LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Adam James is a p***y -- Leach fired

I'm pretty sure Adam James will have transferred schools by next semester, for his own safety, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.

Why is TTU acting like this? The AD does not like Leach, and hasn't since he was hired.
Leach doesn't fit the Texas Good Ol' Boy image, and rubs the fat cats who run the school the wrong way, but I never imagined they'd want to push him out. Leach put Tech on the map!

Quote:
Former Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell - "When he talked to young players or players that were usually on the scout he would explain how the coaches were not fair to certain players and only played favorites. When he talked to players that did get some playing time he would talk about how we didn’t really have to do what the coaches asked of us because the coaches had to play us anyway. Adam was a kid that seemed like he had been given everything he wanted his whole life and acted like if things did not go exactly how he wanted someone was treating him unfairly or someone needed to be blamed for his failures. He was a selfish player on and off the field that was counter-productive for our team and would be for any other team."
[ Edited by cestmoi on Dec 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I love how Tech guys are trying to tear this kid down to defend your coach, or soon to be ex-coach. He probably is an entitled spoiled jerk. That has nothing to do with this situation though. You can call a shed a garage all you want, bottom line is he should have been in some sort of medical facility. With all the attention concussions have gotten so recently, only an idiot would do what Leach did knowing full well his dad is a major player in the biggest sports media conglomerate around. All the ex players and coaches can defend him until the cows come home and it won't make a bit of difference, Craig James is a media guy and in case you haven't noticed those guys stick together. Right or wrong doesn't matter, it's about perception.
As for the school, I do believe they have acted too hastily and it's pretty obvious they want Leach gone. I believe they never wanted him back last year but caved to the local pressure, likely with the idea that they would can him first chance they got so as to appease the local yokels in Lubbock. What puzzles me is where TTU got this ego that they think they are historically good enough to get rid of the only good coach they've ever had. This will guarantee they don't attract a good one when Leach is gone. Hope you guys enjoyed your brief stint as a decent team because it's back to the basement for you.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I love how Tech guys are trying to tear this kid down to defend your coach, or soon to be ex-coach. He probably is an entitled spoiled jerk. That has nothing to do with this situation though. You can call a shed a garage all you want, bottom line is he should have been in some sort of medical facility. With all the attention concussions have gotten so recently, only an idiot would do what Leach did knowing full well his dad is a major player in the biggest sports media conglomerate around. All the ex players and coaches can defend him until the cows come home and it won't make a bit of difference, Craig James is a media guy and in case you haven't noticed those guys stick together. Right or wrong doesn't matter, it's about perception.
As for the school, I do believe they have acted too hastily and it's pretty obvious they want Leach gone. I believe they never wanted him back last year but caved to the local pressure, likely with the idea that they would can him first chance they got so as to appease the local yokels in Lubbock. What puzzles me is where TTU got this ego that they think they are historically good enough to get rid of the only good coach they've ever had. This will guarantee they don't attract a good one when Leach is gone. Hope you guys enjoyed your brief stint as a decent team because it's back to the basement for you.

your dislike of Tech is blinding you.
No he shouldn't. He was already checked out by the trainers and team doctors, they said he was fine to be on the field, but coach put him out of the light so he wouldn't complain.
If a player has an injury at TTU they still have to practice .... guys with shoulder injuries still have to run, guys with leg injuries have to do upper body exercises, guys don't just get to sit and rest.
So coach made sure Adam James stayed on his feet somewhere the light would not bother him. Players with minor injuries don't get to take vacations. Considering that James is an entitled slacker, he just used this as an excuse to complain to daddy.
Leach's torture chamber

local yokels? why the shots at Lubbock? What year did you graduate from UT? Or are you just another drop-out that bought a burnt orange shirt at walmart?
[ Edited by cestmoi on Dec 30, 2009 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by cestmoi:

No he shouldn't. He was already checked out by the trainers and team doctors, they said he was fine to be on the field, but coach put him out of the light so he wouldn't complain.
If a player has an injury at TTU they still have to practice .... guys with shoulder injuries still have to run, guys with leg injuries have to do upper body exercises, guys don't just get to sit and rest.
So coach made sure Adam James stayed on his feet somewhere the light would not bother him. Players with minor injuries don't get to take vacations. Considering that James is an entitled slacker, he just used this as an excuse to complain to daddy.
Leach's torture chamber

local yokels? why the shots at Lubbock? What year did you graduate from UT? Or are you just another drop-out that bought a burnt orange shirt at walmart?

Well that's not necessary.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Leach's torture chamber

I don't hate TTU, they don't matter enough to hate, like any program with no history and a 1 year blip of playing with the big boys. Local yokels isn't a shot at Lubbock, just a phrase, don't get your panties in a bunch (too late). We've had the talk about where I went to college before, remember I didn't have mommy and daddy to pay for me so I went in the military and went to schools on base on my dime when I wasn't being deployed. So you can save the character assasination attempts on me.
Now back to the original story, again James's character means jack s**t here, the coach made a stupid decision and now has to deal with it. He obviously saw a lot of James' dad, knew who he was, and unless he's complete moron, knew that anything relating to him would end up on Sportscenter. The smart thing to do, since the kid apparently was a meaningless player, would have been to just send him away from the facility to maybe, I don't know, a hopsital, just to be covered. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is. Leach should have been smart enough to see this coming, he either wasn't or wants out. Being that this actually happened 2 weeks ago and they just now suspended, it's pretty obvious what the school intends to do, they're trying to ruin this guy so they can justify canning him, the James' are just the vehicle, trashing them does nothing.
You're right i'm sorry i overreacted. It's a natural reaction when your up and coming program is about to come apart.Adam James is still a b***h though for running to his dad.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
You're right i'm sorry i overreacted. It's a natural reaction when your up and coming program is about to come apart.Adam James is still a b***h though for running to his dad.

Don't sweat it, I'd be upset to, the school is acting very, very stupidly in respect to the future of it's program. Now I don't think James "ran to his dad". He got hurt and and then just told his dad, who I'm sure had questions afterwards like any parent would. As an ex college athlete I'm sure James knows what should and shouldn't happen and fully understands the toughening up aspect in sports, this obviously doesn't fit or it wouldn't be getting the attention it is, esp with the concussion being the hot button of the year. If James really wanted to screw the guy this story could have been reported immediately, it wasn't, he did what I would have done, went to the school in private and is hardly using his position, he's simply answering questions at this point. Again, when simplified the story is college kid gets concussion, coach has him put in a shed. Anyone can see how that is going to look, details don't matter, the damage is already done.
OK, I'm gonna put a hit out on anyone with the surname 'James'

Leach fired
OK, I'm gonna put a hit out on anyone with the surname 'James'

Leach fired

WHAT THE FUUUUCK!!!

Good job Tech, way to get rid of the best thing that has ever happened to your football program. Oh, and you fired him based on one kid's allegations, with no investigation and no previous indiscretions from Leach.

Goodbye Leach, good luck wherever you coach next, it's obvious that the Texas Tech administration never wanted you in the first place.

Tech is going to get blown out in their bowl game, and then the real fire is going to rain down.

I'm sorry, but this is an absolute travesty and an appalling state of events to say the least.

No due process -- simply unacceptable.
Anyone want an Alamo Bowl ticket?
Anyone want an Alamo Bowl ticket?

I'd take it, just to hear the boo birds when Adam James steps on the field. It will be epic.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Really ripping Leach and belittling TTU at the same time on Cowherd. This would really get your blood boiling. It's pretty funny. I bet he's really wishing he'd taken that Washington job now. Now some no name school will be getting a pretty good coach.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tech is going to get blown out in their bowl game, and then the real fire is going to rain down.

I'm sorry, but this is an absolute travesty and an appalling state of events to say the least.

No due process -- simply unacceptable.

hmm... I'm not s sure. The way I see it James is spoiled brat who may or may not have been mistreated. He complained, TT decided they had to do an investigation.

There is no way TT could brush aside such a complaint like that.

But then TT decided to suspend Leach. Not sure how neccessary that is unless they were concered he was a continuing danger to his players (and I think he wasn't).

So then Leach got all pissed and wanted to make a big fight about it. TT got even more pissed and fired him.

So yeah, the way I see it is one big pissing match between AD and the coach.

And I think its really sad some TT fans are saying things like James is going to get murdered or whatever...
Share 49ersWebzone