LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Offseason thread

I need a new team to root for. I think I'm gonna become a Spurs fan 'cause I'm going to college in San Antonio next fall.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I need a new team to root for. I think I'm gonna become a Spurs fan 'cause I'm going to college in San Antonio next fall.

What a horrible fan you are.

Welcome! UTSA?
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Welcome! UTSA?

Trinity University if you've heard of it
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

lol how in the hell can u just switch teams. No matter how bad the lakers or niners got, i don't see how i could even root for a different team even if i wanted to. And i don't want to.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

lol how in the hell can u just switch teams. No matter how bad the lakers or niners got, i don't see how i could even root for a different team even if i wanted to. And i don't want to.

Because I was never that big of a basketball fan and Warriors fan to begin with. The Warriors p*ssed me off one two many times with the Staudomire bullsh*t. If we're talking about the A's and 49ers though, hell no I would never change teams.

If I had to rank my sports it would go like this

Baseball
Football

Basketball.

Because I was never that big of a basketball fan and Warriors fan to begin with. The Warriors p*ssed me off one two many times with the Staudomire bullsh*t. If we're talking about the A's and 49ers though, hell no I would never change teams.

Baseball
Football

Basketball.

That would change if you were a Spurs fan, and I HAVE heard of Trinity

Baseball
Football

Basketball.

what have you heard?Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm just curious how more local people think of my school.

Baseball
Football

Basketball.

what have you heard?Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm just curious how more local people think of my school.

Nothing, really, I've just heard of the school. Maybe dobo knows more, since he lived in SA. Are you starting there next semester?
I'm looking forward to seeing a strong 2010 finish for SA. Without Ginobli and only parts of the season with their big three playing together, they still won 54 games. Now you add Jefferson along with their young players developing and you have a very strong legitimate possible 60 win team.

Don't count the Spurs out just yet, they didn't have a bad season, just an unlucky one.

Finley will be back
Top 25 Spurs big man free agent targets

This guy is big on Sheed, but I think I'd rather see us go after someone younger like Gortat or if we go after an old guy, McDyess.
Top 25 Spurs big man free agent targets

This guy is big on Sheed, but I think I'd rather see us go after someone younger like Gortat or if we go after an old guy, McDyess.

Gortat would be a perfect fit. I'm not sure why ORL didn't give him more playing time as he was cleaning up inside and hitting the 15 footer. I really hope SA can land this guy.

Odom would not work at all in SA. He needed to be motivated by Phil by quarter (exaggeration). I wouldn't be surprised if SA is doing this only to up his value for the Lakers.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jul 1, 2009 at 11:44 AM ]

The Spurs couldn't drive up the price on Odom because they'd have to do a sign and trade w/the Lakers to make it happen. This is just some of the crap that gets thrown against the wall during this period of time.
Share 49ersWebzone