There are 246 users in the forums

Would you make the trade Warrior Fans?

Would you make the trade Warrior Fans?

If you were the Warriors GM would you trade

Biedrins
Wright
Bellinelli
Curry

for Amare Stoudamire - IF there was no extension in place when you make the deal.I personally would not make the trade unless an extension was in place. It is a lot to give up for potentially a 1 year rental. If they get a contract with Amare in place.. then yes I would do the deal.
No, not without an extension in place.

With one? Hell freaking yes.
  • dman
  • Veteran
I would not.

Amare's defense is just too awful.
no without an extension

no with an extension

right now the warriors are a better team than the suns. giving them a legit center pf and 2 sg is ridiculous. right now they have nothing. they have steve nash. we are basically going to retool them to become the run and gun team we could be but to play better defense and have a good starting 1-5.

nash/barbosa
jrich/curry/belinelli
hill/barnes
wright/swift
biedrins/lopez

thats a team that could make it as the 8th seed. why on earth would we give the suns a good plethora of young talent and add curry on top of that. we are in the drivers seat. if the suns dont want to be a laughing stock they can get biedrins, wright and belinelli and like it.

honestly i wouldnt even want to deal biedrins. i rather send ellis/wright/belinelli and azubukie to be honest. curry can be the pg of the future and pair him with morrow or stackjack and you have a big team finally that can still run.

curry
jackson
randolph
amar'e
biedrins

the idea of playing curry and ellis next to each other is kind of laughable and i rather see ellis shipped out before we ship out biedrins. before ellis i want maggette gone.
Originally posted by j3xperience:

we are in the drivers seat. if the suns dont want to be a laughing stock they can get biedrins, wright and belinelli and like it.

Werd
Originally posted by Jigga:

we are in the drivers seat. if the suns dont want to be a laughing stock they can get biedrins, wright and belinelli and like it.

Werd

I believe the same could be said about the Dub's, too.
Riley's gone on record saying there's no way they make the deal without an extension.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Werd

I agree
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Riley's gone on record saying there's no way they make the deal without an extension.

Lets hope thats true. It would just be stupid to make the deal without one.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Werd

I agree

I disagree.

that's really easy for Laker Fan to say. But I think that the Dubs are far from a laughing stock when healthy. Make no mistake, the Dubs aren't a contender by any stretch, but with...

Curry
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Biedrins

...next season, the Dubs are far from a pushover. Another team that can challenge for that revolving door at the 7th and 8th seed in the West. Plus, you'll have this same lineup potentially locked up for at least 2 more seasons.

The Suns, on the other hand, have an aging Nash, Barbosa, J-Rich, and an unhappy, ready to bolt after the season, STAT on their roster. Check out how many key free agents they are likely to lose (Barnes, Hill, etc.) and trades that they've made over the past few months. Getting rid of B Diaw and Raja significantly altered the identity of this team. Are they gonna be still run-and-gun or not? If so, they don't have all of the necessary tools right now.

The Suns need to either sign a big name FA now to play with Nash + Amare, or start the rebuilding process.

HELL NO!

Werd

Or they can just trade Amare to another team for a different package.

Werd

I agree

I disagree.

that's really easy for Laker Fan to say. But I think that the Dubs are far from a laughing stock when healthy. Make no mistake, the Dubs aren't a contender by any stretch, but with...

Curry
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Biedrins

...next season, the Dubs are far from a pushover. Another team that can challenge for that revolving door at the 7th and 8th seed in the West. Plus, you'll have this same lineup potentially locked up for at least 2 more seasons.

The Suns, on the other hand, have an aging Nash, Barbosa, J-Rich, and an unhappy, ready to bolt after the season, STAT on their roster. Check out how many key free agents they are likely to lose (Barnes, Hill, etc.) and trades that they've made over the past few months. Getting rid of B Diaw and Raja significantly altered the identity of this team. Are they gonna be still run-and-gun or not? If so, they don't have all of the necessary tools right now.

The Suns need to either sign a big name FA now to play with Nash + Amare, or start the rebuilding process.

Sorry, but this line up:

Curry
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Biedrins

.....strikes fear in nobody. And if that's your starting line-up, what's the bench look like? There a steep drop off in talent after that. I mean, if your starting line-up consists of Ellis, a "has been", and a few "never wuzes", you aren't going to get far. Getting Amare gets you a legit Super Star in this league. Something you need at least a couple of to get anywhere in the association.

Werd

I agree

I disagree.

Curry
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Biedrins

Sorry, but this line up:

Curry
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Biedrins

.....strikes fear in nobody. And if that's your starting line-up, what's the bench look like? There a steep drop off in talent after that. I mean, if your starting line-up consists of Ellis, a "has been", and a few "never wuzes", you aren't going to get far. Getting Amare gets you a legit Super Star in this league. Something you need at least a couple of to get anywhere in the association.

I wouldn't go THAT far. See, it's not necesarily the personnel over the past few seasons that has been "striking fear" into the league. It's the system that the Dubs play in (helter-skelter, up-tempo ball) that has surprisingly beaten good teams from time to time. Name a team that really WANTS to play the Dubs on the tail end of their back-to-back. Another year of maturity and experience for our younger players, I think that we're in a good position to push teams over the next couple of years.

Monta being a "has been"? Too early to say, man. But, with the lineup above, we still require a BONAFIDE All-Star to reach the level of the West's other "contenders" (Spurs, Lakers, Nuggs, etc.). Either someone from the above-mentioned group needs to develop (quickly) into that player, or we have to find him (and PAY him!).

(Note that I truly believe that added Amare to our EXISTING core would push us into that "next level"...of course, we'd have to wait until summer 2010 for that pipedream to unfold).

Needless to say, as a Dubs' fan, this is all that you can really hang your hat on. For whatever reason, besides our front office being totally chaotic since the 80's, this is what have to "believe". Laker fan have every right to call it "pathetic"...but Dubs' fan see it as "intriguing". This lowsy franchise does a pretty damn good job of keeping a$$es in the seats. We deserve much better, but you have to play with the hands that you're dealt.

Werd

I agree

I disagree.

Curry
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Biedrins

Sorry, but this line up:

Curry
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Biedrins

I wouldn't go THAT far. See, it's not necesarily the personnel over the past few seasons that has been "striking fear" into the league. It's the system that the Dubs play in (helter-skelter, up-tempo ball) that has surprisingly beaten good teams from time to time. Name a team that really WANTS to play the Dubs on the tail end of their back-to-back. Another year of maturity and experience for our younger players, I think that we're in a good position to push teams over the next couple of years.

Monta being a "has been"? Too early to say, man. But, with the lineup above, we still require a BONAFIDE All-Star to reach the level of the West's other "contenders" (Spurs, Lakers, Nuggs, etc.). Either someone from the above-mentioned group needs to develop (quickly) into that player, or we have to find him (and PAY him!).

(Note that I truly believe that added Amare to our EXISTING core would push us into that "next level"...of course, we'd have to wait until summer 2010 for that pipedream to unfold).

Needless to say, as a Dubs' fan, this is all that you can really hang your hat on. For whatever reason, besides our front office being totally chaotic since the 80's, this is what have to "believe". Laker fan have every right to call it "pathetic"...but Dubs' fan see it as "intriguing". This lowsy franchise does a pretty damn good job of keeping a$$es in the seats. We deserve much better, but you have to play with the hands that you're dealt.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. Ellis is the legit player, Jack is the has been, and then the never wuzes.

And I don't know about teams really fearing having to play the Dub's, even on the 2nd of a back to back. I know they can run on teams, but they really don't make anybody fear them.
Share 49ersWebzone