There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Manny vs Mayweather ??

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Please. PBF has been ducking Pac for years, now we are supposed to be impressed because hes running his mouth on twitter?
And yes, this is all posturing from both sides.

Yeah, sure. Just like when Manny didn't want to take the blood test because he's "scared of needles".
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Yeah, sure. Just like when Manny didn't want to take the blood test because he's "scared of needles".

I will agree that the afraid of needles thing was crap, but it also wasn't as big of an issue as it was made out to be. It had more to do with they just wasn't going to bow down to PBF's ridiculous demands and take Olympic style blood tests. Why should he have when that is not required in boxing? That's ridiculous to have some fighter accuse another of PED's with absolutely no shred of evidence and then demand he take a blood test that is not even mandatory. It was just PBF's way of dodging the fight because he knew they wouldn't agree to it. By the way, Pac's camp said they would have given blood right after the fight, but that wasn't good enough for PBF.
all hype.. it's gonna happen though.. and i'm kinda scared for manny.. his last fight had me worried
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
all hype.. it's gonna happen though.. and i'm kinda scared for manny.. his last fight had me worried

Yeah, the Marquez fight was not very encouraging. Word is he is not taking his training very seriously lately and is enjoying the good life a little too much. Or at least that was the rumor.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,612
Who gives a rats azz about Floyd's desperation act! All of the sudden he is going to jail and now he want's to fight! Who are you to call out the shots! This isn't your paid camp kissing your azz! You are a nobody! Pac is the real Money Maker, International Champ! I lost all respect when you went undefeated against your fiance and your kids! Then you go on HBO to supposively pay respect to the troops and all you did was brag! I could careless if the fight ever happens. I watch boxing cause I like boxing. There are plenty of opponents for Pac without this drama.
I just want to see both fighters come in their best shape, put on a great fight and someone get knocked out in the 12th! BOXING NEEDS THIS! And i'd be rooting for MONEY MAY!
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,849
From Manny's official website.

"To all of my fans…Mayweather just needs to agree to and accept a 50 percent split, and if he does, then the fight will go through. He's the one who needs to agree,"

"He's the one who has to say yes. The reason is because he talks to a lot of people. He has a lot of representatives. If he takes the fight, he can make $50-to-60 million. That's how much he can make."

"I want to fight him. This is the fight the world wants. Mayweather wants a guaranteed purse, so what he has to do is get a promoter who can give him the guarantee," said Pacquiao.

"I don't have problems getting a guarantee because I have a promoter who will give me my guaranteed purse. If he gets a guarantee, then we are going to share the revenue on a 50-50 basis."

http://www.mp8.ph/news/official-statement-to-his-fans-i-will-fight-may-5th-3/13062
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
all hype.. it's gonna happen though.. and i'm kinda scared for manny.. his last fight had me worried

he prolly knew marquez couldn't hurt him... made the fight look like he could be beatable to ploy mayweather into a fight.
i'm sure if the fight ever happens both would be in their best shape.
i won't believe this fight is gonna happen until i hear the bell ring.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
all hype.. it's gonna happen though.. and i'm kinda scared for manny.. his last fight had me worried

he prolly knew marquez couldn't hurt him... made the fight look like he could be beatable to ploy mayweather into a fight.
i'm sure if the fight ever happens both would be in their best shape.

Lulz.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
all hype.. it's gonna happen though.. and i'm kinda scared for manny.. his last fight had me worried

he prolly knew marquez couldn't hurt him... made the fight look like he could be beatable to ploy mayweather into a fight.
i'm sure if the fight ever happens both would be in their best shape.

Lulz.
Originally posted by Amir:
From Manny's official website.

"To all of my fans…Mayweather just needs to agree to and accept a 50 percent split, and if he does, then the fight will go through. He's the one who needs to agree,"

"He's the one who has to say yes. The reason is because he talks to a lot of people. He has a lot of representatives. If he takes the fight, he can make $50-to-60 million. That's how much he can make."

"I want to fight him. This is the fight the world wants. Mayweather wants a guaranteed purse, so what he has to do is get a promoter who can give him the guarantee," said Pacquiao.

"I don't have problems getting a guarantee because I have a promoter who will give me my guaranteed purse. If he gets a guarantee, then we are going to share the revenue on a 50-50 basis."

http://www.mp8.ph/news/official-statement-to-his-fans-i-will-fight-may-5th-3/13062

So, what happened to Manny willing to take less $$$$ to make the fight happen? Changed his mind, sounds like.

In any case, FMJ should accept it. 50/50 Split is fair and this is the super fight the public wants to see. He'd be foolish to pass up tens of millions of dollars. But if his unblemished record is more important than that huge payday, then this fight will never happen and he's the one who should mostly be blamed for it.
Moneymay just posted on FB that he already has guaranteed money and pac is lying
Originally posted by maximill15:
Moneymay just posted on FB that he already has guaranteed money and pac is lying

so we'll have a fight this cinco de mayo?
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Moneymay just posted on FB that he already has guaranteed money and pac is lying

so we'll have a fight this cinco de mayo?


We'll have a fight most def...they bought out the garden specifically for that day.

WTF though with these guys.This buildup is killing the momentum.