LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Official San Jose Sharks Offseason Thread

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Gustavsson, 24, is considering the Dallas Stars and the Toronto Maple Leafs, according to Aftonbladet. He visited both clubs nearly two weeks ago, as well as the Colorado Avalanche and San Jose Sharks.

f**king s**t, he narrowed it down to those too

Here’s an update to the report below. Adrian Dater of the Denver Post spoke with a Swedish journalist who questioned Jonas Gustavsson about the Aftonbladet report (see below) that he had narrowed his decision to just Dallas and Toronto. Gustavsson denied the report.

“I’m reading the paper right now, and I don’t know where they got that from. I did an interview with Aftonbladet just the other day and I told them that all four clubs were still on my list. That’s still true today” said Gustavsson.

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/index.php/ADSPblog/comments/gustavsson_update2/1755-2008-09

The Sharks have extended qualifying offers to Ryane Clowe, Torrey Mitchell, Brad Staubitz and Thomas Greiss.

They are NOT extending qualifying offers to Marcel Goc, Tomas Plihal, Lukas Kaspar, Mike Morris, Riley Armstrong, Ashton Rome, Taylor Dakers and T.J. Fox.

per pollak over at the mercury news blog
The Sharks have extended qualifying offers to Ryane Clowe, Torrey Mitchell, Brad Staubitz and Thomas Greiss.

They are NOT extending qualifying offers to Marcel Goc, Tomas Plihal, Lukas Kaspar, Mike Morris, Riley Armstrong, Ashton Rome, Taylor Dakers and T.J. Fox.

Have to wonder if Lombardi is going to sift through these guys and consider bringing some of them to LA - especially the LWs...
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Have to wonder if Lombardi is going to sift through these guys and consider bringing some of them to LA - especially the LWs...

3 horrible 1st rd picks in goc, kaspar and morris
its official

The team signed the 39-year-old defenseman to a one-year deal that will pay him $3.5 million next season, according to a team source. Blake would have become an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday.
Not to hijack but I figure this is the only active hockey thread for the offseason, but list of possible US Olympic Team is out .

They brought in 34 players to camp including Pavelski, Erik Johnson (who missed last season), Modano (I predict he makes the team as 3rd line checking forward, espicially because of Burke's comment in article), Rafalski who I thought looked like s**t in the Stanley Cup.

Goalies appear to be set with Thomas, Miller and Quick. But maybe DiPietro replaces Quick as the 3rd.

No Guerin, Tkachuk, Blake, Roenick, Schnieder or Chelios.

Invited 12 defenceman which I thought was unusually high.

Can't wait to see a Cole-Stastny-Parise line. If you guys think this is hijacking I will delete.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 30, 2009 at 18:13:38 ]
^^^its cool with me, just dont talk about the stars or ducks too much

I hope Pavs makes it, although he will have a hard time, cause he isnt the fastest skater.

I looking forward to watching a young team.

The flames signed Jay Bo to a 5 year deal , they just got a lot better. Although I think Jay Bo is a bit over-rated, him being back their with Phaneuf (probably not on the same line) will give the flames a stingy defense.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Not to hijack but I figure this is the only active hockey thread for the offseason, but list of possible US Olympic Team is out .

They brought in 34 players to camp including Pavelski, Erik Johnson (who missed last season), Modano (I predict he makes the team as 3rd line checking forward, espicially because of Burke's comment in article), Rafalski who I thought looked like s**t in the Stanley Cup.

Goalies appear to be set with Thomas, Miller and Quick. But maybe DiPietro replaces Quick as the 3rd.

No Guerin, Tkachuk, Blake, Roenick, Schnieder or Chelios.

Invited 12 defenceman which I thought was unusually high.

Can't wait to see a Cole-Stastny-Parise line. If you guys think this is hijacking I will delete.

your good, its ok to check out team usa even though i dont think we have a shot at gold or even silver unless a miracle happens ala 80
Scott Gomez was traded to the Habs today

Rumor has Heatly going to the rangers in a separate deal.

Reason I mention this here, is because some rumors had Patty going to the Habs (for a while now), maybe this puts a end to those.

Reason I mention this here, is because some rumors had Patty going to the Habs (for a while now), maybe this puts a end to those.

yeah its pretty much a given the rangers are trying to clear cap space for heatley. i dont want us weakening our depth for heatley who even though he can score 50 goals with jt he WILL disappear in the playoffs as well. i honestly feel until jt, marleau and nabby whom i think none will get traded learn to play in the playoffs like they do the regular season we will not win a cup. no moves will help us unless our stars wake the f**k up come playoff time as well as our other regulars like guchi, pavs, clowe and michalek produce like they do in the season.

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

yeah its pretty much a given the rangers are trying to clear cap space for heatley. i dont want us weakening our depth for heatley who even though he can score 50 goals with jt he WILL disappear in the playoffs as well. i honestly feel until jt, marleau and nabby whom i think none will get traded learn to play in the playoffs like they do the regular season we will not win a cup. no moves will help us unless our stars wake the f**k up come playoff time as well as our other regulars like guchi, pavs, clowe and michalek produce like they do in the season.

Heatly or anyone for that matter. If the sharkies ant to make a splash in Free Agency they need to dump a big contract.
Both sides of the table say the Ryane Clowe contract negotiations are progressing well and indicate a multi-year deal could be coming very shortly.

per pollack

Anaheim, San Jose, and Vancouver in a bidding war for the services of the Neidermayer brothers.

Doubt we get them though, but
TSN says Sharks signed Huskins to a 2-year deal worth $1.7M/yr.
You guys lost Goalie Brian Boucher to the Flyers. I think Boucher is a solid back up goalie, good pick up by the Flyers.

And the big breaking news is Gaborik to the NY Rangers.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 1, 2009 at 6:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone