There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best NBA Throwbacks?

Hands down the Warriors City jersey or the Magic black pinstripe jerseys. Not even close.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by teeohh:
baby blue anything

Really now? The best college basketball program wears baby blue!

word

as long as you're not talking about ucla we're cool

f**k UCLA its all about UNC!
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by teeohh:
baby blue anything

Really now? The best college basketball program wears baby blue!

word

as long as you're not talking about ucla we're cool

f**k UCLA its all about UNC!

Is it?




UCLA like a Bruin
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by teeohh:
baby blue anything

Really now? The best college basketball program wears baby blue!

word

as long as you're not talking about ucla we're cool

f**k UCLA its all about UNC!

Is it?

Yessir! It most definitely is!



so money.
First of all . . . the Magic? Please. A franchise needs to be around at least 35 years before it can start using throwbacks.

And talking about teal and magenta for the Spurs is irrelevant since we're talking about jerseys. Besides, who really has anything bad to say about the Spurs jersey? Silver, black, and white, no gimmicky cursive writing. Classic, bold, understated, always in style.

Anyway, best throwback? Warriors "the city" unis.
Originally posted by dobophile:
First of all . . . the Magic? Please. A franchise needs to be around at least 35 years before it can start using throwbacks.

And talking about teal and magenta for the Spurs is irrelevant since we're talking about jerseys. Besides, who really has anything bad to say about the Spurs jersey? Silver, black, and white, no gimmicky cursive writing. Classic, bold, understated, always in style.

Anyway, best throwback? Warriors "the city" unis.

haha alright thats fair, i still wanna see it though just to remember how much i hated that court...

that was really the starting point for me as a Spur hater. I mean the fact that your team was the dynasty during my first years as a TRUE basketball fan and you guys constantly taking the west from us with the most dull and boring team known to man takes a back seat to your old court, The teal and magenta was the true spawn of my hatred.



edit*



haha alright, maybe it wasnt their jerseys but its a throwback logo, but i cant dog Robinson. He is still one of my favorite players. And i didnt know they threw orange in the mix.

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Dec 4, 2009 at 00:12:33 ]
^Believe me, there were many Spurs fans who hated the Fiesta colors. They infected the warmups, which was bad enough. And the court looked like a pile of vomit after a night of drinking margaritas and various fruity beverages.

The stupidest thing the Spurs do is the Hispanic Los Spurs uni. First, it's not like the normal uni has the word "the" in it. Second, it's not like there isn't a Spanish word fir "spurs." Third, the "los" looks totally awkward and off-kilter, like they just slapped it on. It kinda reminds me of that Chris Farley bit as El Nino, which is Spanish for The Nino.
Originally posted by dobophile:
^Believe me, there were many Spurs fans who hated the Fiesta colors. They infected the warmups, which was bad enough. And the court looked like a pile of vomit after a night of drinking margaritas and various fruity beverages.

The stupidest thing the Spurs do is the Hispanic Los Spurs uni. First, it's not like the normal uni has the word "the" in it. Second, it's not like there isn't a Spanish word fir "spurs." Third, the "los" looks totally awkward and off-kilter, like they just slapped it on. It kinda reminds me of that Chris Farley bit as El Nino, which is Spanish for The Nino.

I cant standdd those Los jerseys, for any team. I haven't seen the spurs ones in particular, but all the teams just put a LOS in front of any mascot and hope it fits, and it rarely does. Do they really need to reach out to the hispanic market so badly that they are willing to sacrifice style, attractiveness, and pride?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,129
Oklahoma City Thunders - no question about it.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,129
By the way JRG, those Orlando Magic uniforms look like two things:

1. Children jerseys that you buy from Disney Land.

2. Adult pedophile jerseys that you go to Disney Land to hit on kids that want to buy those jerseys.
Washington Bullets
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,083
No homerism here :


















These




or




These