LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Why you mad doe? Why do MMA fans gotta be gay? Why do boxers fail when they talk s**t about MMA then get their ass handed to them in an MMA fight (Toney vs. Couture)?

I guarantee you that s**t loads of boxing fans are MMA fans as well.

But you're right....let's just get back to Manny/Mayweather.

my bad homie. just got riled up. I meant no disrespect. Boxing is boxing and UFC is UFC. Apples and Oranges.

my bad Okd.

It's all good, bruh. I know you man, and you're real passionate about boxing. But you're right. Apples and Oranges.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
It's all good, bruh. I know you man, and you're real passionate about boxing. But you're right. Apples and Oranges.

good. now stfu and text me more pics of hot asian chicks.

good. now stfu and text me more pics of hot asian chicks.

lulz, there's a couple, but it's kinda blurry and it's just me dancing with them. I'll get more once I go back.
Originally posted by Fricker:
???? Spike Cancelling the UFC Reality TV show?? Yea you have been misinformed.. UFC got a deal with fox, and as part of that deal with Fox, their Sister channel FX is taking over the Reality show The Ultimate Fighter.. So you can sit here and talk all this nonsense about UFC on the Decline but its actually going up. The dumbest thing i have heard any of yall talk about is comparing how much they make to how successful the sport is.. Soo Because baseball players make more money than any other sport they are the best sport? if thats the case maybe you should leave this forum and join a baseball one instead.

UFC doesnt even have to have an amazing card to sell. Boxing on the other hand, if its not a top name it goes to Showtime because they know they wouldnt be able to sell. UFC has PPVs 1 time sometimes 2 times a month, boxing like every 4 months, its because they dont have enough people that are going to draw.

Either way thats not why im here. Lets talk about Manny ducking Mayweather.. Mayweather has called Manny out on Youtube, Twitter etc.. and hes scared pretty safe to say this fight is never gonna happen.

And as Roach said, PBF has been ducking Pac for 2 years now, so I don't put too much stock into PBF's BS right now. Apparently Pac/Arum will decide in the next 48 hrs if he will fight PBF. I am not going to get my hopes up.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
And as Roach said, PBF has been ducking Pac for 2 years now, so I don't put too much stock into PBF's BS right now. Apparently Pac/Arum will decide in the next 48 hrs if he will fight PBF. I am not going to get my hopes up.

I think most people will now agree that Arum is the main reason why this fight hasn't happened. I'm tired of all this s**t. Arum/Manny/Floyd need to STFU and make this s**t happen.
I think most people will now agree that Arum is the main reason why this fight hasn't happened. I'm tired of all this s**t. Arum/Manny/Floyd need to STFU and make this s**t happen.

Yup. Pac needs to stand up to Arum and tell him who he is going to fight next. Although that doesn't seem to be his strong suit. He still has that douche Michael Koncz around as his advisor. The guy should have been canned long ago.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Fricker:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
UFC is on the decline again ala the late nineties

Reason being, alot of rolling on the floor and low pay.
Low pay means just flavor of the month names , pretty much just pit fighting on PPV.....which is cool and cheap for Dana, but pretty soon,
everyone is going to be like ''wtf is this guy?''

Don't believe me? Then why did Spike tv cancel to renew UFC's reality show ?
Why are guys quitting the UFC yearly like hotcakes?

I like both boxing and mma , but boxing is more tolerable.

???? Spike Cancelling the UFC Reality TV show?? Yea you have been misinformed.. UFC got a deal with fox, and as part of that deal with Fox, their Sister channel FX is taking over the Reality show The Ultimate Fighter.. So you can sit here and talk all this nonsense about UFC on the Decline but its actually going up. The dumbest thing i have heard any of yall talk about is comparing how much they make to how successful the sport is.. Soo Because baseball players make more money than any other sport they are the best sport? if thats the case maybe you should leave this forum and join a baseball one instead.

UFC doesnt even have to have an amazing card to sell. Boxing on the other hand, if its not a top name it goes to Showtime because they know they wouldnt be able to sell. UFC has PPVs 1 time sometimes 2 times a month, boxing like every 4 months, its because they dont have enough people that are going to draw.

Either way thats not why im here. Lets talk about Manny ducking Mayweather.. Mayweather has called Manny out on Youtube, Twitter etc.. and hes scared pretty safe to say this fight is never gonna happen.

Yeah

that's what I said.

and what I said

is also stated
HERE
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/18/ultimate-fighter-canceled/
It's official: UFC is moving to Fox and FX, with Spike TV canceling its long-running reality hit The Ultimate Fighter.
Yeah

that's what I said.

and what I said

is also stated
HERE
It's official: UFC is moving to Fox and FX, with Spike TV canceling its long-running reality hit The Ultimate Fighter.

Technically what you were saying was right, but what you were insinuating was not. Spike was not cancelling TUF due to a decline in UFC poplularity, but rather bacause the UFC moved over to Fox, which is affiliated with FX. The fact they signed a lucrative deal with Fox goes directly against your assertion that it is declining.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Technically what you were saying was right, but what you were insinuating was not. Spike was not cancelling TUF due to a decline in UFC poplularity, but rather bacause the UFC moved over to Fox, which is affiliated with FX. The fact they signed a lucrative deal with Fox goes directly against your assertion that it is declining.

Yeah, I was trying to find his logic on that one. They signed a mega deal with a mega broadcaster to fulfill the growing demand. That was clear.

Yeah

that's what I said.

and what I said

is also stated
HERE

It's over dude.

That reality show was going south fast . All they did was prank each other, joke around, taunt each other , then have a fight.
The fighters were farmed by Dana to fight in PPV's like pit bulldogs, for pennies, because it was cheaper for Dana. When that revamped Fox show fails,
the reality fighters will die out eventually in the PPV's.
In other words IMO UFC needs that reality show in order to stay relevant in the real sports world.

Otherwise is just ,''Oh, Dbag McCLure is the new Heavyweight champ? .....meh.''
It's over dude.

That reality show was going south fast . All they did was prank each other, joke around, taunt each other , then have a fight.
The fighters were farmed by Dana to fight in PPV's like pit bulldogs, for pennies, because it was cheaper for Dana. When that revamped Fox show fails,
In other words IMO UFC needs that reality show in order to stay relevant in the real sports world.

Thats fine and I somewhat agree, but its not over though, nor do I agree that UFC needs TUF. Maybe early on, but not now. TUF may very well fizzle out, but my money is on it happening once the whole reality craze dies down. It it was not cancelled due to dying popularity. But I digress, we are getting off topic of Pac and PBF.
It's over dude.

Thats fine and I somewhat agree, but its not over though, nor do I agree that UFC needs TUF. Maybe early on, but not now. TUF may very well fizzle out, but my money is on it happening once the whole reality craze dies down. It it was not cancelled due to dying popularity. But I digress, we are getting off topic of Pac and PBF.
back on topic , well .....

King Serg' called out both of these pussbags and neither wants any piece.

Manny and PBF are quasi retired with skills.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
back on topic , well .....

King Serg' called out both of these pussbags and neither wants any piece.

Manny and PBF are quasi retired with skills.

King Serg should fight Cotto. Arum's b***h ass probably won't let that happen.
The latest from Manny's camp.... they are waiting for a new, bigger boxing arena in Vegas to be built? It's fits about twice as many people as MGM... This should garner about another $10 million in ticket revenue.

A new excuse. How the hell have we not heard about this until NOW? Manny's camp never brought this up before... The excuses are comical now. They claim the arena should be done in late May and they can possibly fight then. Yeah right. Also, the purse splitting is still an issue. Bottom line, this fight is not going to happen
Share 49ersWebzone