There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

San Antonio Spurs Offseason thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Bowen retiring from NBA

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4442293

The ankles and hacked forearms of SGs & SFs around the league rejoice.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Bowen retiring from NBA

The ankles and hacked forearms of SGs & SFs around the league rejoice.

no one does that to the timberwolves, no one i tell you
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Bowen retiring from NBA

It was time. He was a nice throw back to the old school physical players. The kind everyone hates until he plays for your team. He definately maxed out his talent and worked his ass off. Good player.
Byebye DOAT!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Byebye DOAT!

DOAT. Ouch.
Blackjack Bruce will always be one of my favorite Spurs.

And Sixth, I thought Horry was the dirtiest.
Bowen's number should be retired. His contributions were more important than AJ's.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Bowen's number should be retired. His contributions were more important than AJ's.

Agreed. It would be really awesome if they retired his number.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Agreed. It would be really awesome if they retired his number.

I would only be cool with the Spurs not retiring his number if they also unretired AJ's and Johnny Moore's.

Bowen made a case, several times, for DPOY. He also should have won the 2007 Finals MVP.
Quote:
Free-agent swingman Keith Bogans will sign a one-year contract with the San Antonio Spurs, sources confirmed Monday to FanHouse.

Bogans, a solid defensive player, is being looked at as an heir apparent to Bruce Bowen, who retired recently after being San Antonio's perimeter defensive stopper throughout much of the decade. The Spurs had been grooming Ime Udoka for that role, but they are electing not to bring him back as a free agent after he played two seasons with the team.

Bogans, who will sign a guaranteed deal worth the minimum of $1.03 million, last season averaged 6.0 points for Milwaukee. He has a 7.5 average over six seasons.
Originally posted by Dino:
Quote:
Free-agent swingman Keith Bogans will sign a one-year contract with the San Antonio Spurs, sources confirmed Monday to FanHouse.

Bogans, a solid defensive player, is being looked at as an heir apparent to Bruce Bowen, who retired recently after being San Antonio's perimeter defensive stopper throughout much of the decade. The Spurs had been grooming Ime Udoka for that role, but they are electing not to bring him back as a free agent after he played two seasons with the team.

Bogans, who will sign a guaranteed deal worth the minimum of $1.03 million, last season averaged 6.0 points for Milwaukee. He has a 7.5 average over six seasons.

You guys will love Bogans.
dobo, are you gonna go to the preseason game next month in Austin? 10/20 at the Frank Erwin Center.
dobo, are you gonna go to the preseason game next month in Austin? 10/20 at the Frank Erwin Center.

I didn't even know about it. (I haven't thought much about basketball since UT football and the 49ers began occupying my thoughts a few weeks ago.)

That sounds pretty interesting. I don't know, though. San Antonio is just down the road and my family still has a house there, so I always make it to a couple games every year.

I'm definitely going to look into it. What about you?

I didn't even know about it. (I haven't thought much about basketball since UT football and the 49ers began occupying my thoughts a few weeks ago.)

That sounds pretty interesting. I don't know, though. San Antonio is just down the road and my family still has a house there, so I always make it to a couple games every year.

Seriously considering it, if only because it's so close. Hell, I work across the street, so I'd have free parking (something I would gladly extend to you, if you're interested).

Seriously considering it, if only because it's so close. Hell, I work across the street, so I'd have free parking (something I would gladly extend to you, if you're interested).