

This is totally on Pacs ass. Sorry even if you think PBF is a punk he is not ducking this fight. I know phil you read the boxing news on the net. YOU SEE IT IN YO FACE. Manny ran like a b***h. PBF publicly commented on it. What was Pacs response. NOTHING! Thats bulls**t to me.

All you got is "We not gonna bow to the evil Floyd camp". Please than you boy got real gay wanting to sue for someone talking s**t about him.

Thanks for reading.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone