LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

Patrick Willis or Tim Lincecum?

Patrick Willis or Tim Lincecum?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Willis. He plays every game, Timmy only plays a 5th of them(obviously). Yeah he's a great pitcher but PWilly should probably be the DPOY if he was on a slightly better team. In NFL DPOY goes to a guy who has a great year on a great team(this year Woodson, last year I think it might've been Haynesworth?). In the MLB you can win a Cy Young without being on a team that made the playoffs(timmy last 2 years, Greinke). So I don't see how you can hold that against Willis. He plays every game for his team and he's the best defensive player in the NFL. I'd love to see what he could do if we got more creative with him, he's already good for like 3 sacks and 3 ints in a season. He could probably get 5 a piece if we got more creative with him. We need to use more blitzes up the middle with him.

except offense/defense includes 22 guys? And Willis is only a middle linebacker, so his impact on the game is limited. Maybe if he was QB you could argue that point. Lincecum pitches every fifth game, but his impact on the games he does pitch is astronomical.
Lincecum - even the people who don't follow sports closely know his name.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Whoever takes their team to the playoffs first.

Discussion ended.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Whoever takes their team to the playoffs first.

Discussion ended.

Freaky, I was just thinking of this thread earlier today too. Yeah, Lincecum owns San Francisco.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Freaky, I was just thinking of this thread earlier today too. Yeah, Lincecum owns San Francisco.

You could put a couple of Giants over P. Willie as much as it pains me to say.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

You could put a couple of Giants over P. Willie as much as it pains me to say.

Now you can for sure. Willis isn't having a great year, and we saw how the entire Giants' pitching staff took it to a legendary level to not only make the playoffs, but win the World Series. Then add Posey, Huff, Uribe, Renteria, etc., and Willis isn't looking very big these days.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 11, 2010 at 9:52 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lincecum - easily. If he had a pro-bowl QB who had won or came close to winning a MVP, then it would be the fair comparison.

A SP in baseball is way more important than a MLB on a NFL team. Willis doesn't even have a defensive MVP.
Lincecum- 1

Willis- 0
f**k I take back everything I said in this thread, Big Time Timmy Jim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Willis.

f**k I take back everything I said in this thread, Big Time Timmy Jim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Willis.

rofl
Only way Willis can take back the title now is if he leads a Ravenesque defense to a Superbowl championship or two.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

rofl

Laugh all you want, but BTTJ is the one with the trophy and the more important player. I WAS WRONG PEOPLE, I WAS f**kING STUPID. TIM LINCECUM+2010 GIANTS FOR THE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Only way Willis can take back the title now is if he leads a Ravenesque defense to a Superbowl championship or two.

This. Unfortunately, he is not or at least not seen, as a leader to the fans.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

This. Unfortunately, he is not or at least not seen, as a leader to the fans.

Of course not, that's not his personality, but he leads by example and everyone's very aware.
Share 49ersWebzone