LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Official 2009 Gold Cup

well i honestly didn't think the game was going to be a blowout on anyones side.Dos Santos better be the MVP
is mexico playing with their A team?
Originally posted by WestCoast:
is mexico playing with their A team?

naw. About 3 players in the A team which only one starts. The rest are from their second and 3rd team.
great win for mexico but now on to the real important game where it really, really matters.
meh, the US is playing with all their scrubs
Congrats to the U.S. for reaching two finals in one month. It's a really good feeling after not winning in the U.S. for 10+ years and now we do it with a big win, but now lets focus our shift to the game that really matters. I prefer this young Mexican team over the veteran team. But we cant play the U.S. A-team with our youngsters.
Viva Mexico Cabrones!

Congrats to the US team. They played with alot of heart till the end. Both teams played with basically their next generation players. I see good things for both teams.
i thought that the US would win but I give Mexico credit for fighting thru their poor start
in this tournament.
hmm, there are some posters missing after the game...interesting.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
All it proves is that the Mexico scrub team is better than the USA srcrub team

Don't the A-TEams play each other next month in the world cup qualifers?
Originally posted by crzy:

yup.

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by crzy:

yup.

Yeah, that ones' the real deal, but damn, 5-0?

That's an asswhippin.
Great win for Mexico, they had some players with experience while the US put this team together in 4 weeks, not to mention the GK was inserted into the lineup on Thursday last week August 12 should be interesting.
  • dman
  • Veteran

Good 2nd half from Mexico. The US goalkeeper play was just ridiculous. He looked like a JC goalie chasing the ball all over the box, and being caught completely out of position.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Good 2nd half from Mexico. The US goalkeeper play was just ridiculous. He looked like a JC goalie chasing the ball all over the box, and being caught completely out of position.

This is what happens when you insert a GK in the last week of tourney play.
Share 49ersWebzone