LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Mark McGwire Admits Steroids Usage

• BobS
  • Veteran
Wonder why he finally admitted it? Was this a PR move? His years and years of lying about it are what disgusts me, along with attacking people who knew the truth. Screw him, liars disgust me. Hope he never makes the hall and dies broke.
shouldn't he be subpoenaed by the government for lying to a grand jury.

his admission alone(knowingly) is a contradiction to what he said to the grand jury thus him committing perjury.
Originally posted by GEEK:
If McGwire was truly sorry for his actions, he'd request a * or removal of his record in the baseball record books.

Since he hasn't done that, he can take that apology and shove it up his ass.

why would he do that when everyone else in the record books probably used steroids as well. at least he admitted his usage and ppl can judge him however they want now.
  • Hollywoodmark23
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
Now if they could get Pujols to admit it

yes he's on it too!
Originally posted by BobS:
Wonder why he finally admitted it? Was this a PR move? His years and years of lying about it are what disgusts me, along with attacking people who knew the truth. Screw him, liars disgust me. Hope he never makes the hall and dies broke.

exactly, since he is now the Hitting Coach for the St Luis Cards. he would be hackled by reporters on daily bases on his steroid usage. this is a way to keep the media at bay.

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jan 11, 2010 at 15:21:37 ]
I want Palmeiro to come out and admit he too was on some kind of PED (not including Performance Enhanced Dick).
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I want Palmeiro to come out and admit he too was on some kind of PED (not including Performance Enhanced Dick).

Originally posted by BobS:

Pretty clearly a PR move to get into the hall. He already saw he has no chance unless he admits it and asks for forgiveness.
Damn, that's nuts that he just came out like that.
If McGwire was truly sorry for his actions, he'd request a * or removal of his record in the baseball record books.

what record are you talking about

his single season home run record

I used to wonder, "Could baseball POSSIBLY be anymore boring??" Now I know it will be without steroids.
ice is cold
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I used to wonder, "Could baseball POSSIBLY be anymore boring??" Now I know it will be without steroids.

1-0 games are way more fun to watch than 7-9 games.

McGwire and Costas live on MLB Network now
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

That actually belongs to someone named Barry Lamar Bonds. Heard of him?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

That actually belongs to someone named Barry Lamar Bonds. Heard of him?

In that case I'll get a 1998 baseball almanac and ask him to honor his 70 hr accomplishment by signing it with his own hand written asterisk.
Share 49ersWebzone