There are 299 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What makes YOU, a Lakers Hater

Originally posted by 23zack80:
Kobe is selfish and yells at his team all the time. I don't hate him anymore, but I do not like him still. Pau Gasol is a giant retard man with a six inch vetical. He looks stupid, sounds stupid, and plays ugly. I hate watching drive the lane and "dunk" because he holds the ball above his head the whole time and jumps all of 4 inches to dunk. Derek Fisher is a little b***h which he proved in the Rockets series. Luke Walton is terrible and the only reason he is in the NBA is his dad. Radmonovich or whoever that f****t from Europe is, is a giant b***h. I wish I could go to an NBA game and kick him square in the nuts.

Those players are part of the reason, the other reason is the media. Just like the Patriots or Brett Favre, the media can't get off their sack. It is beyond annoying to listen to these guys talk of Kobe as if he is a god amongst men. He is a good player and their team is stacked, but try to be realistic and get off their nuts. They have benefited from bad refereeing just like every other team that wins a close series.

That's what makes me a Lakers hater.

Radman, huh? You must watch a lot of basketball.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think people always dislike teams that are consistently on top. The Yankees & Duke come to mind. Does it go beyond that?

Spurs disprove that point. Most have no opinion, much less hate them, maybe Bowen. Maybe because they're all seemingly good guys who let play do the talking? Steelers don't seem all that unliked either. A lot of the teams on top have other reasons to hate them:

Yankees - have more money/ Steinbrenner/ ARod, several caught cheating/ roids
Duke - Your theory applies here
UNC - perhaps theory applies, most haters is likely to their tema being owned by them.
Lakers - Kobe, genuinely unlikable guy for reasons beaten to death, also Phil
Pats - Belichick's attitude/ arrogance, but mainly because spy gate
Cowboys - Not on top in any way, but huge amount of haters. Likely due to fanbase being unaware they haven't been on top in over a decade.
Red Wings - does hockey have enough fans to even have haters?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I think people always dislike teams that are consistently on top. The Yankees & Duke come to mind. Does it go beyond that?

Actually Duke and Yankees fan base is the problem.

Spurs are always on top. Nobody was really hating on the Rockets when they won back to back.

That's a good point about the Spurs. I think that maybe the other part of it is the amount of media attention that a team gets. That's how I feel about LeBron. On his own, I f**kin' LOVE watching him play, but he gets soooo much love from the media that it gets really old really quickly, and I found myself wanting him to fail so everyone would just shut the f**k up. I call that the Brett Favre Complex.

That never really happened with the Spurs.

The Yanks havent won since 2000.
Duke has won three titles which hardly means they are always on top.
The Lakers have a great history but they have also lost 14 times in the Finals.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
The fans.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

The Yanks havent won since 2000.
Duke has won three titles which hardly means they are always on top.
The Lakers have a great history but they have also lost 14 times in the Finals.

Right, but each team is almost always a contender to win it all. I don't necessarily mean that they win it every year. Heck, I think that the Lakers have been in close to HALF of the NBA Finals in the league's history.
Originally posted by crzy:
The fans.

Especially Pete
Originally posted by Conejo:
The fans.

Especially Pete

I actually know the type of fans that you guys are referring to, and it bugs me as well. You should have heard it around the office when the Lakers were struggling against Houston. People were jumping off of the bandwagon en masse.

OR there's the people that think that they are somehow a superior species because the team that they root for is better than yours.
Most Laker haters are just jealous people.

30 NBA finals appearances, 14 championships, fan base made up of the biggest celebs.
The fans.

Especially Pete

I actually know the type of fans that you guys are referring to, and it bugs me as well. You should have heard it around the office when the Lakers were struggling against Houston. People were jumping off of the bandwagon en masse.

OR there's the people that think that they are somehow a superior species because the team that they root for is better than yours.

This is what really bothers me.
it's weird cuz i liked the 80's lakers.. i would never hate on success.. but i could never root for this current fakers squad

i hate how kobe tries to mimic mj.. the way the machine puts his hair behind his ears like a girl.. i hate how gay and ugly gasol is.. i laugh at how soft bynum is.. and i don't like how odom only shows up 1 out of every 3 or 4 games

[ Edited by bayarealuv on Jun 1, 2009 at 20:12:33 ]
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
The fans.

Especially Pete

This is what really bothers me.

FWIW, I don't think that the percentage of Laker fans that are that way are any different than any other team, it's just that since there are more Laker fans, there are more jackasses. You're gonna remember the jackasses a lot more than the guys who just root for their team like anyone else.

Also...you get what you give. I've probably been harsher with you than most non-Laker fans because you like talking a fair amount of smack yourself.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 1, 2009 at 10:51:43 ]
I honesty don't like a large part of the LA fan base. Like Pete said, tons of bandwagoners and fair weather types. I can't stand the suckers that don Laker flags on their cars, because they are the same b*****ds that'll take down those flags when the Lakers start losing. There are many of us that are great fans, but it gets overshadowed by the douchebags who like to tout the Lake show when they are on top and abandon ship when trouble arises.

This is what gets me about fans of any sport.
I live in SoCal, so for me, I'm a hater for a variety of reasons. I will list a few...

* I agree with the comments about the fairweather fans because there are many of them. In SoCal, you don't start to see many of the Laker flags go up until playoff time.

* I've been a Warriors fan as far back as I can remember, but I actually respected the laters at one time. My hatred didn't begin until I moved to SoCal and would hear all these "Shaq this... Kobe that" comments. The worst one I would get would be "Who are the Warriors? I never heard of them". That's right you never heard of the Warriors because you just started watching basketball when you heard the Lakers were winning again.

* Kobe's arrogance has a lot to do with it also. I just love to watch him fail, although I must admit that it seldom does happen.

* My "hatred" has toned down in recent years, but I still root for whoever the Lakers play whenever I see them on tv.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com