There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Adam James is a p***y -- Leach fired

TTU suspends Leach indefinitely
Maybe Craig told him he was supposed to be getting paid.
Craig wants to take down his second NCAA program.

Quote:
Some former Tech players, who said they have been in contact with current Red Raiders and the coaching staff, questioned the validity of James’ complaint as well as his motives and intentions. They also said James has a reputation for being soft and somewhat of a prima donna.

“I think some people honestly are not tough enough to play college football, and (James) might be one of them, especially if he’s worried about being called out or humiliated,” Loper said. “… Sometimes that happens, especially at the collegiate level. It’s not like high school and Pop Warner, where everyone gets to play and gets a pat on the back. Sometimes coaches can be mean and yell.” -- Daniel Loper (Detroit Lions)

Wes Welker is gonna come out in support of Leach tomorrow.
I hear he has some choice words for the James family.
[ Edited by cestmoi on Dec 29, 2009 at 12:55 AM ]
Apparently Adam knew he was never going to get any real playing time at TTU, so he was trying to get released from his scholarship early so he could transfer out and get on another squad in time for spring. Leach said he had to wait til the end of the season like everyone else as is customary.

Adam isn't used to being told 'no' so he went to his dad who told he Leach he better, Leach stood his ground, and Craig is trying to take him down.

It has already come to light that Craig James lied about the rooms, he was in an equipment shed which was cool and dark, and the other supposed closet was an air conditioned corridor at the practice facility with doors on both ends.

Several high profile players have come out in Leach's support, and Adam James only has the support of a few current players on the team, mostly scout team guys who also feel they deserve more playing time.

Adam James is our Mitch Mustain, except instead of just having a whiny mom, he has a whiny b***h dad who has the influence to take down Leach.
Craig James is supposed to be calling the Alamo Bowl for ESPN.

Guess that ain't happening now ??
So should I still pick TTU to win their bowl game?
Craig James has been removed from the Alamo Bowl broadcast team, and I have no idea if Tech will still win.
Tech still has a lot more talent than MSU, but this is a big deal since Leach is the OC as well as the HC.

ESPN is going to take Craig James' side of the story until it is proven to be untrue. Once the egg hits Craig and Adam's face, they will simply stop reporting on the story, instead of explaining the truth.
Crazy stuff can't be doing that to dude with a concussion
Originally posted by lamontb:
Crazy stuff can't be doing that to dude with a concussion

What? Are you retarded?
He put him in a cool dark room so he wouldn't be bothered by the light, and he left a trainer there so he wouldn't sit down and fall asleep.
He then put him in an air conditioned corridor outside in the practice facility.
A doctor has already signed a statement saying that Leach's actions were in James' best interest.

ESPN is twisting the facts to protect their own (Craig James), most of what Craig has said has already been disproved.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
What? Are you retarded?
He put him in a cool dark room so he wouldn't be bothered by the light, and he left a trainer there so he wouldn't sit down and fall asleep.
He then put him in an air conditioned corridor outside in the practice facility.
A doctor has already signed a statement saying that Leach's actions were in James' best interest.

ESPN is twisting the facts to protect their own (Craig James), most of what Craig has said has already been disproved.

Actually watching the halftime of UCLA-Temple game and Doc Lou ripped "the player" a new one.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
What? Are you retarded?

Actually watching the halftime of UCLA-Temple game and Doc Lou ripped "the player" a new one.

Heh, that alone tells me that it's probably the coach's fault.
Quote:
FOX 26 Sports has obtained a copy of the e-mail written by Holgorsen.

"I am writing this letter on behalf of Mike Leach in regards to the Adam James situation," Holgorsen writes in his e-mail. "I was the inside receiver coach at Texas Tech when we made the decision (to) sign Adam James in January of 2007. Adam had no offers to play NCAA D1 football during and after his senior year. After a conversation between Coach Leach and Adam's father Craig, Coach Leach acquired a brief highlight tape of Adam and made the decision to take him as a scholarship student athlete.

"I was opposed to doing so in (the) belief he was not a D1 football player," Holgorsen writes in his e-mail. "Coach Leach overrode my opinion and Adam became a Red Raider. During the rest of my time at Texas Tech I was Adam's position coach where I always remained critical of Adam's ability to play at this level due to being lazy in not only the classroom but also in the offseason and during practice.

"Coach Leach was the one who kept saying he believed Adam would eventually contribute. Adam's teammates believed he was selfish and were constantly getting on him for lack of effort as they sensed entitlement on his part due to his father being a very good football player. Adam eventually ended up playing a little after I left due to his body type being able to do some TE (tight end) sets which consists of around 5-10 plays a game.

"Adam should be thankful for the opportunity to play at Texas Tech and for Mike Leach, who gave him the opportunity," Holgorsen writes. "In my opinion playing 5-10 plays a game in an outstanding offense is more than he would get at any other school in NCAA D1 football."

-- Dana Holgorsen, current OC at the U of Houston

Edit the cool dark room I was referring to is the equipment shed, it's the size of a garage. The so-called 'electrical closet' is actually the corridor outside of the practice facility where media conduct interviews after practices -- it's airconditioned and lit.
Craig James is talking out of his ass.
[ Edited by cestmoi on Dec 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM ]
This is absolute bulls**t.

First of all, I think Adam James is exaggerating the truth.

But more importantly, the suspension is out of line, whether or not what Adam James says is true. This is a guy who has had zero indiscretions in 10 years of coaching at Texas Tech. But when one student make an accusation, Leach is suspended immediately without due process.

Guilty until proven innocent...Texas Tech was a no-name program before Leach came along. They'd be making a huge mistake firing him now.

They should've let the investigation play out, then discipline Leach accordingly based on the the findings.
Well so why is Tex Tech trying to fire leach? They aren't going to get a better coach than him and what he supposedly did can't even be proven, not to mention the fact that if James really had a concussion and "couldn't be out in the light" it sounds to me like Leach did him a favor by puting him in a dark air conditioned room. If I were James I'd be humiliated by having my dad fight my battles for me just because he works at ESPN.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Well so why is Tex Tech trying to fire leach? They aren't going to get a better coach than him and what he supposedly did can't even be proven, not to mention the fact that if James really had a concussion and "couldn't be out in the light" it sounds to me like Leach did him a favor by puting him in a dark air conditioned room. If I were James I'd be humiliated by having my dad fight my battles for me just because he works at ESPN.

If I were James, I'd move out of Lubbock immediately. If Leach leaves, whether on his own or not, James might get murdered.