LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 256 users in the forums

***Unofficial Pacman vs Clottey***

Well, I'm tired of ppl posting this stuff on the Pac-Floyd posting, I'm actually excited about this bout, and Pacman may have a challenge in Clottey, especially since Clottey hasn't fought in a while since his fight was cancelled in December.

First, I like how they're going to fight in Dallas Stadium to test out the success for the future Mayweather vs Pacman bout.
[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4813862[/url]

Second, wanted to ask how everyone feels about Pacman actually defending his title against a "some-what" worthy opponent (I still feel a match with Mosely would've been more legit, but clottey is still a marquee name in the Welterweight ranks and better than what Floyd ever did)?

Also, if Mayweather ducks again, would the possibility of Pacman vs the winner of the Mosely/Berto match suffice, or should he try to move to another weight-class?

Can't wait for March 13th (my birthday weekend!!!!) and would love to see another Pacman beatdown!!!!
NICE!

This is a great matchup! I like this match as a statement to the duckboy floyd.

Clottey is no joke though. He's one tough s.o.b.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
NICE!

This is a great matchup! I like this match as a statement to the duckboy floyd.

Clottey is no joke though. He's one tough s.o.b.

LoL @ lack of responses for Pac vs. Clottey. Pac vs. Mayweather got everyone's undies in a bunch.

I agree with you that this should be another good match. I like that Pac didn't pu$$ out and fight some feather-fisted Malignaggi.

With Floyd set to fight on 3/13 at MGM, I truly wonder who he's going to pick as an opponent. Whoever it is, I think it's going to be hard for him to fight the equivalent of Clottey. Unless Moseley or Berto somehow want to fight again in 2 months against FMJ (highly unlikely), Floyd's going to have to again deal with the "ducker" label.

Seems like Pac and his team want the Clottey fight at 144 lbs. If this is true then --->

The Catchweight King's reign continues!

This is going to be a good fight. No walk in the park for Pac, that's for sure. IMO, I felt that Clottey beat Cotto in their fight.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Seems like Pac and his team want the Clottey fight at 144 lbs. If this is true then --->

Arum already got you beat.

Pacquiao vs. Clottey - No catch weight needed per Arum
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Arum already got you beat.

Pacquiao vs. Clottey - No catch weight needed per Arum

I said if this is true.

If not, than props to Pac.

Clottey already has enough trouble making 147 as it is. A weight-drained Clottey who is not known for having great stamina is an easy victory for Pac.
Bumping this thread b/c I refuse to see Mayweather's name above Pacman's
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

That's the only may Mayweather will top Pacman in anything...that and ducking legit fighters. Proof? I bet he won't demand extensive drug testing w/ any other fighter.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

That's the only may Mayweather will top Pacman in anything...that and ducking legit fighters. Proof? I bet he won't demand extensive drug testing w/ any other fighter.

His promoter has said he will.

Another way of saying Mayweather will retire again.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Another way of saying Mayweather will retire again.

i see
Hey all my Pacman ball lickers...

Seeing the last 2 Clottey fights I would give a rating of 6 outta 10. Pac being a 9.

I want to see if Roach can work with Manny on his defense against the jab.

Oh yea and I seriously doubt 2 fights will happen on the same day unless they are on the same PPV card. I would hate to have have to miss one . I would think the promoters would know that by having 2 fights on the same day will reduce the buys.

[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jan 11, 2010 at 22:24:03 ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Hey all my Pacman ball lickers...

Seeing the last 2 Clottey fights I would give a rating of 6 outta 10. Pac being a 9.

I want to see if Roach can work with Manny on his defense against the jab.

Oh yea and I seriously doubt 2 fights will happen on the same day unless they are on the same PPV card. I would hate to have have to miss one . I would think the promoters would know that by having 2 fights on the same day will reduce the buys.

To be fair to Golden Boy promotions. They've had that date circled on their calendar for a long time. It was originally set for the Roy Jones Jr. - Bernard Hopkins bout. But since Jones Jr. got beat bad just recently, that fight went out the window.
So much for the Pacman vs Clottey discussion, it's turned back into a debate about the undefeated ducker of all time, FMJ. Pathetic!
Share 49ersWebzone