There are 261 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2009 Gold Cup

the gold cup will start this friday, so get your popcorn ready.

One of the dudes on ESPN said the US will bring their B team, does anybody know for sure?

Teams playing that i know of from the top of my head are canada,USA,Jamaica,nicaragua,Mexico and i forget the rest.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
the gold cup will start this friday, so get your popcorn ready.

One of the dudes on ESPN said the US will bring their B team, does anybody know for sure?

Teams playing that i know of from the top of my head are canada,USA,Jamaica,nicaragua,Mexico and i forget the rest.

Yeah the USA will concentrate on the 10 WC, like most of the other teams in the GC.
Group Stage

The draw for the Group Stage was announced 2 April 2009.[8]

Group A
Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
Canada 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Costa Rica 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
El Salvador 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Jamaica 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 July 2009
17:00 PDT Costa Rica v El Salvador The Home Depot Center, Carson

3 July 2009
19:00 PDT Canada v Jamaica The Home Depot Center, Carson

7 July 2009
19:00 EDT Jamaica v Costa Rica Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus

7 July 2009
21:00 EDT Canada v El Salvador Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus

10 July 2009
19:00 EDT Canada v Costa Rica FIU Stadium, Miami

10 July 2009
21:00 EDT El Salvador v Jamaica FIU Stadium, Miami

Group B
Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
Grenada 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Haiti 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Honduras 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
United States 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 July 2009
16:00 PDT Honduras v Haiti Qwest Field, Seattle

4 July 2009
18:00 PDT Grenada v United States Qwest Field, Seattle

8 July 2009
19:00 EDT Haiti v Grenada Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington

8 July 2009
21:00 EDT Honduras v United States Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington

11 July 2009
19:00 EDT Haiti v United States Gillette Stadium, Foxborough

11 July 2009
21:00 EDT Honduras v Grenada Gillette Stadium, Foxborough


[edit] Group C
Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
Guadeloupe 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Mexico 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Nicaragua 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Panama 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 July 2009
14:00 PDT Panama v Guadeloupe Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland

5 July 2009
16:00 PDT Mexico v Nicaragua Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland

9 July 2009
19:00 CDT Guadeloupe v Nicaragua Reliant Stadium, Houston

9 July 2009
21:00 CDT Mexico v Panama Reliant Stadium, Houston

12 July 2009
14:00 MST Panama v Nicaragua University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale

12 July 2009
16:00 MST Mexico v Guadeloupe University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale


[edit] Knockout Round
Quarterfinals Semifinals Final

A1
B2



B1
A3 or C3


C2
A2



C1
A3 or B3

[edit] Quarterfinals
18 July 2009
TBA A1 v B2 Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia

18 July 2009
TBA B1 v A3 or C3 Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia

19 July 2009
TBA C2 v A2 Cowboys Stadium, Arlington

19 July 2009
TBA C1 v A3 or B3 Cowboys Stadium, Arlington


Semifinals
23 July 2009
TBA Winner of A1 and B2 v Winner of B1 and A3 or C3 Soldier Field, Chicago

23 July 2009
TBA Winner of C2 and A2 v Winner of C1 and A3 or B3 Soldier Field, Chicago


Final
26 July 2009
15:00 EDT Semifinal Winner 1 v Semifinal Winner 2 Giants Stadium, East Rutherford
damn, Nicaragua playes some badass defense not giving mexico ANY spaces. good job to them. But Mexico wins. But I was impressed by Nicaragua.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 47,723
Originally posted by 1251alex:
damn, Nicaragua playes some badass defense not giving mexico ANY spaces. good job to them. But Mexico wins. But I was impressed by Nicaragua.

THE SHYT WAS OFF THE HOOK LIVE!! I was there in the Suites...place was rocking..b***hes everywhere...Too Bad Nicaragua lost
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
damn, Nicaragua playes some badass defense not giving mexico ANY spaces. good job to them. But Mexico wins. But I was impressed by Nicaragua.

THE SHYT WAS OFF THE HOOK LIVE!! I was there in the Suites...place was rocking..b***hes everywhere...Too Bad Nicaragua lost

psh, you guys should just stick too ....




























wait ...









































Originally posted by Conejo:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
damn, Nicaragua playes some badass defense not giving mexico ANY spaces. good job to them. But Mexico wins. But I was impressed by Nicaragua.

THE SHYT WAS OFF THE HOOK LIVE!! I was there in the Suites...place was rocking..b***hes everywhere...Too Bad Nicaragua lost

psh, you guys should just stick too ....




























wait ...










































Any updates on velas injury?
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Any updates on velas injury?

Id also like to know ... I dont care about Mexico but Im a Gunners fan.
USA vs Honduras starting right now. FSC cannel 401 for bay area comcast customers.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
USA vs Honduras starting right now. FSC cannel 401 for bay area comcast customers.

And 149 for dish network. Honduras had a chance to score but the player missed wide.
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Any updates on velas injury?

Id also like to know ... I dont care about Mexico but Im a Gunners fan.

It was just a sprain. mite just miss this next game against panama.
What a goal for the US. That dude BLASTED the ball and keep it low to soar past the goalie.
USA has looked the most dominant in this tournament. With a B team I might add.
Mexico like i said before is vastly over-rated due to the size of their fan base tying with Panama is not acceptable. I take that back mexico is not over-rated because everyone knows they suck now.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
USA has looked the most dominant in this tournament. With a B team I might add.
Mexico like i said before is vastly over-rated due to the size of their fan base tying with Panama is not acceptable. I take that back mexico is not over-rated because everyone knows they suck now.

And what's up with the Mexican coach getting into a confrontation with a Panamanian player, triggering near riots in the stands?