LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Official 2009 Gold Cup

Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Also, i do not know why Sabbah is even on the team.

wtf? Are you serious with that comment? He's the best mexican scorer right now. That's why.

There are better options than him to play the style we have right now. This isn't exactly the same team we had with a lot of precision passing and centers than before. We are trying to be more vertical and go more with the long balls and he isn't that kind of forward.

sabah was one of the top goal scorers in the liga thats why. earned it in a way but he sucks

I know he had a great season but so many players do also and don't get to make it in the selecion. You have to build a team that plays together in a similar way and not get one player who doesn't fit it. When borgetti was on the team, we had a team that was built to play to his style and do a lot of centers. We never made him run on through passes or let him create for himself. The team right now like i said does not look be like that and is more a long ball team.
our biggest problem is our midfield. Vela as you know has been successful at Arsenal from other players creating for him, Vela is a great finisher, he needs a greedy midfield that can play up the gut. creat through ball opportunities. the way we play right now is trash.
we absolutely need to move on from torrado and Pavel.
[ Edited by SFCH3DDERZ on Jul 11, 2009 at 6:53 PM ]

wtf? Are you serious with that comment? He's the best mexican scorer right now. That's why.

There are better options than him to play the style we have right now. This isn't exactly the same team we had with a lot of precision passing and centers than before. We are trying to be more vertical and go more with the long balls and he isn't that kind of forward.

sabah was one of the top goal scorers in the liga thats why. earned it in a way but he sucks

I know he had a great season but so many players do also and don't get to make it in the selecion. You have to build a team that plays together in a similar way and not get one player who doesn't fit it. When borgetti was on the team, we had a team that was built to play to his style and do a lot of centers. We never made him run on through passes or let him create for himself. The team right now like i said does not look be like that and is more a long ball team.
our biggest problem is our midfield. Vela as you know has been successful at Arsenal from other players creating for him, Vela is a great finisher, he needs a greedy midfield that can play up the gut. creat through ball opportunities. the way we play right now is trash.

Damn, both of you don't know what the hell you're talking about when it comes to Sabah, if you've followed his career, when he was with Chivas he had a slow start then became a prolific goal scorer when he adapted, same thing in Cruz Azul, and now with Morelia he had a terrible start with only 5 goals and then at the end he was the top mexican goal scorer. Once he gets in rhythm with Mexico you guys will both shut up about him, hes starting over the others for a reason. He could have more goals if Dos Santos wouldn't try to take every shot when Sabah is clearly open. Also, I go for Morelia so I'm gonna stand up for my guy.

Damn, both of you don't know what the hell you're talking about when it comes to Sabah, if you've followed his career, when he was with Chivas he had a slow start then became a prolific goal scorer when he adapted, same thing in Cruz Azul, and now with Morelia he had a terrible start with only 5 goals and then at the end he was the top mexican goal scorer. Once he gets in rhythm with Mexico you guys will both shut up about him, hes starting over the others for a reason. He could have more goals if Dos Santos wouldn't try to take every shot when Sabah is clearly open. Also, I go for Morelia so I'm gonna stand up for my guy.

I know what i saw when he was with Chivas and it wasn't much to tell you the truth. I didn't follow him much when in Cruz Azul but my dad and cousin who are cruz azul fans didn't see much in him. Now they said he wasn't a bad player but he got a good chunk of goals from put backs and plays that were set up for him by others and they argued that if no one created for him, he would be the same player. Now he probably stepped his game up but i haven't seen nothing from him in the selecion yet.

I know what i saw when he was with Chivas and it wasn't much to tell you the truth. I didn't follow him much when in Cruz Azul but my dad and cousin who are cruz azul fans didn't see much in him. Now they said he wasn't a bad player but he got a good chunk of goals from put backs and plays that were set up for him by others and they argued that if no one created for him, he would be the same player. Now he probably stepped his game up but i haven't seen nothing from him in the selecion yet.

Let's give it time, when Morelia beat Pachuca this past season who at the team everyone thought was unbeatable Aguirre was in the stands and Sabah practically single handedly killed Pachuca so maybe Aguirre used that game as a guide.
Sabah Strikes again.
Sabah Strikes again.

almost had 2 but f**k the goals u see that save by ochoa
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Sabah Strikes again.

Ochoa is a beast. Can't believe he's not in Europe yet.
Sabah Strikes again.

i wonder why he is not in europe yet?
Sabah Strikes again.

hes Club owners are a-holes.
Sabah Strikes again.

do you guys think he will be the goalie when we play USA? what starting lineup do you think we will see vs the USA. I hope gio and vela and castillo start, what baout u guys?

Sabah Strikes again.

do you guys think he will be the goalie when we play USA? what starting lineup do you think we will see vs the USA. I hope gio and vela and castillo start, what baout u guys?

Doesn't matter USA will own them.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Sabah Strikes again.

Not in the azteca buddy sorry maybe in another 10 years
Sabah Strikes again.

Just like in 2002 WC when Mexico said there was no way they would lose to the US?
Just like in 2009 Confed Cup everyone said no way they beat spain...?
Sabah Strikes again.

Just like in 2002 WC when Mexico said there was no way they would lose to the US?

okay when has the US had success in mexico? and how many years? how many chances? how many win?
Sabah Strikes again.

okay when has the US had success in mexico? and how many years? how many chances? how many win?

That guys a dips**t, yeah, the players are really gonna come out and say "Yeah, theres no way we'll beat the U.S. here in the world cup, we're probably gonna lose to them."
Share 49ersWebzone