There are 193 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ricky Rubio is staying in Spain

  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
"After endless comings and goings, Ricky Rubio is finally where he is. After many speculations about its future, the player decided to put an end to the issue of their transfer and will be announced at DKV Joventut, where he still has two more years of contract.



lol, this guy is the Crabtree of the NBA draft

I don't think these reports are true at all, Ricky is just posturing to get a better buyout deal.
why do these f**kers enter the draft
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
At least Ricky's situation makes more sense than Crabtree's.

He has to buy his way out of DKV Joventut for 5.75 million Euro ($8.08 million) just to enter the NBA. You can't blame him for trying to figure out ways to do so. He wanted to go to a big market team in the draft so that he could get sufficient endorsements to cover the buyout cost.

Crabtree is just greedy.
he said he wants to go to a team with a big city or something like LA NY etc.
Tricky Ricky strikes again.


I can't say I blame him for staying in Spain- those women are gorgeous- but to enter the draft hoping to only land in a few of the cities is weak. Reminds me of Elway and the Colts & Eli and the Chargers. (2 people I will never respect despite their accomplishments.)
Where did you hear this from? This is kind of a shocker.... but than again I shouldn't be shocked. I remember reading something that said an NBA team can only pay up to $500,000 to buyout a player from a different league.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by schmons:
Where did you hear this from? This is kind of a shocker.... but than again I shouldn't be shocked. I remember reading something that said an NBA team can only pay up to $500,000 to buyout a player from a different league.

http://www.canishoopus.com/2009/8/7/981594/ricky-rubio-final-decision
Can Is Hoop US?
BTW, do you think that sweet ass mist swoosh is part of a company ad?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
BTW, do you think that sweet ass mist swoosh is part of a company ad?

No, that's one of his skills. Duh.
Sounds like maybe the Kings knew what they were doing after all.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Sounds like maybe the Kings knew what they were doing after all.

They picked the rookie of the year.
He looks like a transvestite anyway. Is he the next Rodman?
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Sounds like maybe the Kings knew what they were doing after all.

They picked the rookie of the year.

Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
He looks like a transvestite anyway. Is he the next Rodman?