There are 205 users in the forums

***Unofficial Pacman vs Clottey***

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
I have Presale Codes for Pac Clottey. PM me if you're serious about going.

u goin philly?

Apologize for the insult the other day. I read forums and comments at work and its been the same arguments over and over since November. Come home and it's the same ol' same ol'. s**ts wearing me out.

And yes sir, just bought my tickets yesterday. I was hooked up with a pre-sale Cowboys Club Seat code, but for some reason they didn't have any decently average seats. All they had were floor ringside ain't no way in hell I'm trying to pay $500 or $700 for something that ain't Manny/Floyd or Manny/Mosley.

Turns out Ticketmaster only holds a certain allotment for each presale code. I did the wise thing and waited for the general sale, and was able to get 2nd row right off of the floor for only $215. Gonna be hopping on my Priceline and Orbitz today to find me a package deal. This is one fight where I don't expect an early stoppage. Add to the fact that Mr. Plaster of Paris is fighting too. I'm hoping they load the undercard up. The better main events as of late have had some s**t ass undercards.

Excited.
Pacquiao using the conventional stance.
Pac Week 1
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Jan 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM ]
^^^Thanks for the video Phil

As much as Clottey does offer a different challenge, I think Pacman is gonna bring the same mindset he did against Cotto. One thing I worry about is Clottey has dealt with speed pretty well in previous matches, so Pacman's speed may not be an advantage. I'm hoping Pacman keeps strengthening his right hand so he keeps that 1-2-3 combo he executed perfectly on Hatton and Cotto.
Clottey's not a big puncher, so he's not knocking Pac out.

His stamina is lacking, so Pac will wear him out.

So basically you can pencil in Pac to take the later rounds. Clottey would need to win rounds 1-7 to have a chance at beating Pac.

Otherwise Pac will take a wide decision or maybe KO Clottey in the championship rounds.

So basically you can pencil in Pac to take the later rounds. Clottey would need to win rounds 1-7 to have a chance at beating Pac.

Otherwise Pac will take a wide decision or maybe KO Clottey in the championship rounds.

I think this too. Althou early on I think Clottey will take Pac's best punches. I think Pac will wear him down for a stoppage win.

Found a nice article on the fight:

Bleacherreport: Pac vs Clottey

Yea, I know it's bleacherreport, but the guy isn't too bad in his analysis and does give props to Clottey as a viable contender, though agrees with your assessment of his lack of power.

I like how the guy talks about Clottey's fighting stance as something Pacman hasn't really fought against. I still stand by my statement about if Pacman can keep improving his right to match his left, outside of a surprise left hook by clottey in rounds 1-5, expect Pacman to take it "handily"... LOL!!!
Man!

I'm REALLY jacked for this fight!

This is a quality matchup. The magnitude of this fight is underrated.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Man!

Is it true that Margarito is fighting in the undercard?

I wish they had the middleweight Daniel Jacobs fighting, but most likely only gonna fight in the Mosely-Mayweather undercard. This guy is just insane!
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Man!

I wish they had the middleweight Daniel Jacobs fighting, but most likely only gonna fight in the Mosely-Mayweather undercard. This guy is just insane!

If he gets his fighting license back, he'll definitely be on the undercard.
Man!

The Association of Boxing Commissions, (ABC) has denied taking an official position on the future licensing of Antonio Margarito. In a statement issued today, ABC President Tim Lueckenhoff said, “This is to clarify that the ABC has had no official contact with the Texas Boxing and Wrestling Commission. The ABC has not issued any correspondence in reference to this matter….It is true that the ABC Legal Committee held a conference call on Tuesday and discussed this matter along with other agenda items. The ABC may make an official comment on the licensure of Mr. Margarito in the very near future.” Top Rank is hoping to get Margarito licensed in Texas to appear on the blockbuster Pacquiao-Clottey card on March 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

He is supposed to fight a journey man type fighter named Carson Jones.

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Man!

The Association of Boxing Commissions, (ABC) has denied taking an official position on the future licensing of Antonio Margarito. In a statement issued today, ABC President Tim Lueckenhoff said, “This is to clarify that the ABC has had no official contact with the Texas Boxing and Wrestling Commission. The ABC has not issued any correspondence in reference to this matter….It is true that the ABC Legal Committee held a conference call on Tuesday and discussed this matter along with other agenda items. The ABC may make an official comment on the licensure of Mr. Margarito in the very near future.” Top Rank is hoping to get Margarito licensed in Texas to appear on the blockbuster Pacquiao-Clottey card on March 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

I thought it was up to the California commission to reinstate him?

I know any state can pretty much do what they want, but usually they are pretty good about honoring another state's ruling.

Who knows though, will just have too wait and see..
This thread = MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. I actually thought (and got excited) that there was a video game character from the 80's who was as lame as Pacman. I mean, who gets killed by a ghost who looks like s/he came from a special edition Lucky Charms box???
Man!

I know any state can pretty much do what they want, but usually they are pretty good about honoring another state's ruling.

I think that this is the major hold up. The Texas commission has been criticized in the past for allowing fighters with suspensions to fight there. There was a big deal made a few years back regarding a guy with 19 losses on his record fighting in an ESPN card. Teddy Atlas was critical of the commission allowing this guy to fight. He was suspended in California. He had been KO'd in his last 5 fights straight and his last fight was 3 weeks before. Anyways, the commissions have been trying to clean up their act a little bit. I think the Texas commission is trying to be extra careful because they want these type of mega fight events.
Man!

I think that this is the major hold up. The Texas commission has been criticized in the past for allowing fighters with suspensions to fight there. There was a big deal made a few years back regarding a guy with 19 losses on his record fighting in an ESPN card. Teddy Atlas was critical of the commission allowing this guy to fight. He was suspended in California. He had been KO'd in his last 5 fights straight and his last fight was 3 weeks before. Anyways, the commissions have been trying to clean up their act a little bit. I think the Texas commission is trying to be extra careful because they want these type of mega fight events.

It looks like he might not fight anytime soon.
The Association of Boxing Commissions today sent a letter to Dick Cole, head of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, informing Cole that the ABC is not in favor of suspended former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito being relicensed at this time “due to the seriousness of the violations surrounding the revocation of Mr. Margarito’s license by the CSAC [California State Athletic Commission],” although acknowledging that the Texas Combative Sports Program “would not be in violation of federal law should Margarito be relicensed after expiration of his current license issued by the CSAC.”
Pac in week 2 of training.

The last 10 seconds of the vid are hilarious.
Pac with Short Training Camp
Share 49ersWebzone