Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If you were the Warriors GM would you trade

Biedrins
Wright
Bellinelli
Curry

for Amare Stoudamire - IF there was no extension in place when you make the deal.I personally would not make the trade unless an extension was in place. It is a lot to give up for potentially a 1 year rental. If they get a contract with Amare in place.. then yes I would do the deal.

I'm only starting to get into basketball so I'm still new to it but would biedrins, Wright, belinelli and like a first round pick in 2010 be enough?

It would, but the Warriors cannot trade any first round picks to the Suns.

They traded away their lottery-protected 2011 first rounder to the Nets in the Marcus Williams deal.

And because you cannot trade away consecutive first round picks in the NBA, they cannot include their 2010 first round pick in any trade for Amare Stoudemire.

lottery protected means if its a lottery pick they don't get it?

Correct.

Here are the details of the retarded Marcus Williams trade

We traded a 2011 first rounder.....

1-14 Lottery protected in 2011 (Nets only get it if the Warriors make the playoffs)

If the pick is not conveyed in 2011.....then the Nets have a chance to get a pick the following year.

1-11 protected in 2012 (Nets get the pick if it's 12th pick or lower)

If the pick is not conveyed in 2012.....then the Nets have a chance to get a pick the following year.

1-10 protected in 2013 (Nets get the pick if its 11th pick or lower)

If the pick is not conveyed by 2013, the Nets get two second round picks from the Warriors in 2013 and 2015.

Since nobody knows when the pick will go to New Jersey and because of the NBA rule saying you cannot trade consecutive first round picks.......the earliest first rounder we can include in a deal for Amare Stoudemire is a 2015 1st round pick .

Oh okay. So, basically Nets will be getting two 2nd rounders in '13 and '15. But yea, whoever even made that trade for the Warriors should never ever make a basketball decision ever again in their life.

So yeah I get it. Oh well maybe we can figure out another way to get stoudemire!
so im guessing the trade is dead.
Accidentally landed on this thread. BUMP

And no, I wouldn't trade Curry for Stoudemire

Sorry John, had to do it my man lol
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
We should trade Curry for Tyreke Evans.

Only four players have averaged 20-5-5 as a rookie (Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Lebron James, and Tyreke Evans)

Originally posted by crzy:
We should trade Curry for Tyreke Evans.

Only four players have averaged 20-5-5 as a rookie (Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Lebron James, and Tyreke Evans)

lmao, even though the 20/5/5 thing was manufactured, I had faith in Tyreke improving his shot and defense. I thought the Kangz had an all star, fml
Damnit.
Lol
lol, some people calling Curry a "never was"
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Riley's gone on record saying there's no way they make the deal without an extension.

But she wasn't born yet

A) Hilarious thread bump

B) ^^^ those Warrior jerseys make me sick.

C) Chris Cohan is one of the worst franchise owners Bay Area sports history

D) Jed York is lower than Chris Cohen
E) some good O.G. dudes posted in this thread.

Great bump.
Share 49ersWebzone