LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Mark McGwire Admits Steroids Usage

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
REALLY??!! The Hell you say??
why is it when mofo's do shiite but once caught they always come out and claim it was a "stupid mistake".
  • iohk
  • Veteran
sigh.. this dude is the reason why im a cards fan
I Don't Care. It wasn't against the rules so, I don't care.
Originally posted by BigRon:

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Baseball didn't make steroids against the rules until like 03.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:

I know I will take a lot of heat for this stance But. I don't care if McGwire or Bonds or Sosa or anyone else took Steriods prior to them being a banned substance by MLB. If the Owners and Upper Management were dumb enough to not ban a substance that was against the law when they knew about it in the 70's, the players ...can't be held responsible for using.

Taking steroids doesn't make you a consistent hitter. The strength to hit the ball over the fence as many times as they did, yes. But the talent to be able to hit a 95+ mile an hour pitch as often as they did is not thanks to steroids.
f**k him

I know I will take a lot of heat for this stance But. I don't care if McGwire or Bonds or Sosa or anyone else took Steriods prior to them being a banned substance by MLB. If the Owners and Upper Management were dumb enough to not ban a substance that was against the law when they knew about it in the 70's, the players ...can't be held responsible for using.

Taking steroids doesn't make you a consistent hitter. The strength to hit the ball over the fence as many times as they did, yes. But the talent to be able to hit a 95+ mile an hour pitch as often as they did is not thanks to steroids.

My thoughts exactly.
Originally posted by King49er:
f**k him

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by King49er:
f**k him

[ Edited by jrg on Jan 11, 2010 at 20:37:32 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by jrg:

It's still cheating, and I hope the Hall of Fame sends a message to the roiders and keeps 'em out.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

It's still cheating, and I hope the Hall of Fame sends a message to the roiders and keeps 'em out.

Technically, it wasn't cheating.

[ Edited by jrg on Jan 11, 2010 at 20:46:24 ]
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Technically, it wasn't cheating.

Technically, it wasn't against the rules. If it wasn't cheating, then there would be no reason to hide it and deny it.
Share 49ersWebzone